Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cmon shorts - your boring the longs into fights on grammars. Shirley - ewe can do butter

Me:
xRCfa1OQ_400x400.jpg

* I'm a frayed knot

Last edited:
It does appear that Elon and board have decided to take a "turn-the-other-cheek" attitude, opting to put our resources fully behind the building of more and better BEVs. I agree with this position, yet would not be surprised if some sort of action ensued, at some point, against those behind these fraudulent, collusive hits on the Company. The criminality of these coordinated hits rise to the purview of the DOJ (FBI), IMO. I don't know where we stand with the case against the "saboteur", but if we actually get to depose him, I'm hopeful some big names might ultimately emerge.
Does anyone have knowledge as to the status of this case? TIA

I think they have taken a, "Let's put the best products on the planet in customers hands and let competors flail around trying to do better only to become painfully obvious that they are 5 years behind and that gap is growing by the day." Stance.

As journalists or publications, you can only lie for so long and then you lose credibility. California and Norway are case in point, where Tesla's are a good percent of the cars sold there. That doesn't happen if people read the news and don't use there open judgement. Now they all know how fake the news is. As time goes by, the more will know through word of mouth and friends/families. Every Tesla owner is a salesman (women). Do your part, buy a Tesla. Tell all your friends and family. Give them all rides. Let them drive the car. Then ask them if they could afford to be sick from noxious funes or lack of food from sun bleached farmlands. Hell just get solar and the car is cost competive with any car in it's class over 10 years. Skip some over priced coffee and brew drip home.

As time goes by, the more will know through word of mouth and friends/families. Every Tesla owner is a salesman (women). Do your part, buy a Tesla. Tell all your friends and family. Give them all rides. Let them drive the car. Then ask them if they could afford to be sick from noxious funes or lack of food from sun bleached farmlands. Hell just get solar and the car is cost competive with any car in it's class over 10 years. Skip some over priced coffee and brew drip home.
I estimate that 3500 people have sat in the driver's seat while I showed off my S85 (they didn't actually drive though). This doesn't count those in the back seat. It would have been more but hail damage meant that I couldn't show it where there was a critical audience ( car shows ).

The war is basically won, no one has gotten the memo yet. Tesla has invented the product and manufacturing process and now it's just a matter of scale. They have forced some real responses finally from competors though it may take a decade for them to catch up. By then tells will have 10 gigafactories pumping out 10M autonomous cars a year, 10GWh of battery storage and as much solar. Mostly from new homes with solar tikes and powerwalls.

At this point, there really isn't a way to stop them.

A cute and innocent looking chicken is wielding a deadly axe. If you wanted to go deep into it you could say that Tesla might look like dinner to it’s competitors, but Tesla is a different chicken

Peace Was Never An Option | Know Your Meme

@Navin I think it means that peace was never an option, they want Tesla dead in the same way the butcher wants the chicken dead. To survive for the short term from it's meat. There is no making friends between predator and prey. Tesla fooled everyone though. They are the Apex predictor going after everyone's margins and succeeding.

Tesla's major disadvantage:
  • I do not think they build cars (drive system apart) with the same cost efficiency at the big players. Does anyone have a $ units of manufacturing labour per car across the various manufacturers infographic? I wonder where Tesla would rank. If Tesla ever gets REALLY good at automotive manufacturing then, well, only the Chinese will be left... As much I disparage the traditional manufacturers SOMEONE has to build 70 million(?) or so vehicles a year.

I've never seen any great evidence that Tesla is significantly less cost efficient at non powertrain auto production.
  • Tesla number of staff per car is much higher than normal OEMs mostly because Tesla has significantly more vertical integration, both for powertrain, but also for body and other non EV component production. Most of Tesla's vertical integration choices were made with the long term plan in mind - some in-house components might require more scale and are more expensive below 200k annual production, or below 500k annual production etc, but the processes are not inherently less efficient and in the long term will save Tesla money and increase design flexibility.
  • Much of Tesla's higher costs per car are not due to lack of efficiency, but due to designing for a significantly higher level of safety and durability than the competition.
  • That said, I'm sure there are improvements to be made and Tesla will constantly work on cost reduction. Elon's strategy of ignoring all traditional auto production processes and starting again from first principles led to a lot of risks with the Model 3 ramp and likely several parts of the production process ended up less efficient than other OEMs, but it is relatively easy to replace these failed experiments with the traditional processes. On the other hand, some of Tesla's production experiments will have led to parts of the production process being significantly cheaper than other OEMs, even for paint/body/assembly/other components etc, and these will be a strong competitive advantage going forward.
So on the whole and excluding safety and durability investments, I think for model Y Tesla's costs will be lower than the competition for both Powertrain and non Powertrain production.

Last edited:
Owner satisfaction encompasses reliability as one of the aspects. The same group of Tesla owners that documented the minor reliability problems are the ones who voted the car most satisfying.

I.e. the owners are smart enough to realize that the minor aspects of paint issues, panel gaps, an initial screen problem immediately fixed, are smart enough to realize those things are very small issues easily outweighed by owning a car that’s got better performance than BMW, with 2 1/2 times the efficiency of a Prius, while being safer than a Volvo, and is the only car in its class that improves over time.

The question is why CR just assumed the owners don’t really know what they want?

Indeed. Same thing. Fewer words. ;-)

I think they have taken a, "Let's put the best products on the planet in customers hands and let competors flail around trying to do better only to become painfully obvious that they are 5 years behind and that gap is growing by the day." Stance.

As journalists or publications, you can only lie for so long and then you lose credibility. California and Norway are case in point, where Tesla's are a good percent of the cars sold there. That doesn't happen if people read the news and don't use there open judgement. Now they all know how fake the news is. As time goes by, the more will know through word of mouth and friends/families. Every Tesla owner is a salesman (women). Do your part, buy a Tesla. Tell all your friends and family. Give them all rides. Let them drive the car. Then ask them if they could afford to be sick from noxious funes or lack of food from sun bleached farmlands. Hell just get solar and the car is cost competive with any car in it's class over 10 years. Skip some over priced coffee and brew drip home.
FYI. I've been driving a Tesla since June 2013. S60 until September 2018, now S75D.

I wished the same would happen to TSLA

German stock market authority Bafin (German SEC) did ban all short selling from Wirecard because they received credible information that short sellers did intend to buy for millions of € investment, negative press articles and titles in order to create negative sentiment and bring the stock price down.

Wirecard is since month attacked by short sellers and lives through a high volatility always driven by short attacks combined with later proven wrong media reports.

I do applaud that the Bafin which is similar to the SEC did stop all short selling on Wirecard for now.

This is a prove that those collusions are real and exist and millions are flowing in the media to spread wrong information. Thats easy money for short sellers and easy money for the media. Those people belong into prison!

Its time that the SEC finally starts to thoroughly investigate what happens to TSLA.

Wirecard: Neue Attacke geplant

Owner satisfaction encompasses reliability as one of the aspects. The same group of Tesla owners that documented the minor reliability problems are the ones who voted the car most satisfying.

I.e. the owners are smart enough to realize that the minor aspects of paint issues, panel gaps, an initial screen problem immediately fixed, are smart enough to realize those things are very small issues easily outweighed by owning a car that’s got better performance than BMW, with 2 1/2 times the efficiency of a Prius, while being safer than a Volvo, and is the only car in its class that improves over time.

The question is why CR just assumed the owners don’t really know what they want?

You know, I was going to comment on the screen freezing thing saying my S still occasionally has that(and has sometimes failed to start entirely because of it), but then realized that actually hasn’t happened in a long while... That had been a long-running issue since I got the car but seems to me they fixed it in that last month or 2.

When Ford first put seat belts in cars (long before any talk of mandates), sales went down because the customers thought it indicated that Fords were somehow less safe than other cars. Something similar happened to Chrysler when they sold the first unibody car and released a film showing how it was safer than the ladder construction in a rollover. For some reason it takes a lot of education and often enforcement to get people to change their thinking--even on things that would seem obvious if only a little thinking was involved. There are people who still don't wear their seat belts.

I wouldn't know anything about the sausage delivery situation.
That first line got in there by mistake. I started to write a reply to someone about Model 3 as a delivery, then decided I wouldn't increase the noise in the forum and deleted it (or at least thought I did), so now I'm wasting people's time explaining my stupid comment. Sorry. But at least it's the weekend.

My wife and I have seen enough results of people going through windshields to know that it really does matter. We traumatized our kids so much about wearing seatbelts that they always wear them as do we.

View attachment 380203 This is super interesting. This guy works for GM in software development. Wonder why he is immediately stoping his banter on TSLA. Any guesses?

Guessing they switched jobs, bought a Chrysler/ Jeep Rubicon (employee discount?), and found a significant other who likes basketball.
(But was their previous job anti-Tesla relations?, or is Fiat/Chrysler the one teaming with Tesla)

My thoughts on the CR Model 3 recommendation “gate”:
  • Tesla shouldn’t let it go, they need to talk the sense out of them or sue them.
  • Only two possible reasons CR is doing this is, either a PR stunt or some individuals were on shorts payroll, either way, it should be corrected.
  • CR is basically saying normally reliability of a car means it should take you from point A to B with high probability, but for Teslas, they need to do that while looking miraculous all the time, and if it fails in the look department, they can no longer recommend it.
  • In the end, this is going to be free advertisement for Tesla, TSLA’s dip in response is just silly.

Last edited: