Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope I'm not disturbing your beating of this dead horse, but on the topic of "regrettable premature rushes to judgement", the words you were looking for from me were in the next post down:

"Tenable: If you're actually long, as your history suggests, then I do apologize."

But I'll duck out now and let you continue with that horse if you wish.
I am really sorry to see that I haven't misjudged you.
I don't use ifs ends and buts when I screw-up.

Last edited:
Despite some here expressed their strong concern about Teslas ability to do a decent service and despite that at the say.com platform the service issue came out as number 1 and was therefore the first Elon did answer at the ER call customer satisfaction of all owners is at a top spot in the CR report.

On a personal note I want to add that here in Europe I did not came across any large service issues and my experience with Tesla service so far is well above everything that I experience with any other car company I did deal with.

Still I hear those who have those issues and take them seriously but believe we all should differentiate between some obviously negative ones in the context that obviously the vast majority of owners are satisfied with the car as well as the service.

Earl of Frunkpuppy on Twitter

Being delighted with the car is not the same thing as being delighted with customer service.

CR was rating being delighted with the car.

Nope. CHAdeMO is a dying tech (as much as Nissan keeps fighting against this), with almost everyone else unifying around CSS. Not sure how long they're going to keep on trying, but eventually they're going to have to face reality; more and more dual CCS-CHAdeMO charger makers are going to stop including CHAdeMO on their chargers.

I wonder what province Webeevdrivers is in. If the V3 rollout goes like I'm expecting it to, there's going to be a lot of buildout later this year.

We have here county wide charging network on CHAdeMO-s and almost no CCS chargers, but probably they will add CCS cables later on
ELMO - Eesti elektromobiilsuse programm | Charging network

• Informative
Reactions: jbcarioca
That is true @MP3Mike. Local provider EVN here has hiked prices 100% in September 2018. Here is hoping SC won't follow suit.

When I travelled to Denmark, as a non-resident, one could get a one-time charging session for 99DKr, about €14, and assuming my XP100S max charge is around 90kW, works out to 15€c/kWh - which I found reasonable, even with a half-charge it's acceptable. Last time I looked, they'd hiked it to 249DKr, 250% more, which is only cost-effective with full charge, ergo, I don't use it.

The other DK provider, Clever, doesn't provide session rates, but charges per kWh. What do they charge? €1 per kWh, are they nuts? Who's going to use that??

The car has much less space than the S, don't even compare to the X.

Don't worry, they will. Every single time. ;)

What did you think about the interior space relative to the 3? I see from its stats that its trunk space is between that of the 3 and the S, but I have no good data on interior space for the driver / passengers.

ED: Whoa, totally missed that you wrote this:

The charger started with 150 kW, but soon leveled off slightly as it went to 60%, reduced more at 70 %, when I left. It was clearly below 120 kW then.

Very interesting! They're marketing it as capable of much more. Was this a v2 charger? Or is it doing double-voltage charging on a CCSv1? Bjørn's testing made it look like it only capped out at 80kW on v1.

Last edited:
Oh God, I’m still Tweeting. What is wrong with me?

And I’m usually the FIRST to say that social media is a trash dump of society, and you can’t fix stupid.

Now I’m one of them. (The trash dump that is—not the stupid).

I’m going to eat some chocolate ice cream and cry now.

Don't get drawn into dumb arguments (do as I say, not as I do), just state facts.

And no name calling! Well f***-face and dip-s**t is OK, but no worse that that...

CUV's don't tend to have three rows AFAIK
Most midsize-platform-based CUVs are three-row (with exceptions being luxury models, and some "sportier" (scare quotes fully intended) models like the Ford Edge, the new Honda Passport, and the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport), and a few compact-platform-based CUVs (Outlander, Tiguan, Rogue, in some markets the CR-V) are either three-row or have three-row options.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
Why do you guys in the UK do this to yourselves? I mean, okay, I get it with old pre-car construction... but why keep making new construction like that? It's self-inflicted.

Over generations, the British Isles have genetically selected for individuals who like to feel miserable.

Hence all the excitement about crashing out of the EU...

When at the supercharger in Geisselwind an Audi e-tron from Ingolstadt pulled up in the nearby charger. (An i-pace and an Ionique were also present).

I was impressed with the build quality of the Audi. When I sat in the car, closed the door, I felt separated from all outside world. Very quiet. The driver had gone 170 km from Ingolstadt to Geisselwind and arrived with 50 % SOC. The driver told me, he did not go fast on the Autobahn due to heavy traffic. Weather was around freezing. The charger started with 150 kW, but soon leveled off slightly as it went to 60%, reduced more at 70 %, when I left. It was clearly below 120 kW then.

The car has much less space than the S, don't even compare to the X.

My take: Audi has a lot to learn with respect to efficiency, electronics, batteries and drivetrain. But the build and finish are very impressive. And: the car is expensive, unless the dealer discounts (8 % to 15 %) will be granted. But even then.

After having owned an A4, an A6 and an A8 over 15 years, I agree that Audi knows how to make cars. And they know how to service them, at least around here. How they adapt to BEVs will be interesting to see.

Any info how many cars in total?
ships.png

David McLeod on Twitter

When I travelled to Denmark, as a non-resident, one could get a one-time charging session for 99DKr, about €14, and assuming my XP100S max charge is around 90kW, works out to 15€c/kWh - which I found reasonable, even with a half-charge it's acceptable. Last time I looked, they'd hiked it to 249DKr, 250% more, which is only cost-effective with full charge, ergo, I don't use it.

The other DK provider, Clever, doesn't provide session rates, but charges per kWh. What do they charge? €1 per kWh, are they nuts? Who's going to use that??

Why is it so difficult to calculate percentage increase when the increase is large? (I don’t mean to pick on you in particular, it seems that almost everybody does this wrong.)

Slightly more on topic: I think that charging both by kWh and by time makes the most sense: If charging costs, for example, 10c/min+10c/kWh then it discourages people from charging to 100%. (And you don’t even have to charge a penalty for not moving the car after the charging is done: just continue charging 10c/min.) Too complicated?

Being delighted with the car is not the same thing as being delighted with customer service.

CR was rating being delighted with the car.

Not correct. Thats the question CR asked to 500,000 owners receiving the highest rate:

If they had it to do all over again, would they definitely buy or lease the same model?

A decision to buy a car again does include all experiences you had with the company, employees and service on top of the car itself.

Not correct. Thats the question CR asked to 500,000 owners receiving the highest rate:

If they had it to do all over again, would they definitely buy or lease the same model?

A decision to buy a car again does include all experiences you had with the company, employees and service on top of the car itself.

They love the car. They love the company mission. They have the highest percentage of repeat customers.

Doesn't mean customer service is a bowl of cherries.

Almost every video on youtube with horrible customer service qualifies it by saying the love the car.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler