Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Poor Gordon's going to have an aneurysm when Tesla announce $1b profit in Q3, without ZEV credits...

CNBC should be ashamed of themselves for putting someone on TV who clearly isn't in a healthy mental state just to entertain the viewers. He looks like he's in a perpetual state of rage over Tesla and it's getting really disturbing to watch. Maybe give him a six month hiatus and bring him back if and when we get somewhere within range of his $87 price target.

CNBC keeps parading the "Boy who cried Wolf" - and no one believes him.

CNBS should put the price-target of all their "analyst" guests on the screen, assuming Gordo's still at $87, then the viewers can judge for themselves whether he has any merits in his arguments.

He also misstated the FCAU EU EV credit, BTW, he said $1.2b, when in fact it's $1.8

Edit: haven't heard anything from Anton recently, anyone actually read SA and can get us up to date with the latest nonsense?

Didn't I see a post a few pages ago saying that after a positive event like the good earnings report we just had, there was typically a stock price drop followed by a significant stock price increase the Monday or Tuesday afterwards? I can't find it; did the poster delete it or something?

Anyone have any idea why NKLA is up 16%? I can't seem to find any positive news:

upload_2020-7-27_7-27-10.png

To recap on stainless steel... Regarding 30X, it is merely SpaceX's recipe for 300-series stainless steel for Starship. It is the same naming convention as for PICA-X, SpaceX's recipe for NASA's original PICA. Could be that the recipe for 30X has been iterating frequently, so the 30X referenced in a tweet from last year may not resemble 30X that is used now.

I don't think we know that Cybertruck will use the same recipe as Starship. Starship started with 301 stainless and is now introducing 304L, at least for some sections. We can guess that Starship will move on to 30X eventually, at least for some sections, but I don't think we have seen any 30X steel rolls delivered to Boca Chica, Texas.

So far, all of this steel is being made in Alabama at Outokumpu's mill. It seems entirely possible that Outokumpu has a recipe that is close to what SpaceX wants. In any event, for its already-existing rockets, SpaceX uses an alloy of Aluminum and Lithium. Nothing about this is high volume, and the very few aluminum manufacturers charge accordingly. Compared to that, availability and knowledge for stainless steel is plentiful.

It appears that the shared materials team works mostly on Tesla jobs. That said, SpaceX does a lot of small casting jobs at its foundry at Hawthorne. Very low volume. Very exotic materials. From what I can tell, Tesla/SpaceX has the finest materials department in the world.

CNBC should be ashamed of themselves for putting someone on TV who clearly isn't in a healthy mental state just to entertain the viewers. He looks like he's in a perpetual state of rage over Tesla and it's getting really disturbing to watch. Maybe give him a six month hiatus and bring him back if and when we get somewhere within range of his $87 price target.

Johnson on CNBC as an expert on anything helps to remind me that everything is rigged.
Also, what's with the deer head on the wall behind him.

What's the latest news regarding bats and/or ants?

I think we need to worry more about Godzilla, judging by the colour of those ponds (toxic waste?).

In Europe environmental laws are so strict it would be impossible to just fill those ponds with sand, as they are doing here. The water would first have to be pumped out and any contaminated soil dug up.

Semi-OT in regards to covid, but 14 players on the Marlins tested positive. IDK what they are doing but that may spook the market. You would think baseball players who are being tested daily (they aren't using the quality tests though) and who "work" outside wouldn't be spreading it that much.

Gas is nice for cooking, but if it can be avoided you save the standing charge (daily charge irrespective of usage) and distribution losses.

I love cooking with gas but I'm moving away from it in my home. Why add the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning and/or an explosion (even if the risk is small) when an induction stove is comparable?

I stayed at the hotel right there and had a front row seat from the pool. It was kind of cool.