Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So on the stock price, it's really quite simple. Short-term big money is basically saying "show me the money". Tesla's future looks really, really bright. But only a few of the big money players (e.g. Ark Invest) can see that far into the future. (And apparently a LOT of small retail investors can see that far into the future).

Price will go back up when Tesla starts delivering (literally and figuratively). It will happen. I strongly recommend just holding tight and don't worry about the price for now. I know that's a long term view (and I am technically a long that just watches this thread for fun), but the fact of the matter is that TSLA is at a point right now where IMHO short-term plays are a bad idea. Go long, baby. Go long.

0C508178-B8E9-4872-907F-22DEFA961381.png

What a sad clickbait article. Do not waste your time reading this. FWIWo_O

Btw. Huge buy volume bar just showed up on my trade app.

The market has all ready priced in super high per gallon gas prices and elevated price per barrel for TSLA...

The Market might have but consumers have not. They will look for options as soon as that gas price starts to bite, which is every time they fill up. They see that thing go from $40 to $50 to $70 a tank, they start to get annoyed and look for alternatives.

I'm just a little surprised that there are that many 75Ds still around, since Tesla stopped taking orders on them 4 months ago.

There are tons. Around me, last I checked, they had like 30 available still in online inventory, which had all been there for a long time. They’re a tough sell compared to the newer SR’s.

Not ideal, obviously, but a temporary problem(and probably mostly accounted for in Q1)

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Scott Wapner on CNBC: "NTSB investigation, it says the Autopilot was on, Driver died, stock is down."

Omits that driver didn't have hands on the wheel or make any efforts to avoid the crash (which are also in that same report, right after "Autopilot was on.")

Omits that most (maybe all, not sure) Autopilot investigations result in driver being at fault.

SMH

And after that, CNBC’s Mike Santoli once again “moderated a debate” between two Tesla bears involving no one else.

CNBC – this afternoon: Tesla stock could fall lower, says portfolio manager

They should. They purchased a money losing business. They need to put out a statement ASAP. Markets don’t know why Tesla acquired Maxwell, maybe Elon really likes Maxwell House coffee so he mistakenly bought the battery company? Market doesn’t really know.

Tesla press release: You're ****ed!

There are tons. Around me, last I checked, they had like 30 available still in online inventory, which had all been there for a long time. They’re a tough sell compared to the newer SR’s.

Not ideal, obviously, but a temporary problem(and probably mostly accounted for in Q1)

Just make these loaners, 2 times I had tesla pay to rent me a merc when I left my car with them overnight. It doesn’t take much to run a few numbers and see the benefits.

I don't think that's accurate: Maxwell management sought a buyout (because they were running out of money and couldn't attract new investors apparently) and approved Tesla's buyout offer, and they tendered their shares early on.

I'm sure they were hoping for a bidding war - and I think Tesla made a really good deal if Maxwell patented key aspects of their breakthrough no-solvents manufacturing technologies.

But this wasn't a hostile takeover - Tesla was the white knight here.

BTW., while obviously Maxwell's new technologies haven't been fully productized yet, and in that sense Tesla has now risked ~$200m on the assumption that it can be turned into a real manufacturing method, I am very optimistic about this purchase and was holding my breath that none of the other li-ion manufacturers and carmakers wise up to Maxwell's true value and start a bidding war. ;)

Maxwell is a really good match for Tesla, IMHO.

And a big THANK YOU to FCA for paying for Maxwell! How generous of them...

As soon as my 100 MXWL shares get converted to ~2 more Tesla shares, I’ll give Elon the green light to start the short squeeze. Thanks for your patience everyone.

Sadly, that will only be 1 share plus cash.

In all fairness, his hands weren’t detected on the wheel for ~8 seconds before the crash. As I’m sure you know, hands not being detected doesn’t mean they weren’t there.

True, but it does mean that even if the hands were on the wheel, the hands did not turn the wheel.

yes, thanks for clarification. i’m so used to seeing a takeover happen this way...some are hostile, some are not.
the key is that this structure (as you pointed out) opens up the door to a competitive offer, which mxwl probably hoped for, and didn’t really get.

point is, not every tender takeover is hostile.
...like not all big grey things are elephants ;)

Perhaps only Tesla has the means and the vision to comprehend what Maxwell offered...

Last edited:
Exactly. Discounts on inventory pre-Raven cars.

I got an email here in Belgium with some "good deals on inventory" blah blah blah... would be very tempting if I didn't already have an XP100DL which massively devalued with the recent price-cuts. As I intend to keep it another 4+ years it's not an issue, but had the terms been better I may have upgraded to a newer car.

It's not eliminating. You just have to buy a $35 adapter that's no longer included if you want to use 14-50.

NEMA 14-50 adapter no longer included with vehicles

However, looking at https://www.getneocharge.com/products
who obviously intend to simplify EV charging (and remove electricians from the equation) based on re-using your dryer circuit, they convert 10-30 or 14-30 to 14-50 (which is a questionable move) and this seems targeting Tesla cars (and included adapter :) ).
They tell you to limit the power draw from the car and until you do that, the charging won't work (b/c the car thinks your circuit has the capacity of the adapter and tries to draw as much), so they block charging in their splitter.

Anyway, just a fun fact - seems this company that's in the process of ramping up has done some planning/designing based on this adapter and now it's gone.:)

There's still a custom option there, so you can order 14-30 -> 2 x 14-30, which makes more sense from electrical standpoint.
Seems like a more polished (assuming the graphic looks anything like the device, there's no detail there that I can see) and expensive version of the Dryer Buddy

• Informative
Reactions: AZRI11 and neroden
You have to sue FDA they gave the approval as safe. But fact is that LiDAR wavelength can damage your eyes permanently. Chances are not big that it will happen, but it can happen.

eg. rotating mechanism gets stuck after accident and you are looking at it or multiple lidars are shooting in to your eye from several cars.
A single LIDAR spinning past you is safe.

Dozens or hundreds of them will exceed that, never mind a LIDAR that is stuck in one position for some reason.

They're also unsafe for digital cameras, and many operating in one place can blind cameras... which means blinding even LIDAR vehicles since they also need cameras.