Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very bizarre, feels like there is a lot of positive headlines in the past 24 hours, under the warm embrace of my tinfoil hat, it feels like somebody flipped a switch somewhere to precipitate a reversal in the TSLA trend.

Maybe the whales may have already covered, now they want to leave the retails holding the bag.

E74DAAEA-36BC-4740-939B-5F60B3D54D7F.png
This guy seems legit. Wonder if this is the reason we are bouncing so hard. Buckle up

I haven't experienced it yet because I don't have the update, but how is this different than how NoA has always behaved? When I am on the highway in the right lane, if a lane merges into the right lane from the right, at the point of merge my car would always drive right following the white line of the merging lane, rather than staying left and following the line of the lane I was in. At first I found it unnerving but then just accepted it as part of the AP.

It doesn’t always do that now. Sometimes it stays left. I haven’t been able to determine yet exactly what differences are in the merge lane design that causes it to stay left vs going to the right to be center lane, but I will.

I told my wife that in 3 years when our lease expire - I will buy out the Tesla MX from the gains made from the stocks. She rolled her eyes and was like "whatever"....

I'm always amazed at the mental games people play with their money and how they think about things.

At the end of your Model X lease:

1. You will either have access to enough money to buy out your lease or not.
2. Your investment in Tesla will be worth a certain amount, maybe more than you paid, maybe less.
3. You will either buy out the lease or not.

While all of these things may be somewhat related, money is money, it doesn't matter where it came from.

There's only one way to make the astronomers happy: Musk needs to build them a manned space telescope satellite for astronomy, far above all these other manmade satellites. :)

Isn't this the truth<grin>. I too have these sort of knee-jerk anxious reactions to some things and then I remember that there is nothing doctrinal about flag people or earth bound telescopes. Everyone seems to be passive when light polution has blocked out the stars that fuel our imagination but let Tesla launch a few satellites and panic sets in.

There is a work-around that usually ends up better. Avoid construction zones. Use different tech to guide vehicles. Paint temporary lines with light that sensors or cameras can follow. Put remote observatories in space and solve lots of problems (imagine not being limited to observing during the night for instance), thanks BFR! There are lots of opportunities that will make things better. Progress will not halt because of the "flag people" problem.

Also, when I hear the term driverless cars, I hear horseless carriage. I don't really see Tesla using the terms that others define particularly when they pivot around the term "less". Tesla starts with "Full". They define what FSD means and they will define what robotaxi means (which I loath BTW). Whoever wins the race toward the future will define the terms, as they should.

View attachment 415392 This guy seems legit. Wonder if this is the reason we are bouncing so hard. Buckle up

problem is activist isn’t necessarily a good thing for LT shareholders who believe in core mission.

then again, the way the game is played, not much we can do. elon and consortium would/should have anticipated that type of chess move many years ago

• Helpful
Reactions: BioSehnsucht
It doesn’t always do that now. Sometimes it stays left. I haven’t been able to determine yet exactly what differences are in the merge lane design that causes it to stay left vs going to the right to be center lane, but I will.

I honestly think it’s as simple as the prominence of the lines on each side. So where the left line is dashed and a dashed white line also exists on the right during the merge section, the car remains straight. However if the white line on the right vanishes and only the merging lane’s line is visible to the car, it veers right.

I drove from NYC to Tucson AZ last year, so covered about half a dozen states and highways, and while it din’t always happen (agreed) it did usually happen for long swathes of highway where the merging lanes lacked these dashes.

If you find something different, let me know.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden