Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe road noise reduction generally requires sound-proofing mainly in the sense of padding existing air filled cavities that can bridge exterior noise to the exterior.

Correct. Alubutyl is the isolation material of choice for doors and hood.

Btw I think Audi also offers two-layered noise-reduced "glass" for the e-tron as an option.

Hmm, it appears that the batteries for S/X are no longer covered for capacity loss. The Model 3 is covered against a decline in capacity below 70%. But no such provision is in place for S/X. IIRC, the warranty used to assure 80% capacity. I don't understand why Tesla has backed away from this coverage or what recourse a new S/X owner would have if there capacity were to fall below 80%.

Tesla ought to explain this. As a prospective buyer (and one who already owns two Model S), this does not give me confidence.

80% was never guaranteed for my 2012 nor 2014 S.

Reactions: Thumper
upload_2019-1-30_11-59-22.png
Where are you getting these numbers? P take rate in Norway looks like ~3.5% in 2017 and ~2% in 2018...Model 3 VINs

Correct - 255 SP100D, 491 SP90D, 194 XP100D, 327 XP90D

And interestingly, I see there are 2 LeMuRs registered in Norway...

The timing of this message is presumably going to be a success. Approx 5% bump? This either will insulate from the shorts FUDing the ER if average or will mean a spectacular breakout is guaranteed if the ER is great. 2 news cycles but kind of only 1 SP bump (for premarket hours).
5%... Currently 1.5 hrs into premarket - up 0.18%
This guy is an idiot - DO NOT TAKE HIS "NOT AN ADVICE"!

He's still banned from doing "comparison videos". Though he did sneak in a couple quick comments that were effectively "comparisons" in there ;)

It's a bit of a mixed-bag the E-Tron. The charging port placement is a huge issue. The user-interface is a mess, too many screens and buttons. The consumption is really high, Bjørn was driving quite slow on the highway, 110kmph-ish and it was chewing up 30kWh/100km. OK, it wad pretty cold outside (-4C), but I can drive like a lunatic on the Autobahn and comfortably get 35/100 - that's going between 160 and 200kmph. If I poottle along at 110 then I reckon I could get 400-450km range.

Not being able to run the HVAC while charging is the one that really made me scratch my head.

What's positive is that it's well put together, as you'd expect from an Audi, and sounds like a super-quiet and comfortable ride. This will appeal to some.

Last edited:
90% serious, 10% joking, here are some possible future $TSLA big moments, chronologically.
  • Model Y unveil
  • Included in S&P 500
  • Pickup truck unveil
  • Coast to coast FSD demo
  • Autopilot officially out of beta
  • Full Self Driving available for purchase
  • Tesla Network started
  • Warren Buffett buys $TSLA
  • Tesla boarding Starship
  • Tesla roaming on Mars
Anything I missed?

• Love
Reactions: ZachShahan
90% serious, 10% joking, here are some possible future $TSLA big moments, chronologically.
  • Model Y unveil
  • Included in S&P 500
  • Pickup truck unveil
  • Tesla Network started
  • Tesla roaming on Mars
Anything I missed?

Self-driving, flying Teslas rebel, enslave the human race?

• Model Y unveil
  • Included in S&P 500
  • Pickup truck unveil
  • Tesla Network started
  • Tesla roaming on Mars
Anything I missed?
Yes...

"Elon Musk farts while walking his dog."

You're welcome

Dan

OT . . . and now for your irregularly-scheduled New Mexico Tesla update...

So the senate committee hearing was today. About 30 Tesla owners showed up in the New Mexico State Capitol this afternoon. We sat there for ~2 hours while other bills were debated in the committee and then finally it was time for the very last bill on the list today... ours.

Problem: two crucially important senators on the 7-member committee had stepped out and were not present when the Tesla bill came up. Chaos and confusion ensued. Committee chairman did the classic shrug ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -- I kid you not. I just watched him do that gesture from his committee chair seat, and it was like watching some dark comedy unfold. More like a trainwreck, really. Aides were sent off to find the two missing senators. Minutes tick by. Chair says we're gonna adjourn for 15 minutes to find the missing senators.

Fifteen minutes go by. No luck. The two missing senators were still missing. (I swear, no Hollywood screenwriter would get away with a plot like this.) So there were two choices: proceed without those two senators, and watch the bill die a gruesome death because the 3 Rs on the committee, doing the auto dealers' bidding (the dealers brought seven or eight paid lobbyists to the hearing), would have then all voted no, causing a 3-2 vote that would have instantly killed the bill. We needed a 4-3 vote to win, but with two of the four yes's not present and accounted for, forget it!

THEN we find out the two senators had just gone off to do a live radio interview with a local talk show host who was broadcasting his show live from the state capitol, interviewing state legislators. And JUST WHEN WE NEEDED THOSE TWO SENATORS, they get yanked out of the committee and they wind up yacking on the air???

Ok, think about that. It doesn't take much imagination to wonder if this was a set-up. Maybe it was just a screwup (Occam's Razor would say: yep, Keystone Kops screwup) but damn it sure felt like a set-up, felt like dealer shenanigans, who knows.

Anyway, faced with this situation, the senator sponsoring the bill did I guess what he had to do, and announced he was withdrawing the bill from consideration before the committee -- at least for today.

Now we have to wait to find out when it might get heard again. And who knows if all 7 senators will stay put and be there and vote right and do the right thing the next time the bill gets brought up (assuming it does!!!).

Man do I hate politics.

Stay tuned.

If you want to sway the politicians, you need either money or dirt.

• Model Y unveil
  • Included in S&P 500
  • Pickup truck unveil
  • Tesla Network started
  • Tesla roaming on Mars
Anything I missed?
More Gigafactories in China, Europe and other places will move the SP upwards a lot. Self driving would move SP even more. A self driving Tesla roaming Mars would explode SP. Maybe in 10 years time it won't feel like a joke?