Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This stock price is absolutely totally and utterly insane. Compared to the market cap of uber / lyft... tesla stock is totally insane. The stock market is a heavy manipulated joke right now.

No.
What is insane is still expecting TSLA to mirror current Tesla performance after 5 years of it not doing so.
TSLA has become a non-performer, there is no money to be made with this stock anymore, it is hijacked by forces that are clearly and evidently much stronger than market optimism.
They can and do nullify any and all good developments. They have been doing that for last 5 years with 100% success.
Why would anyone buy and hold TSLA today? If anything the last 5 years clearly shows it is not going anywhere.
There are no catalysts that can change the narrative anymore.

Except maybe leaving the dancing floor called NYSE/NASDAQ once and for all.

You have zero understanding of software development and your statements in this and your last post show that.

You also act like you have "sources" who told you things. Sure you do. You are here for one reason only, to make people doubt and sell Tesla.

Now study up and learn something about software business OK boy? Off to ignore you go.
You can't apply the lessons of the Mythical Man-Month in a vacuum, however. Project scope still exists.

You don't want more people than necessary... attempting to blindly throw human resources at a software problem with the idea that schedule will decrease commensurately is indeed folly.

However that required amount of people is going to be different for a small iPhone app than it is going to be for an operating system.

This is especially true if, as it was alleged, there are multiple parallel projects (UI, corp website, etc...), each that can have their own small project team while the aggregate number of coders increases.

homer.gif

No.
What is insane is still expecting TSLA to mirror current Tesla performance after 5 years of it not doing so.
TSLA has become a non-performer, there is no money to be made with this stock anymore, it is hijacked by forces that are clearly and evidently much stronger than market optimism.
They can and do nullify any and all good developments. They have been doing that for last 5 years with 100% success.
Why would anyone buy and hold TSLA today? If anything the last 5 years clearly shows it is not going anywhere.

The Pessimism is strong with this one!

I would say this is all the result of how the company as a whole is perceived, in terms of its ability to manufacture cars with high-quality fit and finish and at a profit, deliver them and service them in a timely manner. There's a lot of FUD everywhere, but it will all start dying down once most people either know someone who owns a Tesla or owns one themselves. It's like saying that the current gen. of iPhones die within one month and are too slow... nobody believes that because of personal experience. It may take another year at most, but the tide is turning.

Tesla has to overcome both the macro picture plus its own short term issues.
Delivering 90, 000 to 100,000, their guidance for qtr 2 is crucial to ignite a turn around.
Making their own factory in China should alleviate the tariff issue for Tesla or at least blunt its effect.
Delivering per their own guidance would be another positive, as the market believes they cannot meet their guidance.
Oil tankers being sabotaged in Saudi, should on perception only raise oil prices.
War mongering with Iran, in the past has moved the market to price oil higher.

From my own experience, once gas got to $5 per gallon in SoCal, the commuter train filled up very quickly...

No.

Well yes, but nothing some good fundamentals wont sort out

Tesla needs to have a few quarters of steady profits and sales increases. All of a sudden TSLA will look like the bargain it is. The market doesn't believe Elon's incredible predictions anymore.

To be honest, the Model 3 reservation counter didn't help. Where are all those 400,000 reservations? Well, they were based on consumers making a decision about a $35,000 vehicle. While that almost arrived in the US, the cheapest Tesla in Europe is still around $55,000 (the short range version). I know that is because of European taxes, but that was not made explicit in all the positive headlines 3 years ago and I know a number of people here in Spain who have cancelled their reservation, they simply cannot afford to pay any more.

I still think Tesla is going to rule the world eventually, and I am sure Elon thought we would be looking at a $100bn + valuation by now which would make the financing of new projects much easier. Although I am disappointed (and worried about demand), I am not selling any stock, and if I can free up any more cash, I do want to buy some more (although I am starting to doubt myself)

Delivering 90, 000 to 100,000, their guidance for qtr 2 is crucial to ignite a turn around.

Delusion.
Missing the guidance, missing the expectations, demand worries etc is just nonsense to feed the blind.

"SP shall not pass".
If it does, too many billionaires will stop being billionaires. The world as it is cannot allow for that.
You may call that pessimism, it changes nothing.

There's a lot of FUD everywhere, but it will all start dying down
No, it won't. The FUD will only get even louder and stronger.

This is not about the Tesla, it is about the world and humanity.
Which might not deserve to survive.

No.

I saw Apple and amazon get destroyed and then resurface to become the largest .
Never say never

This is not TSLA. The entire market is tanking due to Trump's tariffs. It unfortunately came at a really bad time right after TSLA's cap raise and it was starting to recover. AAPL is down 5.5% right now too.
A "really bad time" would have been before the cap raise...
The "dance floor" just provided 2.3 billion of capital that Tesla needs to grow.

I saw Apple and amazon get destroyed and then resurface to become the largest .
Never say never
I'm not saying never, I'm saying TSLA and Tesla are not connected anymore.
Thus expecting that Tesla performance will somehow influence TSLA is pure BS.

TSLA will skyrocket when powers that be decide it is time and good for them.

It’s not yet clear whether the China import tariffs impact tesla.
In the past they jacked them up to 40% I think.
If not , I would up the chances of Tesla meeting their delivery
Goals this quarter.

And I also wonder psychologically if it has an effect on Chinese customers.
China is a very centralized country, and the government influences everything. If the Chinese government start to cast a bad light on US products, I wonder if it can affect the choice of Chinese to buy a Tesla

• Helpful
Reactions: Drax7