Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, but it was around 6:30 am pacific time zone on CNBC. They all had such hushed voices, it was almost comical.

Yeah, they are definitely trying to get an interview. I think the best he has done recently was with Lex Fridman. Turns out a friend of mine was one of Fridman's professors as an undergraduate and the friend is just about to buy a Tesla. I gave the friend a ride 2 weeks ago and he started doing research and now seems about ready to pick one up.

Q1 shows that Tesla is the top EV producer. It also shows unreal YoY growth. Yet all people agree Tesla screwed up. and I am sitting on lots of paper loss.

Why can't Elon control his mouth and give lower guidance, so that a win should feel like a win?

Looks like if he is capable of fully appreciate the risk he won't get into the business of building rockets or electric cars, making tons of enemies along the way. I guess that part of him must be very very strong, cause he's pretty much the only one who has done something that crazy. But I bet he is not the single smartest person on earth. Without his boldness we won't have Tesla or SpaceX. asking him to control that seems unattainable, unfortunately.

Those who hope 2-3 quarters of profit would means we are out of woods, I disagree. Other than the short narrative, Elon always has something up his sleeves. Several quarters of profit will embolden Elon even more to do something big yet again to put the cash reserve in danger.

We are in this for a really long time I guess.

edit: we probably don't need to go far to see this. After falcon 9 smooth sailing for a little bit, he almost terminated falcon heavy abruptly and wanted to go all in star ship, pissing off Shotwell. If spaceX were public that would generate tons of negative headline calling him unhinged, which I think is somewhat justified.

Last edited:
Only us bulls see q1 as atypical. Many other sees Q1 as confirmation that Q3 and Q4 are atypical. It would now take more than 2 quarter of profit for people to change their mind

Can't blame everyone seeing q3,q4 as atypical when you can only count the number of profitable quarters on one hand in Tesla's entire history. So profitability is an anomaly, which is literally the definition of atypical.

Interesting. Where have you read timing for the transaction?

The convert is rumoured at a 1.5%-2% coupon and 27.5%-32.5% conversion premium.

I really hope they do printed coupons.
I remember sitting around the fire on the last day of the quarter at my grandfather's house.
Merely clipping out the cupons so he could take them to his broker in the morning.
Good times.

Hmm, they are buying OTM call options together with the new equity raise.
Disruption Research on Twitter
Does this mean they have a future buyback at a fixed price above todays price already build in?

Yeah, Tesla will likely buy derivatives to prevent dilution between the c.$310 conversion price and something like $500-600.

Those who hope 2-3 quarters of profit would means we are out of woods, I disagree. Other than the short narrative, Elon always has something up his sleeves. Several quarters of profit will embolden Elon even more to do something big yet again to put the cash reserve in danger.

I think this is spot on and I think it is becoming more and more clear as Tesla starts to make real money.

Elon has said the Model 3 was the last bet the company challenge. It now sounds like autonomous driving is the new bet the company challenge.

Definitely the anti Steve Jobs thinking of hoarding piles of cash. Elon views money as a means to and end and nothing else.

Killer thread about Skabooshka's 146-page defense filing:

Groggy T. Bear on Twitter

Pretty hard to defend against trespass when you repeatedly post pictures of yourself trespassing ;)

It will be interesting if all this information will actually incriminate also his brother.

Btw, the genius idea to include a recent news paper in the photo could in part be because that front page includes the headline 'Holmes indicted' next to a photo of Elizabeth Holmes.

"Maybe it will be like some kind of vodoo, so also Musk gets indicted".

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger