Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And here is the fun part. Trump can veto this. Its untested as to whether that is legal. And Brett Kavanaugh will have the final say :(

OT : I'm all for national emergency declaration. What better way for President Sanders to implement Medicare for All and the new Green Deal in 2021 ? And, unlike the wall, they definitely are national emergencies.

Indeed. Summary:

Yes, The President Can Declare A 'National Emergency' To Build A Wall

It'll be a mess, but the short of it is it'll get tied up in the courts injunctioned before anything can actually be done.

What matters, though, is.... does the government get reopened? ;) Walls are nice political theatre, but the wall itself isn't a significant macro mover. A government shutdown is a huge one.

Reactions: neroden
Private sector Unions can't offer 100% protection from getting RIFed.

They regularly stop profitable companies from closing unprofitable factories or product lines.

And Unions regularly stop companies from firing low performing employees.

IF not for the UAW Nummi Fremont would have been closed 20 years beforehand. Among other factories.

And may have kept GM from bankruptcy. But employees care about their job in the present not the long term viability of their employer.
GM is still profitable.

Funnily - the shutdown itself didn't cause the market to go down. But re-opening it will make it do up !

It's accumulative. The government being closed for a day has almost no effect. The government closed for a long time accumulates a massive effect.

Boy, can you imagine what the market would look like if there's also China trade agreement later this month or next, and on the 29th Britain actually establishes some sensible path to a binding BRexit solution? ;) To the moon, seriously... Any one of these would be a huge boost on its own.

The only outcome is a general election
Or a "People's Vote" i.e. second Brexit vote. Considering the implications of Brexit, it makes sense. But then we get into what options will be on the ballot - since only a straight Yes/No vote can get a majority result. The first one was dominated by unrealistic Brexit expectations (of no pain Brexit) and poor participation by younger voters (who assumed Brexit will be defeated). I think a do-over will be a better expression of what voters really want.

• Disagree
Reactions: Singer3000
Jan 18,2019
Tesla Announces Date for Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2018 Financial Results and Webcast
PALO ALTO, Calif., Jan. 18, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tesla will post its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31st, 2018 after market close on Wednesday, January 30th, 2019. At that time, Tesla will issue a brief advisory containing a link to the Q4 and full year 2018 Update Letter, which will be available on Tesla’s Investor Relations website. Tesla management will hold a live question and answer webcast that day at 2:30pm Pacific Time (5:30pm Eastern Time) to discuss the Company’s financial and business results and outlook.

Tesla Announces Date for Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2018 Financial Results and Webcast | Tesla, Inc.

It may become the UAW's strongest selling point to Tesla employees.

You need protection from Musk's Manic-depressive bi-polar unjustified arbitrary firing sprees.

At the end of the day it is not Musk's choice. Employees have the right to unionize.

No doubt they’ll try to use it, but GM just laid off 14,000 UAW-protected workers. Not sure their presence adds a lot of job security.

Or a "People's Vote" i.e. second Brexit vote. Considering the implications of Brexit, it makes sense. But then we get into what options will be on the ballot - since only a straight Yes/No vote can get a majority result. The first one was dominated by unrealistic Brexit expectations (of no pain Brexit) and poor participation by younger voters (who assumed Brexit will be defeated). I think a do-over will be a better expression of what voters really want.

Obviously it'd have to be three ways, because there's three options now - Hard Brexit, No Brexit, and May's Deal. A vote can be arranged in four different ways -

1) All three choices at once
2) Hard Brexit? If not... No Brexit or May's Deal?
3) No Brexit? If not... Hard Brexit or May's Deal?
4) May's Deal? If not.... No Brexit or Hard Brexit?

One option has to be chosen. Whether the public or parliament does it. And inaction is a choice of Hard Brexit.

• Helpful
Reactions: lklundin
Tesla will post its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31st, 2018 after market close on Wednesday, January 30th, 2019.

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

upload_2019-1-19_1-13-8.jpeg

Obviously it'd have to be three ways, because there's three options now - Hard Brexit, No Brexit, and May's Deal. A vote can be arranged in four different ways -

1) All three choices at once
2) Hard Brexit? If not... No Brexit or May's Deal?
3) No Brexit? If not... Hard Brexit or May's Deal?
4) May's Deal? If not.... No Brexit or Hard Brexit?

One option has to be chosen. Whether the public or parliament does it. And inaction is a choice of Hard Brexit.

Of the 4, only #1 and 3 make any sense at all. So I expect it’d be something completely different.

Dana was fishing for dirt - asking laid off SpaceX employees to reach out to her - so that she can blow it into a mountain.

I have little respect and regard for elks of Dana Hill, Laura Klodney, Charles Grant or Linette Lopez. I think they are more scummier than Mark BS. Atleast Mark BS is a short seller, so we expect him to lie and be dishonest - a trait expected of all short sellers. But these so called journalists are expected to be unbiased and whatever they write is taken more seriously than the twitter feeds of short sellers and their friends. They hide behind and use the power of MSM to do the same shenanigans of the short sellers. That is despicable behavior.

@bonnie blocked me from Twitter because I disparaged Dana and Laura on her twitter feed. That is fine. I just follow @Reciprocity and that is all the news I need for Tesla.
I blocked you on twitter because you jumped on a thread to disparage, when the thread was not about what you were upset about. I gave you a chance to back down. You didn't. I blocked. I am not your social media platform. Go start your own thread and say whatever you want. But when a simple question is asked and you decide that's your opening to attack, it's not cool. And I don't like being used.

I blocked you on twitter because you jumped on a thread to disparage, when the thread was not about what you were upset about. I gave you a chance to back down. You didn't. I blocked. I am not your social media platform. Go start your own thread and say whatever you want. But when a simple question is asked and you decide that's your opening to attack, it's not cool. And I don't like being used.

(To both)

Kuuuumbayaaaaa M'lord, Kuuuuumbayaaaaa..... ;)

I am honored to work alongside you.

Thanks for everything,
Elon

Company Update
I would have changed only two things in that letter, but of the two, by far the most important to me would be the ending; I would have been much more sincere:

"Thank you for everything,
Elon Musk"

The "Musk" name has a sort of James Bond appeal to it, and the less flippant "Thank you" (vs. the cheesy cheap "Thanks") is much more meaningful, so it would be a lot easier to receive the goodbye note with that type of signature.

I have no idea what it would be like to work there, so I don't know if people working there are apt to look at it the way I do.

Everything else in that letter was written well!

Ok, on to the numbers ...

Reactions: abasile and gene