Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where can I find info that there is huge truck demand in China? Asians and Chinese specifically generally do not like driving pickup truck, especially big one. Barely any pickup trucks are on Chinese city streets.

I'm saying the Cybertruck will literally create the demand for itself. I'm not going to argue this, just watch and see.

Vincent on twitter: 'Tesla Achieved Victory In Q2 2020 With 90,650 Deliveries'

Elon responds: 'Congrats Tesla Team — U ROK!!'

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1279275487877951488

Elon seems to be agreeing with Vincent that Tesla 'achieved victory' in Q2. He previously defined victory as breaking even:
'Breaking even is looking super tight. Really makes a difference for every car you build and deliver. Please go all out to ensure victory!'

Looks like Elon is saying Tesla was profitable in Q2.

Teslanaires

I see a lot of talk about newly-minted Tesla millionaires. My congratulations to you and to everyone else. A similar phenomenon happened in 2013. Back then, the fortunate ones were referred to as "Teslanaires". It has a ring to it, I think.

Check out this article published in the San Jose Mercury News about Teslanaires back in 2013. Be sure to note who the writer was.
2013: How ‘Teslanaires’ made fortunes on Tesla Motors stock – The Mercury News

If I had to guess at stock price movements:

Today - $1208
Pre ER (20th July) - $1300
Post ER (30th July) - $1400
Pre S&P announcement (14th August) - $1500
Post S&P announcement (~16 August) - $1600
6 days later (22 August) - Spike to $10k (could last seconds or days) - market cap>AMZN@$1.4Tn
7 days later (23 August) - $5000
15 days later (31 August) - $2500 (I don't expect funds to meet the 7 day requirement)
Pre battery day (14th Sep) - $2000
Post battery day (16th Sep) - $2200
Post P&D (3rd Oct) - $2500
Post ER (1st Nov) - $2700 ($500Bn market cap Vs Facebook at $665)

How are Bailie Gifford for example structured? Do they have limit orders in place where the traders are authorised to sell above? Or would they hold an emergency board meeting to authorise selling?

Who is ready for the rollercoaster of your lives?

Maybe they will get the Semi factory?!

I believe the Elon leaked email said it will be manufactured in Nevada, with certain parts coming from other locations.

EDIT: It's the opposite. Certain parts (batter & powertrain) will be built in Nevada, with "most of the other work probably occurring in other states".

Teslanaires

I see a lot of talk about newly-minted Tesla millionaires. My congratulations to you and to everyone else. A similar phenomenon happened in 2013. Back then, the fortunate ones were referred to as "Teslanaires". It has a ring to it, I think.

Check out this article published in the San Jose Mercury News about Teslanaires back in 2013. Be sure to note who the writer was.

Wow. I didn't realize it's been so long.

Reactions: Papafox
If I had to guess at stock price movements:

Today - $1208
Pre ER (20th July) - $1300
Post ER (30th July) - $1400
Pre S&P announcement (14th August) - $1500
Post S&P announcement (~16 August) - $1600
6 days later (22 August) - Spike to $10k (could last seconds or days) - market cap>AMZN@$1.4Tn
7 days later (23 August) - $5000
15 days later (31 August) - $2500 (I don't expect funds to meet the 7 day requirement)
Pre battery day (14th Sep) - $2000
Post battery day (16th Sep) - $2200
Post P&D (3rd Oct) - $2500
Post ER (1st Nov) - $2700 ($500Bn market cap Vs Facebook at $665)

How are Bailie Gifford for example structured? Do they have limit orders in place where the traders are authorised to sell above? Or would they hold an emergency board meeting to authorise selling?

Who is ready for the rollercoaster of your lives?
$10K Sell limit placed :D

Teslanaires

I'd love an update on those featured in the story. Did they make more, break even, or lose their arse playing options when TSLA did nothign for years?

In case of a 10:1 stock split, all the lazy analysts will be very happy. They don’t have to do anything. They can keep their target prices as they are.

With the demand caused by inclusion in the S&P500, I thought that would be a good time for a stock offering. That would increase the float. However, the demand may be much more than a measly 2B. An alternative strategy would be to offer way more stock directly to the index funds, collecting tens of billions, which would allow the purchase of mines, and the odd ICE competitor. To speed up the transition, we need much more models. Tesla models may need to be flashy looking, but there is a market for bland boxes too. There is a reason why companies have subsidiaries with different brands/why after a merger cars are still sold under the old brand. People want to distinguish themselves with their car. There is still cross fertilization between the brands (economy of scale).

I'd love an update on those featured in the story. Did they make more, break even, or lose their arse playing options when TSLA did nothign for years?

A friend of mine tells me he diversified some, retired and still holds appreciating TSLA and makes a few bucks selling covered calls. He says 'not advice':cool:

EDIT: While he would be wealthier IF he had stayed 100% TSLA the last 7 years he slept a lot better during those years of gyrations. Go LONGS (he says)

Last edited:
Teslanaires

Dana apparently got the idea for the article from this thread, which has some familiar names in it:

Teslanaires

IMO, they will build the first 'few' Cybertrucks in USA, probably Cali, so that they can be tested near the home base. However, significant production will occur first in China, then US factory in TX or OK (either of which will be slower to build than China or Germany).

*Also why they will build their first few in Cali......Jerome likes the mission but he loves trucks.

Tesla will ultimately try to limit how many eggs they put in the China basket IMHO... Elon could tweet one wrong thing and minutes later the CCP would be like "All of your factory are belong to us"

Probably all of the Cybertrucks will be built at the (likely Texas) Cybertruck factory for a while. The smaller planned "global truck" will be built all around the world.

Meanwhile, the global cooling brought on by industries shutting down has resulted in one of the coldest summer in Vancouver with rain all the time. What used to be months of smog filled burning days is now sunless rain.

Could be a fluke, but the coincidence is too convenient.

local =/= global

Isn't it like 90 degrees in Siberia too?

A friend of mine tells me he diversified some, retired and still holds appreciating TSLA and makes a few bucks selling covered calls. He says 'not advice':cool:

EDIT: While he would be wealthier IF he had stayed 100% TSLA the last 7 years he slept a lot better during those years of gyrations. Go LONGS (he says)

I actually sleep a lot better knowing that I’m 100% in TSLA. When Elon tweeted that the stock was “too high”, I sold my shares at $723 on that Friday afternoon thinking it was going back to the $400 level again. I always looked back on similar events in TSLA history and saw the tens of thousands of dollars I had missed out on by not selling and buying back much lower and thought I’d give it a go this time (note: I had recently been furloughed at work so financials were a bit up in the air and a bit of quick cash could have helped). I felt like complete sugar the entire weekend and literally woke up in a panic after dreaming TSLA stock shot up because of a weekend announcement. Luckily, I was able to buy back in on the Monday morning at $720, so I didn’t lose any shares, but for anyone who believes in Tesla long term, selling can cause severe distress. *Advice*