Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, nothing about the Nazis is funny....
Not a fan of Hogan's Heroes I take it?
i-know-nothing-rhbfpk.jpg

In my area of California the status car for young families is a Subaru wagon but it absolutely, positively, has to have a pod on its roof. I have commented to people I know that they should take the pod off when they are not using it. But no, the reaction is always "it looks cool" (meaning it is their identity). In my past experience such a pod or roof rack can waste 20% mpg. At Trader Joe's parking lot this morning which a few years ago was full of Prius', there was a serious number of these Subarus complete with roof rack and pods. I am confident the Model Y will take over this market of Subarus, especially as these young parents wise up to climate crisis there kids will inherit. But my point here is, Tesla, please be sure to allow for a roof rack, these folks need to hold onto their outdoorsy identity, seems like a small thing but here, no pod, no status.

About the stock. My memory of 6 years of TSLA is that if a Friday ends in the red, thanks to people pondering the stock price over the weekend, almost always rises on Monday.

Just picked up 200 more shares.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers. They need the pods.

• Funny
Reactions: gene
Honestly, I don't care at this moment in time about the quick image of the pickup.

We now have three vehicles revealed with no production, or production timing updates on the first two (roadster and semi).

I posted this elsewhere but this seems to be the main thread (20 pages a day)......So,

it was excellent to get a history lesson on Tesla but as each vehicle came onto the stage why not say...And we have produced '#' of the model S...etc. Then as you get to revealed, but not yet produced vehicles....say 'We will start production of the Roadster in fall of 2019, and the Semi in the summer of 2020'

I get the feeling from the teaser that the pickup will have a 'reveal' before any of the others 'revealed' will start production.

Last edited:
What is your point?
Your 195 is completely arbitrary and picked out of thin air.
With that said....
I also realize your average american household has 2 cars.
i also realize most drive WAY less than 120 miles per day.
I personally drive about 50km or less per day.
We tend to use our EV for city driving.
I personally would rather more usable storage with no sloped roof and take a degradation of range. Do you know gas cars have the same laws of physics apply to them as EV? all other things being equal...the lower the drag the better the gas mileage. hmmmm so why are most SUV's square on the back? yes range is important, but if you go check it out, and your dog cant stand, or only can if you put dog in first, then surround her by flat luggage, you aint buying. same go's for thicker objects. the honda CRV which is a five seater has MORE interior room. it remains to be seen if those rear seats will hold more than a kid.
My point is related to you using 195 in your justification that it was sufficient when you asked "Do you drive over 195 miles per day?".

My point is there are very real conditions where the range you would get is far less than that.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't care at this moment in time about the quick image of the pickup.

We now have three vehicles revealed with no production, or production timing updates on the first two (roadster and semi).

I posted this elsewhere but this seems to be the main thread (20 pages a day)......So,

it was excellent to get a history lesson on Tesla but as each vehicle came onto the stage why not say...And we have produced '#' of the model S...etc. Then as you get to revealed, but not yet produced vehicles....say 'We will start production of the Roadster in fall of 2019, and the Semi in the summer of 2020'

I get the feeling from the teaser that the pickup will have a 'reveal' before any of the others 'revealed' will start production.
I agree with you on this. It doesn't change anything. Tesla is not even close to production on Y, much less the pickup. I sold most of my shares today to lock in what I had.

Reactions: Smokey4141
That's $748m.

4xH2'18 cash from from operating activities is ~10,500m, i.e. over 90% of the cash earned, i.e. "almost entirely" all of it, can go towards growth.

But cash earned might further increase as Model 3 and other products ramp up and gets sold more globally, not just in North America, plus efficiencies increase.

I've thought about a few different ways to answer this, but in order not to get banned again, I'm just gonna go with this:

You seem to be assuming a LOT of cash there.......that I don't believe is gonna happen like you think it is...
But you have your opinion, I have mine... Both worth nothing, until it happens...

But yeah, $748M to be paid back this year, regardless of what else goes on... Seemed important to me, anyway...