Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Loving the idea of a simple webpage that will have rebuttals to the common FUD, properly sourced to non-biased information sources will really save a lot of time for us in discussing these issues.
They can start with a page of statistics of how many car fires there are every day/year compared to Tesla vehicle fires.

This is and has been happening already for years, on a wide scale. Local news coverage doesn't happen (much).
Yup. I've been to 4 events myself so far and I've only been an owner since August. My local utility is starting to get on board too. (of course they are brand agnostic)

Me too, but...

All the people I meet who are misinformed will go there because I will send them the link (at least if the site is done well).
Not just for them, for US too. I don't have all the stats in my head, fires for example. I know it's rare, but I'd love a quick reference.

Reactions: neroden
Yes it's a problem, but when almost every large media outlet is pushing out large amounts of FUD on a daily basis I think you'd need quite a large campaign to make a difference.

This...….Sure a webpage that Tesla continually updates to shoot down FUD would help and they definitely should do that. That wouldn't take much money. But you're talking about billions of dollars that Tesla's opponents(not Auto, I'm talking Fossil Fuels), can put into pushing as much FUD as they want. If Tesla spends a 1 million on advertising, they'll spend 10 million. If Tesla spends 10 million, they'll spend 1 billion. It's actually in their interest to get Tesla to put money into advertising rather than growing.

They seem to be at a loss about how to confront the FUD. Why not make a lot of cool videos that can be shared on Youtube or used by the media, for instance:

- About the safety of electric vehicles and Teslas in particular
- About it being the most American car
- About Autopilot being very safe and getting safer all the time
- About Tesla’s amazing growth
- About cool features like the fart app, games
- About sentry mode and how it protects the car (a bit more serious than cookie monster)
- About bio weapons defense mode, filtering out pollution, smoke, etc.
- About powerpack (plus solar panels) being extremely useful during blackouts and lowering the utilty bill.

This...….Sure a webpage that Tesla continually updates to shoot down FUD would help a bit. But you're talking about billions of dollars that Tesla's opponents(not Auto, I'm talking Fossil Fuels), can put into pushing as much FUD as they want. If Tesla spends a 1 million on advertising, they'll spend 10 million. If Tesla spends 10 million, they'll spend 1 billion. It's actually in their interest to get Tesla to put money into advertising rather than growing.
Ehh, owners are the best way to combat this. Empowering us with some more facts will have a crazy high ROI.

They seem to be at a loss about how to confront the FUD. Why not make a lot of cool videos that can be shared on Youtube or used by the media, for instance:

- About sentry mode and how it protects the car (a bit more serious than cookie monster)
- About powerpack (plus solar panels) being extremely useful during blackouts and lowering the utilty bill.
Just look at that Sentry Video of the guys keying the Tesla. The news people had no idea what Sentry Mode was. I'm sure a nice youtube video would have helped them greatly.

Reactions: neroden
I'll repeat: a large, large quantity of people think the company is doomed. That's a problem. Current approach doesn't change those folks' minds.

I'll repeat: a large, large quantity of people think global warming is not caused by humans. That's a problem. Current approach doesn't change those folks' minds.

Do you really think a few infomercials will be able to counter the powerful, targeted affinity fraud that was able to convince and polarize a lot of people?

And put them all together in a big documentary. I can see it in my mind already - remember the "how it is made" with all the robots.

Reactions: gene and Nocturnal