Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah it does. He wants to raise cash with minimal dilution. Of course it matters. It doesn’t seem like the company has a clear path to profitability

The path to auto sales profitability is very clear: Sell more cars.
If current demand for Fremont production is not enough to get there (which it should be), then Chinese demand for the significantly cheaper tariff free GF3 cars almost certainly will be.
Then there is additional sales from Model Y and Semi next year.
This is all just new gross profit plugged into the current fixed cost base, applying their current technology to reach new demand from new product segments.
The exact month they get to sustained profitability is unclear, but the path to get there is extremely clear.

Back in at $202.80!

Last year when I got out to use the funds for my Model 3 I would have never dreamed I would have this big of an opportunity to get back in. This time it's for the LONG haul. I'll visit this again in a couple of years...probably more like 5.

Now to turn off all the negative FUD print and judging from most posts today, it looks like that might have to include this forum.

Dan

Last edited:
Looking back at the day when that ill-fated tweet was made.
Screenshot_2019-05-20-22-02-30-959_com.android.chrome.jpg

I got bounced out of 2 margin trades... bah... Definitely lost quite badly there.
But the good news is I still have about 1,000 long term shares I'll hold until I die, plus my final margin trade is now sufficiently backed up that its unlikely to ever get bounced.
So I can ignore the share price now and just watch what should be an interesting climb over the next 12 months.