Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Removing the wave will also be a big boon for Norway. The delivery service really can't handle 5000+ cars in one month here. The consensus seems to have been many were surprised how not sucky the delivery experience was, which is a bar slightly too low. And I'm finally 3 days later catching up on this thread :)

I've been wanting them to stop this for a long time, it's very positive if they do. It's just a one-quarter hit, then it evens-out. I'd like to stop with the end-of-quarter madness too - it makes the company look desperate every time. We need to build positive sentiment from here onwards.

OK, I caught the thread up, am not listening to the ER, that's for the morning.

I'm relieved to have this behind us. I expected 300-600 loss, so not surprised, revenue a bit low though, but given the poor deliveries and number of cars in transit, to be expected.

The only way is up! A lot of shorty-shorts probably looking to cover from here...

I don't understand why Tesla still is not starting car insurance business. This has been discussed many times in the past. With one accident every 2 million miles, the combined rate (payout: premium) could be as low as 30%. Most insurance businesses have combined rate of 98~110%. This would force other companies to reduce premium on Tesla cars, but they can't compete because Tesla knows the cars and drivers better, and Tesla can fix the cars in their own shops, real vertical integration. This would benefit car owners too. From insurance business alone, I estimate Tesla can earn $500 from each car per year. That's about $8k (with investment gain) on each car in 10 years, $8B profit from every 1 million cars.

It's great news Tesla is offering insurance. I would switch to Tesla Insurance. I will drive carefully to make sure they can take my money and keep it.

From a very long term view, Tesla could earn a total of 800B profit insuring 100 million Tesla vehicles, while also help Tesla car owners save money. I can't see how other companies can compete with Tesla in this business.

Very impressed by the stock price holding up so well. This is what all the shorts were waiting for. They might get frustrated now.

Now it’s just for Tesla to keep improving production and keep delivering on full self driving. Then demand will pick up.

(Yes, I think they are downplaying the demand problem. It’s not a gigantic problem, but I think they are struggling a bit to get demand for the price points they want at the moment.)