Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The FUD, is not fooling young investors.
Young investors don’t have huge sums to invest. Many of these holdings would be in tens of shares.

Easiest possible explanation: these robinhood youngsters buy 20-50-100 shares in hope that stock will eventually pay for their model 3 or Y in couple of years or so. They probably won't use leverage and or course they don't set stoploss. This robintrack chart is the biggest headache now for shorties, as despite they somehow drove institutions to exit with SEC lawsuit nightmare, they still can't figure out the way to force robinhood crowd to sell: retail is buying this dip like crazy.

Another thing to consider: right now old smart shorts are exiting but to cover they need to buy stock. But they only can buy from a) covering frustrated longs b) newbie shorts who are brave and stupid enough to short at these levels. Hence the constant need to maintain exceptionally high, almost hysterical level of FUD and bearish propaganda.

It really begins to smell like Feb 2016 now. This setup has the potential to explode up to new ATH

I'm feeling like buying late today will be good timing. Friday's always seem to have an extra dip.

Americans Still Have 2 Very Big Concerns About Electric Vehicles

TLDR version, lack of charging stations is the #1 concern, and #2 is higher initial price. Charging stations is a psychological issue. People think that they take so many long trips, but most do not. The price concern is just pure stupidity. OK, so your EV costs 10% more right away than an equivalent ICE...almost everyone finances their vehicles. So that extra cost is spread out over your 5 year loan....just like the big gas/maintenance savings are. I guess you could combat that with detailed charts/ads that break the numbers down mickey mouse style.

This should be easy to explain but Tesla doesn't advertise, nor do I think they should while demand > supply. It's simple really. Your car payment goes up $200/mo but your gas cost goes down $300/mo and your electric bill goes up $100/mo. But you get a sexy AF Tesla model 3 with <5sec 0-60 and nearly zero maintenance and free AP instead of a Camry, which is not as good a car as they used to be. The more you drive the more you save, at 20k miles a year you save $500/mo soon gas for $150 in electricity. Just add solar for more savings.

I think we are still paying for the Q1 miss. Institutional investors had to revise downward their estimates for every future quarter. They don't believe Elon's projections, and how can anyone blame them. I think it will take a quarter or two before institutional jumps back in heavy.
Let's face it, Wall St does not think he'll hit 360k deliveries this year.
I think analysts were frankly shocked at how terrible Q1 was, and I think some of them were quite angry at Tesla about it. I think they also viewed autonomy day as a diversion from earnings and a massage for a capital raise. There were comments about Tesla not being transparent about the $200M in credits that were used to bump GM. Jonas discussed that in his call to investors. Jonas clearly seems to have taken things to a personal level, basically doing everything he can to decimate the stock. The investor call showed just how serious he is about pushing TSLA down. Bullish analyst Ives appears to have been blindsided by how terrible the quarter was. His downgrade was devastating for the stock. I honestly don't know if Tesla could have done any worse in Q1 if we asked them to really f*ck it up. Same thing with their moves from January through April with all of the crazy price drops and such. What a chaotic mess, especially after the incredible Q3 and Q4, which we now know came very much at the expense of a smooth global transition. Elon's email about implementing further cost cuts/expense approval was the cherry on the top for the demand cliff narrative, spoonfed. It's been a sh!tstorm, and Tesla has been flinging a lot of it. Now, things appear to be getting better in terms of production and sales, but the fact is that Tesla did an absolutely awful job of managing the transition to global model 3 sales. Most analysts and institutions are not pleased with Tesla, and for good reason.

I think analysts were frankly shocked at how terrible Q1 was, and I think some of them were quite angry at Tesla about it. I think they also viewed autonomy day as a diversion from earnings and a massage for a capital raise. There were comments about Tesla not being transparent about the $200M in credits that were used to bump GM. Jonas discussed that in his call to investors. Jonas clearly seems to have taken things to a personal level, basically doing everything he can to decimate the stock. The investor call showed just how serious he is about pushing TSLA down. Bullish analyst Ives appears to have been blindsided by how terrible the quarter was. His downgrade was devastating for the stock. I honestly don't know if Tesla could have done any worse in Q1 if we asked them to really f*ck it up. Same thing with their moves from January through April with all of the crazy price drops and such. What a chaotic mess, especially after the incredible Q3 and Q4, which we now know came very much at the expense of a smooth global transition. Elon's email about implementing further cost cuts/expense approval was the cherry on the top for the demand cliff narrative, spoonfed. It's been a sh!tstorm, and Tesla has been flinging a lot of it. Now, things appear to be getting better in terms of production and sales, but the fact is that Tesla did an absolutely awful job of managing the transition to global model 3 sales. Most analysts and institutions are not pleased with Tesla, and for good reason.
Agree on all points. But the reaction seems far fetched. Hopefully investors see past that one quarter. Elon lately has been very gracious and controlled. The production is ironed out. GF3 is looking wonders, and orders are flowing in.

I don’t see analyst being angry as a reasonable reaction but market can see through. In retrospect all the price change in Q1 was about trying to figure whether the demand has slowed or it is seasonality and other related issues. Analysts should be able to see that. Instead Adam was fear mongering. Who is he to judge Elon and management when he himself is acting unreasonably. Anyway...I hope that the damage is reversible.

Easiest possible explanation: these robinhood youngsters buy 20-50-100 shares in hope that stock will eventually pay for their model 3 or Y in couple of years or so. They probably won't use leverage and or course they don't set stoploss. This robintrack chart is the biggest headache now for shorties, as despite they somehow drove institutions to exit with SEC lawsuit nightmare, they still can't figure out the way to force robinhood crowd to sell: retail is buying this dip like crazy.

Another thing to consider: right now old smart shorts are exiting but to cover they need to buy stock. But they only can buy from a) covering frustrated longs b) newbie shorts who are brave and stupid enough to short at these levels. Hence the constant need to maintain exceptionally high, almost hysterical level of FUD and bearish propaganda.

It really begins to smell like Feb 2016 now. This setup has the potential to explode up to new ATH

For this to happen TSLA must deliver record numbers for second quarter at the very least. Otherwise please save the cheerleading. Tesla and Elon should just keep their heads downs and produce and deliver. The SP will take care of itself.

Anyway...I hope that the damage is reversible.

Damage? Never forget that a stock price is the equivalent of somebody standing in front of your house shouting out prices that they believe your house to be worth. When they shout a lower number, the house is not actually damaged. It's the same house.

In the case of Tesla, the house is largely under construction. It gets more valuable every day.

Hi there

Terrific NOA feedback. Have you tried the “no-confirmation lane changes” option that CR complained so much about?

I have not. Do I even have that ability? I do not know. Hmm....

I have noticed that it makes a good amount of lane change suggestions particularly when it thinks I should be in a faster lane. That’s got to be based on my max speed setting.