Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sorry if this was already posted, but the preliminary NTSB report

Highway Preliminary Report: HWY19FH008

So the semi was cutting across the highway and the driver did not see the semi and hit the trailer, shearing the roof off as it underrode the semi and killing the driver.

The question I have is how many times do non-Tesla vehicles collide with semi tractor-trailors performing this maneuver? And how many of those make national news? And how many manufacturer stocks plummet?

I get your point, but the stock is down because Elon sent an internal email that said the company would run out of money in 10 months after raising $2.7B. Which is an odd thing to say if you intend to deliver 400k cars this year. Seems to have spooked the market.

In terms of the crash. Its clearly a case of distracted driving or suicide, but really is there a difference? AP can be forgiving when it comes to distracted driving, but when it comes to take its share it is very unforgiving. I am sure there have been other cases of distracted drivers going under a semi, its a very dangerous act and Darwin always wins that battle sooner or later.

Waiting for the Jim Chanos segment on CNBC to appear any minute now. /s kind of not really.

The sentiment on this forum went from bad to worse. Nothing fundamentally has changed except your realization of your true risk tolerance

OH for those who care. Set up a quick Podcast bear with me as I've been super busy lately. Going to do Episode 2 shortly.

I get your point, but the stock is down because Elon sent an internal email that said the company would run out of money in 10 months after raising $2.7B. Which is an odd thing to say if you intend to deliver 400k cars this year. Seems to have spooked the market

Correction: it’s down because his email was misquoted as saying that.

Yeesh. I wouldn't use one like that, you're asking to (hopefully) trip breakers (instead of burn down the house) if the car decides to charge in the middle of doing something with an appliance on the other half of the split. The point of things like Dryer Buddy is to automatically disconnect the car if the appliance is in use, so you don't have to worry about it.

Yeah, not saying it is an ideal solution, but scheduled charging is helpful to mitigate possible overloads. But in any case a range circuit is designed to handle all 4 burners and an oven running. I live with my wife and my typical cooking pattern is one burner at a time. A typical burner is somewhere between 1200-3000 watts so 5-12.5 amps give or take. So even using a large burner and charging full rate (32A) gets you to 44.5 amps, which isn't great since you would prefer to draw 40A total over an extended time, but still OK. A range will pull about 45 watts with all burners + oven broiling so well within usable amperage.

The dryer buddy is nice solution but at that point just pay an electrician to install a separate circuit already! You could also use a manual transfer switch and wire something up which is what I initially looked at doing but again it gets a bit expensive.

All that said it is a short term solution for me since I am having trouble getting any of my electrician buddies over to do the work and I want to remodel the kitchen at some point anyway and will probably go to gas then (freeing up the circuit), although induction looks interesting also.

I get your point, but the stock is down because Elon sent an internal email that said the company would run out of money in 10 months after raising $2.7B. Which is an odd thing to say if you intend to deliver 400k cars this year. Seems to have spooked the market.

In terms of the crash. Its clearly a case of distracted driving or suicide, but really is there a difference? AP can be forgiving when it comes to distracted driving, but when it comes to take its share it is very unforgiving. I am sure there have been other cases of distracted drivers going under a semi, its a very dangerous act and Darwin always wins that battle sooner or later.
What about a medical issue/heart attack?