Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

dmunjal

Aug 17, 2012
Model Y price lowered $3k.

Shorts: lowered price -> no demand -> stock is overvalued
Longs: lowered price -> high margins -> stock is undervalued

Meta: be careful to not seek simple explanations to rationalize your prior beliefs.

Elon did the exact same thing last July when the stock was 1000 points lower.

So, 2500 next July?

• Funny
Reactions: CarlS and oldTAVguy

PeterJA

Sep 26, 2013
San Diego
FACT:
The Max Pain for Friday was $1380 or so. The MM's had position the stock for ending the day at max pain for the last 2 days. All the way up to 1230 PM the day was your typical selling and manipulating. And then it wasn't. An extreme increase in those willing to buy no matter how high the stock was going became present. And they stayed through the afternoon. It wasn't the "slow public" finally figuring this out. That would have showed up as a consistent slow increase in buying because the slow public was slowly learning. And instead the gates opened.
And the day before when someone just for some very UNKNOWN reason dumped more than half a million on calls for $1500? There is no doubt in such a decision.

If you read my post again, maybe you'll see that I agreed with you that somebody had a plan to buy big on Friday because of good news. I only disagreed with your hypothesis that the good news is not yet public. The public news seems sufficient to justify the buying plan.

EdIt: And the slowness of the public seems sufficient to explain the fact that the news (clues about profitable Q2) did not instantly boost the stock more than it did (13% on Monday).

Last edited:

jerry33

(S85-3/2/13 traded in) X LR: F2611##-3/27/20
Supporting Member
Mar 8, 2012
Texas
If you read my post again, maybe you'll see that I agreed with you that somebody had a plan to buy big on Friday because of good news. I only disagreed with your hypothesis that the good news is not yet public. The public news seems sufficient to justify the buying plan.
It is, but the released good news wasn't a trigger. (Assumption. Definition of trigger: an outcome which happens immediately after some event.)

PeterJA

Sep 26, 2013
San Diego
It is, but the released good news wasn't a trigger. (Assumption. Definition of trigger: an outcome which happens immediately after some event.)

I suspect it triggered someone to make a plan to burn the market makers on Friday. But the plan could not be carried out until Friday, for the reasons explained by @lafrisbee.

Reactions: lafrisbee

tcoombes

Supporting Member
Jan 22, 2018
Northern California
When I think about the future of Tesla I am amazed by what is not only possible, but the momentum that can be achieved in sustainable, economical, and environmentally friendly energy. No other entity is even close to what Tesla has achieved and continues to achieve. Many are still caught up in their narrow perspectives, and I support the idea of freedom of choice, but I think the tide is shifting. Tesla’s SP is in many ways a reflection of a realization of a new paradigm taking hold. Here is my response in the S forum to complaints that Tesla is “behind” in features, etc.:

Consider the entire car all pros and cons, compare to others and then decide what’s most important to you. If a few “luxury” features are more important then choose the one that has what you want. Many people are changing their mindsets on what is important in a car. Each person should decide for themselves. For me, the Model S is the best car I have ever owned and I have owned over a dozen Mercedes and a half dozen BMWs and over 100 collector cars and race cars. Nothing compares to a Tesla and won’t for the foreseeable future. That’s why Tesla is the most valuable car (and energy) company in the world. Each person should choose.

It’s just a matter of time, but eventually it will become clear to most people - the momentum has and will continue to shift.

LJS22

Mar 21, 2019
Texas
Elon did the exact same thing last July when the stock was 1000 points lower.

So, 2500 next July?
The secret is simpler than that. Goldman Sachs issued a downgrade to Apple just days before the stock shot up 20%. Goldman Sachs issued a downgrade to Tesla June 12th. Less than a month ago. Both stocks dropped on the downgrade then have been on a tear ever since. The Tesla tear is just a bit more ludicrous

keydiver

Supporting Member
Jul 31, 2015
Hobe Sound, FL
Misery loves company. I’ve been watching the stock price in terror for the last few months. I’m going through a divorce and have to split all of the increases with my wife. It’s really ruined the whole owning of the stock for me. It’s not so much the thought of having to share it as it is I’ll be left holding the bag if the TSLA bubble bursts after the settlement.

Is there time left to kiss and make up?

PeterJA

Sep 26, 2013
San Diego
The secret is simpler than that. Goldman Sachs issued a downgrade to Apple just days before the stock shot up 20%. Goldman Sachs issued a downgrade to Tesla June 12th. Less than a month ago. Both stocks dropped on the downgrade then have been on a tear ever since. The Tesla tear is just a bit more ludicrous

Morgan Stanley's Jonas behaves the same, and did on June 12.
Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley downgrade Tesla, saying the stock has gotten ahead of itself

Whatever these scumbags recommend to the sucker public (not to their own traders), do the opposite.

H Mak

Mar 16, 2020
Liverpool
Today my 2 grown up daughters came round for the first time since the virus. I gave them each a £1000 cheque as a small share in my new $TSLA wealth. For them, that's lot of money, so it reinforced my status as best Dad in the world (for a laugh I hid the cheques in the garden with cryptic clues as to where they were hidden, so that was lots of fun). Anyway as the day wore on they noticed I was wearing my Tesla T shirt and one of them asked if I had ordered the short shorts.
I was staggered. They have very little money of their own and no interest in investments, but one of them had heard of Tesla short shorts. I couldn't believe it! But it made me think, what I had considered a childish gimmick has obviously had a wide reach amongst young people not remotely interested in Tesla. I don't even own a Tesla. They had no idea of the relevance of shorts shorts and I was going to explain but after champagne, cava and beer, I was too pissed.

Big Time

May 8, 2020
MN
93E19FB2-EDEA-49A3-9878-A2047608678C.jpeg

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC