Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess y'all saw this:

Elon Musk on Twitter

upload_2019-3-5_22-1-15.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-5_22-0-55.png
    upload_2019-3-5_22-0-55.png
    181.4 KB · Views: 72
  • upload_2019-3-5_22-1-0.png
    upload_2019-3-5_22-1-0.png
    181.4 KB · Views: 51
People are idiots. But if a car does drive 500 miles to deliver itself, there should be some kind of discount for that (or a higher price for truck delivery).

Nope, laws are such that everybody has to pay the same "destination" charge. It doesn't matter if you pick it up as it comes off the factory line or they have to ship it to Hawaii/Alaska.

But I assume that the warranty would start from the mileage on the car at the point that you take possession. So it would give you a nice "free" break-in period on the car.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
The ARK ETF's are loving the lower prices on TSLA.

ARKK purchased 19,302 shares
ARKQ purchased 2,469 shares
ARKW purchased 5,721 shares

today. They've been buying pretty consistently the last few days.

And when we get back to $300 or $325, then we'll see shares being sold again (which at least for me provides good rationale for their concentration limit, and enables the ARK funds to "swing trade" TSLA quite effectively :)).

EDIT: @Curt Renz and I were writing at the same time.

Looks like Michigan is collecting sales tax upon titling the vehicle. And, if the transaction is done online and the vehicle is delivered in Michigan, there's not even another state who collected sales tax first.

Nope, Michigan only collects the difference between the sales tax you paid in the other state and MI's 6%.
Other Michiganders correct me on this, but delivered sales (not sure if those are even being done in MI) are still sold out of state. All documentation/ temp registration, and even discussions about price have to be with a non-Michigan based person/ store..

I haven't the blue blazes first notions of an idea what that word possibly could be; regardless, I love it as it's one of only a few English-language words with four consecutive vowels.

Outside of that, I'll bet it possesses no justifiable reasons for its existence.....
OT 2 : Along those lines, Swedish grammar rules that a comparison to the benefits of another fishery with, if you will pardon the diacritics, one on the West Coast (where I live) can end in a cluster of consonants: västkust-sk-t-s (6), or even better, one in Far East Russia: Irkutsk-sk-t-s. (7) :p
Enough morphemes to put anyone to sleep. :cool::rolleyes:

No it is not. Post calls with analysts & large institutional investors is completely common. No you can’t give material information but there is no way that a “high level bridge” is material.

Which is why diligent bulls like @schonelucht and @neroden were eager to learn about nuggets of information the DB analyst extracted from Tesla management ...

Seriously, the notion that no material non-public information is shared in such private calls is ridiculous: in equity finance everything is about having a small edge over other investors, and getting "clarification" from management can easily remove ambiguities or highlight low key remarks, which can be worth gold. Furthermore, to certain questions even "silence", "no comment" or a significant pause can carry information.

Nobody is saying that they are sharing huge pieces of material information with analysts, but they don't have to, "nuggets" are valuable enough ...

I disagree. Why do I have to D/L an app when I have a perfectly good browser and a web site designed to work well with it? Too much overhead in an app (IMHO) for a one time function.
Definitely shouldn't have to use an app, but I could see people wanting to have the app on their phone even without owning a Tesla product yet. I have a recent college graduate friend who is saving for a Model 3. "MTT" he calls it. "Months Till Tesla.". These types would love to be part of the Tesla club ahead of time I suspect. I can envision cool stuff it could do to keep non-owners stoked. I'm not saying this is a high priority software project, but nice to have.

• Informative
Reactions: Joe F
It takes about 15 hours to drive around the country nonstop. Low speed limit, but mountainous, snowy for a good chunk of the year, extreme wind storms, and spread out geographically.

Also, the occasional volcano eruption adding 100 mile detours? ;)

Iceland is on the way to become one of the first EV-majority countries, Supercharger redundancy is good.

Reactions: Lucky_Man