Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does Adam Jonas sounds now? Just yesterday he was suggesting 70k. He is off by 30% within just one quarter, and then he is forecasting 5 year scenarios. Good job Adam, I hope you never work for me.

Meh, what's a >$1B Q2 revenue difference between friends....

Jumped!

So email confirmed?

I see no jump. But it's looking increasingly likely that it's legit. Lots of people (with histories) reporting confirmation, none reporting denial.

ED: Okay, now Yahoo is catching up ;)

I
Direct subsidies are being phased out for BEVs.

China is introducing CARB type regulatory credits though.

It remains to be seen how much those credits are worth.
The EV incentive is not as important as restrictions to ICEs. Almost all big cities in China there's some kind of restrictions for driving an ICE and it gets progressively worse when air quality deteriorate. Winter in Beijing, it's pretty unpredictable whether you can use your car or not.

OK, I have mobilized funds for an additional 300 shares. That email would be great if true, but this stock is acting as if TSLA is going bankrupt in the next few months, which I know is not possible as they have funds for at least two years assuming 1Q 'debacle' is repeated for next eight quarters - which will just not happen. I think the reality on the ground is much different from what we are being fed by WS. Anecdotal I know, but I see Teslas everywhere now. I live in Queens and I know I had the first Tesla in my neighborhood. No one else knows that now. They just have to make sure that they are making money on every car they sell, and I do believe they are at current production levels, before China has done anything at all.

I do not know if we will hit 90K this Q. I do not care. I just want to see continued ramps in production and revenues yoy. How a fifty percent growth rate in the car industry can be dismissed so easily is testimony to the ability of the Lords in charge to frame the message.

This said I am being greedy and trying to buy at prices in the lows 180s to high 170s. Hey why not. Worst case it spikes away from me and... well damn just bought some the other day at 200 lol. Goes down another ten percent going to buy another 300 shares.

Wish I had just held onto the shares I accumulated in the low 30s yeas ago. But I had never been that early on a stock that moved like TSLA did. I really believed that selling on the way up and closing out after it tripled was a sound financial move. Believed I would be able to load up again at lower prices...well that didn't work out too well. Didn't really think about where to go from there to be honest, as I love the company and the products where the hell else would I put my money?...eh I am rambling.

Biggest question I have for the future: I believe that they have acquired the battery technology to start ramping up their energy densities in their batteries, to perhaps twice what they are now, decreasing their cost per kWh by over 50% (another total dismissal by WS). I do not think they should be more than a year away from beginning production. How do you introduce these batteries? You cannot just flip a switch and make all the 2170s into the new design. How do you transition without suffering all sorts of Osbourne effects? Anyone in the know will want the new batteries.

Perhaps this is why Tesla has totally moved away from talking about battery capacity and simply talking about range. Maybe they will just announce longer and longer ranges. Or maybe put the new batteries in only the S and X to start and create incredible demand for their flagship models with comfortable 600 mile ranges? This would be a great differentiation that currently has become muddled considering how great the 3 is. No reason to believe that the Y will not be a fantastic value as well. Put the new batteries in the S and X only in the beginning, at premium prices. That might work out really well.

Sorry for the long post.

How does Adam Jonas sounds now? Just yesterday he was suggesting 70k. He is off by 30% within just one quarter, and then he is forecasting 5 year scenarios. Good job Adam, I hope you never work for me.

To be frank, he did say a year ago that "TSLA will go to $200 before reaching $400". He said that about 2018, but I think we might be in this $200 phase now. Can't find the exact quote.

Reactions: bdy0627
How do you transition without suffering all sorts of Osbourne effects?

You could quietly transition to higher-density packs that have fewer cells to keep the range the same (so maybe the old MR cell count is good for LR, the old originally planned SR cell count is good for MR), and then once the whole line is switched over, bring out XR variants with the original LR cell count.

However, Tesla's rather leaky, so good luck keeping that quiet...

:rolleyes:No idea if this can hold for a month until q2 numbers officially out.
What else can we expect short term now?

More leaked internal emails. Direction depending on whether Elon is feeling like crashing or boosting the stock price.
(I'm joking. Really it will just depend on how stupid Elon is with his choice of language and whether anyone else reviews Elon's email and gives effective feedback.)