Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"it shouldn’t matter if you buy on margin or with cash, the split should hit both accounts at the same time." Of course it shouldn't matter.
We are not talking about buying with cash or margin. We are talking about the account (cash or margin) that shares are held in. If shares are held in a cash account, they can't be lent. If shares are held in a margin account, they can be lent.

i know this.
and i think we both know how it should work, and what the intention of the rules are.

but me, you, others, have been speculating about the manipulation...

i think now is the time we may pick up more clues from posters about how their positions are being handled and what that may mean is happening under the hood

id love to get to the bottom of it! or at least be able to place one or more pieces to complete the puzzle...

Uh, oh, Bloomberg is scrapping the bottom of the barrel for some Tesla-FUD, They are re-hashing the old Martin Tripp story with some fresh spin to paint Elon as the bad guy out to destroy the poor whistle-blower:
When Elon Musk Tried to Destroy a Tesla Whistleblower

The story also brings up the pedo-guy tweets and the SEC investigation and law suit (420 funding secured) as well as "puffing a joint" during live podcast.

I wonder what will they bring up once Neuralink is operational. Will they claim Russian hackers are controlling US elections via neuralink hacks to influence how people vote ? Honestly, its more likely that hackers would hijack brains to farm bitcoins...
The is a sign of desperation. Whenever truly awful hit pieces like this come out, the stock goes up. At least for the last two years, anyway; before that it might have caused the stock to go down instead.

How do you even tell if you have “fake” shares though. And wouldn’t the transaction page just show my share count increasing to 5x what I currently have?

P.S: I do have a margin account, but I’ve never actually used margin.
If you don't use margin, then you should change your account to a cash account. Even though you don't use margin, when you signed a brokerage agreement you gave the broker the ability to lend any securities in your account. Even though your shares may have been lent, if the short seller executes a legitimate trade, then yes---you will just see 5x what you already have. Hope that helps.

It will be extremely difficult for competition to catch up with Tesla, They design their value added components from Atom level and up versus competition rely on suppliers, all other automakers are basically assembler and they have no control over software design all semiconductor in cars.
Catching up suggests that Tesla is standing still while the others gain on them. As long as Tesla continues to research and innovate they will remain far ahead of the competition.

This may also be that one of you is in Quebec and the other is not. RBC’s tech infrastructure varies between Quebec and rest of country plus there would be additional back end reporting requirements in Quebec as well.

When I moved across Canada I had to actually set up new chequing accounts and have them be linked in their back end systems to be able to even see them on the same profile online. At the time I couldn’t even access cash real time in the accounts if it was past 5EST, even if it was still business hours in PST. All with the same bank.
That could be. Maybe MTL could check with his broker or other account holders that he may know.

As noted at the bottom of that story, it is actually a republication of a 2019 MAR 13 Bloomberg article: What Happened When Elon Musk Set Out to Destroy a Junior Engineer

What you found is the 2019 Bloomberg article being recirculated by Pocket and labeled as an advertisement, which implies that someone paid for the rehash.
What curious timing that someone would think to do that the weekend of a stock split. Sometimes I wonder about how deep the pockets the funders of the TSLA FUD actually are. Behind every Jim Thanos and Mark Smeagol there are real nefarious forces such as Russia who tried to initiate a malware attack to cripple Giga Nevada. The price of freedom is, and has always been, eternal vigilance.

I am in Quebec with Disnat and the message I received yesterday on the split sounds like they will need to run after some shorts and it might even take a few days, if they manage to catch them which they are not sure either! :rolleyes:

Following the split on TESLA (TSLA-U) shares on August 31st, 2020, you will receive of 5 new shares for 1 old share. We should receive de shares within a few business days following the split date. Should you wish to trade these shares next week, please call our Customer Service at 1.866.873.7103 and chose option 2. Thank you.

What I'm seeing at E*Trade is that if I look at my account I see all my positions correctly with pre-split numbers. If I look at the summary page for all accounts, the numbers reflect zero value for TSLA options. So about 70% of my account value is gone at the moment, at least on the summary page.

• Informative
Reactions: Tim S
Sunday is (hopefully *knocks on wood*) going to be an epic day for SpaceX. In the morning at 14:12 UTC there's a Starlink launch. In the afternoon at 23:18 UTC the SAOCOM 1B satellite will be launched. Then sometime during the day, Starship SN06 will make a 150 meter hop!

Edit: It should be said that the weather is really not great. There's a pretty decent risk of a scrub or two.

Last edited:
i know this.
and i think we both know how it should work, and what the intention of the rules are.

but me, you, others, have been speculating about the manipulation...

i think now is the time we may pick up more clues from posters about how their positions are being handled and what that may mean is happening under the hood

id love to get to the bottom of it! or at least be able to place one or more pieces to complete the puzzle...
I’m with you on that. It is my hope that anyone here that experiences any weirdness with the delivery of their dividends report it on this forum. GLTA

I’m with you on that. It is my hope that anyone here that experiences any weirdness with the delivery of their dividends report it on this forum. GLTA

Questrade in Canada (one of our larger discount brokerages) still has no indicators as to change in value or share counts. Although, options now have a warning flag.

EE3AC0A7-F25F-455A-8209-5E4E31642063.jpeg

Shrinking ICE world means the cost of servicing going up and becoming harder and harder to obtain at whatever the cost. Classic cars will thus sooner or later get converted to BE drive train from mere necessity and convenience. This is already happening and will be widespread for some time. Mustang with a tesla motor is a much better mustang.

Not so with motorcycles where the ICE is much bigger part of driving experience. They put insulation into cars to reduce engine noise and they remove mufflers to increase motorcycle noise. Motorcycle engines also tend to be simpler and are thus more "self-serviceable" to the point of casting your own pistons.

Vast majority of ICE lovers will turn to old motorcycles for their gas addiction. Fine with me.
I ride dirt bikes and I know that battery density and electric motors is sent to revolutionize that industry. Everybody complains about the smoke and the noise from Dirtbike. I really think this will help push the movement forward that it’s just another way to get out and experience nature on an EV!

Visual speed limit sign recognition is getting released: 2020.36 Release Notes includes Green Traffic Light Chime and Speed Limit Sign Recognition!! : teslamotors

0NJvmR7_d.webp

Picture by u/SatinGreyTesla

Edit: Following rumor post on reddit got deleted. Enjoy with care!
Rumor has it, that 2020.36 is an early (and first) version of the rewrite. But big leaps are to come in the coming couple of months: 2020.36 Release Notes includes Green Traffic Light Chime and Speed Limit Sign Recognition!! : teslamotors

Edit 2: New post: 2020.36 Release Notes includes Green Traffic Light Chime and Speed Limit Sign Recognition!! : teslamotors

Last edited: