Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll repeat: a large, large quantity of people think global warming is not caused by humans. That's a problem. Current approach doesn't change those folks' minds.

Do you really think a few infomercials will be able to counter the powerful, targeted affinity fraud that was able to convince and polarize a lot of people?

No, but that's a strawman. You don't have to convince everyone. You have to chip away at the problem.

"We are selling more cars than we can make". Exactly what I've said before, advertising would make things worse.

Sure, today. Not tomorrow. And that's taking a... charitable view of 'we sell more cars than we can make.' It's literally true, but if it were true the way Elon wants you to take it, we'd not see the price cuts, the store closings-not-closings, etc. They sell the cars they make just like every manufacturer does. That's not an indication that demand at Tesla's desired/ideal prices is at peak.

55AF4478-DC6D-4150-9BA2-2F1A17AAF767.jpeg

Anyone here claiming to buy Teslas because they care about climate change but then turn around and criticize the woman from PETA are complete hypocrites....
That's a little harsh. It's undeniable that eating meat is worse for the planet. That said, I'd very much prefer to still eat some meat and save my greenhouse emissions elsewhere.

PETA is an awful organization, and that is nothing to do with their vegan beliefs. I'm cool with vegans and vegetarians, but those guys are nuts. They prefer animals are put down than be pets.

This meeting was so bullish. Elon dodging the FSD question though, still not sure how he's so confident it will be solved.

Just being able to identify curbs and drivable space is like 10% of FSD.
But he also said that he uses FSD to get to work with just a few interventions. That's pretty big.

Bottom line:
1. Most likely record / near record deliveries Q2
2. Still battery constrained for the immediate future
3. FSD will happen - perhaps not perfect but coming soon.
4. I liked the more realistic statements on robotaxis - pointing out regulatory hurdles need to be passed first.
5. Don't expect solar roof too soon, but they are closer to a workable solution (version 3)

It's OK. Now if the SP moves up I will soon get close to not loosing an arm and a leg for the year - but it was worth it for the big future.