Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is today’s market action , the start , or the finish
4ED11E74-569F-4181-86B5-F9C1A811AAE0.jpeg

This was not the wildest swing in % between day high and low, but today's 22% ranks as 4th highest ever.

Preceded by 26% on March 19th 2020 and January 13th 2012, and 25% on November 10th, 2010.

I'm surprised there isn't an organized TSLAVIX group. They'd make a lot more money than the Q folks.

I really gotta learn about options. Im just doing it the boring old fashioned way of accumulating shares.

Can the gurus here recommend any resources as to where / how I should start my learning journey ?

The first thing you'll probably do as a new options investor is lose a bunch of money. Then hopefully, as you become more knowledgeable and with a lot of luck, you'll make enough to get back to a point where you'll have as much as you would have if you had just bought and held shares from the beginning. That's the dream.

Well, I cannot imagine how much the shorts had to throw at that today to engineer such a drop. More to cover when it goes back up.

I gained and lost 2 years invoicing today, not my first rodeo, but the numbers get bigger each time...

Worth noting, though, that we closed more than $100 higher than last Thursday, the second highest close ever and a courtesy visit to the $1400’s, just to cross it off the bucket-list.

Onwards and upwards!

The run up is maybe about TSLA, run down, probably not.

upload_2020-7-13_13-56-1.png

upload_2020-7-13_13-56-14.png

The first thing you'll probably do as a new options investor is lose a bunch of money. Then hopefully, as you become more knowledgeable and with a lot of luck, you'll make enough to get back to a point where you'll have as much as you would have if you had just bought and held shares from the beginning. That's the dream.

Hey I "paid off" one of my LEAPS today from premium harvested selling covered calls expiring this Friday. One way to lessen the sting of today's roller coaster, though it does still sting...

Reactions: elasalle
That is a dream. IMO, at this point in the proceedings, a lot of people are going to find out the hard way that options are a losing game. My only hope is that the lesson does not put unwary souls out of the big game. Buy equity and hold. GLTA.