Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not much dry powder (pretty much all-time (7 year) high re shares held currently), so, bought some calls for the first time in a decade. 5 Jan '21 $250 contracts for $37.50.

bought another 5 contracts, $240s this time, at $40.

can't say we're through with this episode, but, think in time, it will be fondly among the most well remembered Tesla weeks.

Neal Boudete from the NYT and Russ Mitchell from LAT behave as if they are a wholly owned subsidiary of TSLA trolls on twitter.

You just have to peruse their twitter feed (link in the names above) to realise that @tinm is living in la la land. They don't even bother to hide the fact that they are anti Tesla.

EDIT: Russ Mitchell has blocked me on twitter :rolleyes:

Nah I live in New Mexico and I read their tweets regularly and they do have pretty hardened, negative, perma-skeptic views on Tesla. They follow many of the noisiest TSLAQ perps. Neither of them got that way because Tesla refuses to advertise in their respective publications, though.

Tesla shares fall after analyst says Elon Musk distracting carmaker with 'sci-fi projects'

Tesla is "expanding into insurance, robotaxis, and other sci-fi projects/endeavors when the company instead should be laser focused on shoring up core demand for Model 3," Wedbush says.

(Presumably cheaper) insurance and robotaxis are efforts to drive demand. I have no idea what other "sci-fi" projects he's referring to

"Tesla is facing a quagmire as the company is in the midst of building out its next flagship factory in Shanghai with Giga 3, in the early stages of tooling/blueprinting its next Model Y for production slated for 2020, and ramping production of its mid-range and base Model 3 in the US, all while facing a growing cash crunch and high expense structure issue," Ives added.

Giga3 and Y are all about growth. Why would they be ramping production if demand is such a problem? Growing cash crunch? They just raised $2.7B, are getting $2B from FCA, plus another $2.2B in cash already in the bank. And just last week a memo leaked that they are focusing on bringing down expenses that analysts like this guy also ripped on.

It's amazing anyone listens to analysts like this when making trade decisions. They are completely clueless and just spout whatever talking points drive their agenda, either personal or for the firm itself.

Last edited:
How are you going to explain all these trading losses to your wives?

That is the main source of my stress! She is breathing down my neck because I keep having to transfer more money into my account to avoid a Margin Call. She asks if I'm going to hold to 0?!? She doesn't understand this is not Sears. TSLA is growing at a ridiculous rate and therefore the stock price has to bounce if the growth continues (and there is NO reason to think it won't).

It's cheaper to sell to an EV educated person than a noob. Less support required and on delivery there's no education phase.

Incidentally, this is another reason to not advertise. The person who has found Tesla, as opposed to the person whom Tesla have found, has done their homework. They know what to expect.
Honestly, dumb people are unlikely to understand the benefits. It's so easy to think "huuuurr, it's gonna take longer on my road trip than gas will" while ignoring the countless hours spent every year fueling up and doing ICE maintenance like oil changes. Not to mention opportunity cost of fuel. Someone who makes $40 an hour should be able to do the math on the 1k gas savings they will see a year and balance that against the extra road trip charging time. Emphasis on SHOULD be able to.

At this point, it's all execution.

Tesla is "expanding into insurance, robotaxis, and other sci-fi projects/endeavors when the company instead should be laser focused on shoring up core demand for Model 3," Wedbush says.

(Presumably cheaper) insurance and robotaxis are efforts to drive demand. I have no idea what other "sci-fi" projects he's referring to

"Tesla is facing a quagmire as the company is in the midst of building out its next flagship factory in Shanghai with Giga 3, in the early stages of tooling/blueprinting its next Model Y for production slated for 2020, and ramping production of its mid-range and base Model 3 in the US, all while facing a growing cash crunch and high expense structure issue," Ives added.

Giga3 and Y are all about growth. Why would they be ramping production if demand is such a problem? Growing cash crunch? They just raised $2.7B, are getting $2B from FCA, plus another $2.2B in cash already in the bank.

It's amazing anyone listens to analysts like this when making trade decisions. They are completely clueless and just spout whatever talking points drive their agenda, either personal or for the firm itself.

The only reason I think this might be a valid critique is because of Elon himself. I can't see insurance being that big of a drain on Tesla's resources, but it's not like Elon seems willing/able to really delegate. Is his time being spread too thinly?

Purgatory comes to mind, the final grueling hardship before your admitted into heaven. There's apparently three things Catholics believe about purgatory.
  • That there exists a place of final purification.
  • That the process involves pain.
  • That the prayers of those on Earth can ease that pain.
I'll tweet that funny hat Francis guy about our pain if it gets worse than this. We'll see. He did tweet something the other day that made me think of Tesla and Elon vs shorters and naysayers.
Screenshot_Twitter_20190517-235525.png

Ps. Funny hat competition. Francis vs Kimbal
tip_ny_0609_01.jpg Kimbal-Musk-Net-Worth.jpg

At this point, the most bullish indicator is the level of short interest. Even Chanos and Einhorn will make a cost/benefit analysis at some point and begin to cover. Most of the rest of the shorts will be committed to protecting their profits and begin to cover once TSLA becomes oversold. What that point is, is of course the $64,000 question. I can't imagine it falls below $180, but truth be told, I felt that way at $231 and $210, so my crystal ball is no better than anyone else's.

I just know that eventually, there will be buyers for almost 40,000,000 shares of stock. I can't believe there are an equal number of sellers at least until we get back to $243.

On that subject, remember my "bull trap" question? Thanks, MS, et al. Glad you made hundreds of millions of dollars in fees while oversubscribing the stock issue and dumping the shares on your loyal clients. But that's a topic for another day.

The only relief to all the uncertainty and fear and RAW emotions is to SELL SELL SELL. Your nerves will be instantly better and your sleep patterns to be restored.

What Is a Falling Knife?

How are you going to explain all these trading losses to your wives?

JFYI, let's just document how this 'nursebee' concern-troll, after putting up months of a charade of being 'concerned', decided to burn this years old TMC account forever with a final, blatant round of fear-mongering. I.e. probably even the shorts think these price levels are ridiculously low and won't hold for long.

"Birds" and bees of the same feather flock together, it appears. ;)