Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But, never do they go up, down, up, down, this often in a given year.

Yeah they do. In fact, the price changes every single day and it’s different at every single dealership for pretty much every single car. And, you can have two people buying the same car, at the same time, with the exact same options and have them paying two different prices entirely based on the customers’ negotiating skills and the salesmen’s negotiating skills/desperation to make a sale that day.

You just don’t think about it that way or at all because it’s not in your face. Where Tesla customers all pay the same for a new car on a given day, that can not be said of other OEM customers.

Yeah they do. In fact, the price changes every single day and it’s different at every single dealership for pretty much every single car. And, you can have two people buying the same car, at the same time, with the exact same options and have them paying two different prices entirely based on the customers’ negotiating skills and the salesmen’s negotiating skills/desperation to make a sale that day.

You just don’t think about it that way or at all because it’s not in your face. Where Tesla customers all pay the same for a new car on a given day, that can not be said of other OEM customers.
It happens on-line, too. Remember these?
268D4BD8-0D4E-4F44-A989-63FE05EDAD42.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
Here’s the email from Elon:

So based on the email we are within striking distance of beating on Model 3 deliveries. This should put the demand theory to rest and ease up some concerns that investors may have. Throughout the years of investing in TSLA, the demand theory has been floated since 2012. Let me tell you this, shorts have been wrong on demand for a very long time.

this could be a potential indicator that it isn't real, am i wrong? when i would be a large institutional investor looking to sell a large portion of my holding i could consider spreading false information first to have more buyers...
It is unlikely. I've never seen something with this much confirmation end up fake. Also now seen in two different formats.

It is unlikely. I've never seen something with this much confirmation end up fake. Also now seen in two different formats.

what is the other format?

Edit: Is there any solid very credible confirmation?
As i understand it someone postet that in a forum and other users "confirmed" it. Also some user who supposedly worked for tesla no proof at all. For a big seller coming up with a little scheme like that could make a difference in the tens of millions...