Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Piper Sandler Raises TSLA Price Target to $2,322

"In our view, Tesla is the most consequential company in the mobility ecosystem, and this is unlikely to change in the next decade. We are increasing our price target to $2,322 after adjusting our DCF model to reflect faster-than-expected share gains and, more importantly, a detailed analysis of Tesla's software opportunity." - Alex Potter
Wow that news works like a charm. AH price rises from 1470 to 1505 in 1 min

Last edited:

"In our view, Tesla is the most consequential company in the mobility ecosystem, and this is unlikely to change in the next decade. We are increasing our price target to $2,322 after adjusting our DCF model to reflect faster-than-expected share gains and, more importantly, a detailed analysis of Tesla's software opportunity." - Alex Potter

Nice, the stock just turned on a dime. So all said and done we will finish at Friday’s close. Looks like there is at least one analyst who actually gets it. Strap your seat belts folks, the roller coaster is about to start again.

Is this what's pushing it up after hours? Up $27 to $1525

Edit: $1535 now

Nice, the stock just turned on a dime. So all said and done we will finish at Friday’s close. Looks like there is at least one analyst who actually gets it. Strap your seat belts folks, the roller coaster is about to start again.

Curious that this should come out after hours though...why not tomorrow morning? Hard to figure that....

Think macros need to behave for this to blow up again to tomorrow. Think some players might have said "we actually want to see that profit at this point."

Curious that this should come out after hours though...why not tomorrow morning? Hard to figure that....

Think macros need to behave for this to blow up again to tomorrow. Think some players might have said "we actually want to see that profit at this point."

Speculation but might it have something to do with the new margin requirements for TSLA? Is he helping out his clients by doing this before they get margin called? ETRADE apparently increased margin requirements.

Looks like I am still not very good at manage anxiety yet.
I bought NIO at $15.55 220 shares, TSLA at $1496 10 share ... which is less than 3% of my existing share at much lower price. Besides, I am just switching from MSFT to the two; I am not even using my living expense money.

Still when I see the lowering AH price, I feel quite bad and cannot focus on work. Especially when the Feb 4 nightmare coming back, and today is actually worse than that day.

Sshh. Everything will be ok.. dont worry.:)

• Funny
Reactions: gillfoto

Wow that news works like a charm. AH price rises from 1470 to 1505 in 1 min

It was my regular TV guest Craig Johnson of Piper who first alerted me to TSLA in early 2013, when I bought at $38. Indeed, that announcement from his colleague seems to have awakened the after-hours traders from their lethargy. :cool:

Random tidbits gleaned from Twitter that I haven't seen mentioned

1. Semi pack rev1 defined (duh, it's in production)
  2. Semi pack uses TE cells
  3. Semi was "delayed" in that deliveries to customers were delayed - Tesla uses their words literally when announcing changes, and the delay didn't mean a delay for use by themselves.
  4. There's work in 2nd floor of GF Nevada for Semi production. Not sure what. Total speculation, but seems they're doing a lot more for production at GFNV than assumed.
That's all from BillWright (search BillWright on Twitter and choose the guy with a supercharger for a profile pic :D:D:D). He's an employee there. He's awesome.

And 5 (its own number cause from separate source). Shirley Meng, who I don't think has much expertise in the stock market (could be wrong), has commented that shorting TSLA is not good because of battery day developments...She's a big name researcher in batteries. And if Shirley reads this and she does indeed have lots of stock market expertise, I hope she doesn't crucify me. She's brilliant and wouldn't be surprised if she knew 10x more than I do about stock market. Point stands, either way.

Edit: Looks like 5. was covered a little bit ago by @ZeApelido. Awesome!

Last edited:
When I first joined TMC in March of 2013, the trepidation among members was TSLA approaching its all-time high near $40. Many were taking profits in anticipation of a significant dip. I warned them that they may be jumping out of a stock that could soon run away from them to the upside. Actually, there briefly followed a quite modest dip before the huge explosion upward. We never heard from them again. :rolleyes:

Looks like I am still not very good at manage anxiety yet.
I bought NIO at $15.55 220 shares, TSLA at $1496 10 share ... which is less than 3% of my existing share at much lower price. Besides, I am just switching from MSFT to the two; I am not even using my living expense money.

Still when I see the lowering AH price, I feel quite bad and cannot focus on work. Especially when the Feb 4 nightmare coming back, and today is actually worse than that day.

You should stick with MSFT and not invest into Tesla. This stock has super highs and super lows. If you can't handle the pressure, then don't let that greed dictates your actions. Not for the faint of hearts, most of my friends who can't handle the volatility has gotten burned so badly by Tesla.