Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a good table of Tesla covertibles https://ir.tesla.com/static-files/6db4f56e-1532-4cd6-b8dc-3ffbffe35e26

upload_2019-5-3_1-34-56.png

Since I’ve heard this mentioned many times - maxwell holders are not holding out for a better deal. That’s in no way true and would be suicidal as maxwell was a 3 dollar stock before Tesla and just printed an almost comedically bad quarter. Holders don’t tender until the proxy becomes effective because if you do you are locked up and can’t sell the stock in case anything happens. If the SEC declares the maxwell proxy effective then every institutional holder in maxwell will tender immediately (actually technically they will wait till the last day of the tender deadline period then tender so as to minimize the period during which they are locked up).

The maxwell deal is only waiting on proxy effectiveness - but it is effectively done. No need to worry about Tesla not getting maxwell.

i went through the process to inquire last year when i got my 3

uggh i’ve unsubscribed repeatedly to liberty mutuals spam to no avail.

i don’t care if they pay me to take their insurance, i’ll NEVER sign up with them on that principle alone

(i’m about 1774 yearly for 3p for comparison w/ nationwide, but i also have another vehicle under that, and dunno your model)

Hard to complain about your current rates! My current coverage is 500k across the board, 3 vehicles a S P100DL, a MR M3 and a BMW. $500 deductible, glass, $75 daily car rental, no roadside.

Reactions: Boomer19
it's great that they re-iterated the delivery target.
I don't know, maybe it is necessary to hype up things to attract new investment. But I don't believe they can get there in 3 years.

on the other hand, several dozen top notch software developers with cloud computing and ATT wireless charges are lots of money but insignificant to Tesla's bottom line, so I have no problem with him all in.

Products that will overtake Model 3/S/X's revenue combined

1. Model Y
2. Solar Roof
3. Semi
I agree about the Model Y and the Semi, but I was a little taken aback by Elon making the following statement in the Q1 earnings call:
And then the Solar Roof tile, we're on Version 3 of the design. That necessarily takes a while to scale up, because we have to be confident that the Solar Roof is going to last for -- on the order of 30 years.
Back in 2016 or so, I clearly remember Elon making the claim that the Solar Roof would last the lifetime of the house. That's a significantly better value proposition than 30 years! A regular, cheap composite roof should be able to last for 30+ years, and it can be walked on and modified over the years as needed.

Further, solar cell technology continues to improve. In 20 years, if we can substantially increase our solar generation by replacing existing panels with newer ones, it'd be a lot easier to do so with standard solar panels.

I think the Solar Roof is going to be a nice niche product for high end homes. Personally, I love the look of slate tile, and installing a slate-style Solar Roof could be the ticket for some. But I can't see us considering a Solar Roof or recommending it to most people unless and until the costs come way, way down.

On the other hand, I'm very happy to see Tesla's new, lower pricing and simpler options on residential solar arrays! Whether this generates significant profit or not, it's the direction that the solar industry needs to move in. I also think that maintaining visibility in the solar and storage business, in addition to EVs, helps Tesla to have a great marketing story (generate, store, and use sustainable energy) that's central to the company's mission. With Tesla's lower prices on panels, though, it's even harder to justify the expense of a Solar Roof.

I mean c'mon guys. No comments on this??? I know there are doubters, including me, as Musk has been full of it on FSD before. But he is so confident in FSD coming soon now that he is either:

1. completely lost all common sense and is highly delusional and off the rails, or
  2. he has enough direct evidence of their current FSD capabilities the ensure these statements are true beyond a doubt within a reasonable time frame to what he is stating.

This is regarding using both Mobileye and Nvidia's chips together in HW2 in late 2016. This would have made complete sense. Mobileye's hardware with Mobileye's vision output + Nvidia's hardware with Tesla's Vision output + Tesla's driving policy. This would have been a much smoother transition and Mobileye's system could have been used to train Tesla vision.
But it would make no sense for Tesla to have ever considered using Mobileye in HW3 with Tesla's own neural net chip.

Wait, this discussion was about MobileEye in HW*3*? Ok, ya, no, that would be dumb.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
No, it is not the same.

As reported here on Saturday, a Tesla employee in the Munich Tesla Store told me that the Model 3 could have a tow bar retrofitted after delivery, by Tesla, that it would be in the official registration papers (and that the modification to the vehicle would be simple).
Ok, let me rephrase then :

Maybe another customer somewhere around the globe almost harassed to different Tesla store and, in despair, told them that he heard that a customer in Munich had been promised a Tesla tow bar :confused:.

Maybe he was very insistent and somebody in the so called other places in the world called Munich to tell the vendor that he was not supposed to talk about the tow bar.:oops:

I hope this story is totally fictional.

I mean c'mon guys. No comments on this??? I know there are doubters, including me, as Musk has been full of it on FSD before. But he is so confident in FSD coming soon now that he is either:

1. completely lost all common sense and is highly delusional and off the rails, or
  2. he has enough direct evidence of their current FSD capabilities the ensure these statements are true beyond a doubt within a reasonable time frame to what he is stating.

We would have more faith if EAP were perfect on highways right now. EAP is still so far from perfect that it's hard to believe that FSD will come in a year. Elon has consistently been wrong about autopilot timelines in the past.

Um. That link doesn’t seem to go anywhere..

Reactions: Boomer19
Since I’ve heard this mentioned many times - maxwell holders are not holding out for a better deal. That’s in no way true and would be suicidal as maxwell was a 3 dollar stock before Tesla and just printed an almost comedically bad quarter. Holders don’t tender until the proxy becomes effective because if you do you are locked up and can’t sell the stock in case anything happens. If the SEC declares the maxwell proxy effective then every institutional holder in maxwell will tender immediately (actually technically they will wait till the last day of the tender deadline period then tender so as to minimize the period during which they are locked up).

The maxwell deal is only waiting on proxy effectiveness - but it is effectively done. No need to worry about Tesla not getting maxwell.

don’t know details of proxy or if the proxy vote was pushed forward with each tender extension.

but you’re right about nobody tendering until deadline. no incentive to tender early. why lock up shrs. and w/d tendered shares takes valuable time

• Informative
Reactions: imherkimer