Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeking Alpha is run out of Israel, of all places; founded by David Jackson, now run by Eli Hoffman. Glassdoor has complaints of racism in both hiring and article publication. (Perhaps unsurprising when it's run out of one of the most racist countries on Earth by owners who seem to be totally OK with their government's racism.)
I do wonder why its Israeli owners & editors hate Tesla
i'm reminded of the troll/israeli intelligence guy who put out that hit piece on Elisabeth Soechting...
Elon’s Brain on Twitter
D9B2IlyU0AALRHb.png:large

-thx for dip tho got another 8 shares today :)

171k dumped to push below 220.

This is so screwed up! The shorts can just dump a truckload of shares to drive the price down, then cover at a lower price and rake in a nice profit to finance their next attack.

On the other side, all we can do is buy and hold and cross our fingers in the hope the stock price recovers. We are at the mercy of the short sellers, where is the fairness in that? :mad:

I imagine by now the people that were over stretched on their margin and just got a raise in rates have sold what they had to sell in order to get out of the potential margin call. The trading can now resume to normal with a few short hits every now and then. This day seems a lot like damage control for max pain tomorrow.

So, now that we have evidence of Israeli spy/propaganda agents running hit pieces on Tesla, and noticing that Seeking Alpha (home of anti-Tesla hit pieces) is run out of Israel, does anyone have *any idea* why Israeli spy agencies would be hostile to Tesla?!?! Motivations of Saudi Arabia and Russia are clear, but motivations of Israeli government?!?

I think we’ll be lucky to end the day above 220. GS evaluation isn’t going to hurt long term, just kills some recent momentum, but the upside is Q2 numbers can erase their evaluation

I see this downgrade as a potential net positive. I'm always wary of going into the end of quarters with too much buoyancy. Much better to be all wound up and ready to be released. It tends to make for more sustainable rallies after good news.

This is so screwed up! The shorts can just dump a truckload of shares to drive the price down, then cover at a lower price and rake in a nice profit to finance their next attack.

On the other side, all we can do is buy and hold and cross our fingers in the hope the stock price recovers. We are at the mercy of the short sellers, where is the fairness in that? :mad:
What's stopping you from buying the dips and selling the peaks?

So, now that we have evidence of Israeli spy/propaganda agents running hit pieces on Tesla, and noticing that Seeking Alpha (home of anti-Tesla hit pieces) is run out of Israel, does anyone have *any idea* why Israeli spy agencies would be hostile to Tesla?!?! Motivations of Saudi Arabia and Russia are clear, but motivations of Israeli government?!?
Seeking Alpha doesn't care about Tesla one way or another, they care about getting attention. And unfortunately negative/extreme sounding articles tend to get more attention, just how people's lizard brains are wired. And on top of that, it's just a blog where pretty much anybody can submit articles, even if they are not really qualified, and even if they have heavy sometimes undisclosed biases, and most of them know that a negative article gets more attention too. On top of that, one of their oldest and most prolific (and Tesla negative) bloggers was heavily invested in the battery company that supplied batteries to the Fiskar Karma, right around the time that Tesla was getting a foothold, and the battery company went bankrupt, partly because of the Model S. He also may or may not have had to downsize his home because of being too invested in the bankrupt company.

I know that the Middle East has been strategically important for millennia, but I think it's fairly obvious that it will lose a lot of geopolitical heft as the energy transition plays out. I wonder if this could be a motivation for the Israeli government. With fewer pressing national interests in the region, the United States may seek to exert less influence, which could make its close alliance with Israel less valuable. I can imagine that would be dangerous for them, especially during the chaos that's likely to engulf the region as oil becomes irrelevant. It's a powerful state, but ultimately quite small. Plus, with less foreign intervention fragmenting the region it's conceivable that Israel foresees the emergence of more natural, unified neighboring states that could challenge its supremacy.

Just some musings. Not sure if it makes much sense.

Last edited:
At almost seventy, and a retired soldier ~ a real soldier; you know one of those poor dumb B's that served during Vietnam era; I just do not cry much. Problem is I bought 37 shares of TSLA the other day.

My son-in-law, a man that likes to make me laugh or poke fun at me, not 100% sure, forwarded to me two YouTube links with the instructions that I watch this one first.
and that I watch the 2d link last
Watching them brought me out of the funk, thank goodness. Most of you probably have watched them already, and that is okay.

Tomorrow, the sun will shine again ~ My wife of forty-five almost six years will join me on our drive from low-tax rate Washington county, to Portland to trade-in our current two year old X (making this my one and only X ~ married humor) and pick up our second X. Xena is two years three months old and needs new tires:) Oh, and they started charging us for Spotify:-(

Poor Christian, I was joking with him that I would be the last car delivered on the 30th of June at 3 pm. But no, he had to come right back at me with the fact that they would be working until 11:59 pm (2359 for my good 'ol days) the 30th; and, and Hawaii was an hour later. Screw it I said, get me the car sooner and let someone else bask in the glory of 2Q19 delivery results.

Now get me that damned Model T (pickup truck).

What a load of *sugar*; I can't believe these people. Imagine the level of anguish Elon has to deal with living in a world with these deceptive misinformation scumbags.
I've to wonder how much of this is just being bearish on EVs in general than Tesla in particular i.e. missing large changes as a rule because they are so deep in their current world.

ps : This also means he thinks Tesla has zero chance of getting anywhere near FSD in 5+ years.

I just wonder if the analyst lowering their evaluation on Tesla are ultimately setting Tesla up for a huge rebound. If EM has the numbers and production right and they finish above 90,000 deliveries then you’d have to believe that the evaluations get raised thus creating another quarter of positive news and investor support.

But I think that’s obvious as GS is covering their positions.

The problem is, the analysts got burned by the Q4 demand pull back since the $7500 tax rebate was being reduced to half. The huge quarter set the expectations for future quarters and then a lot of doubt crept in after Q1 was announced. Tesla intensely pushed the tax rebate ending as a demand lever and pulled a ton of demand from 19Q1 into 18Q4. That result was a horrendous Q1. Now, we have a similar thing going on. Not only is the rebate being halved again, but Tesla is giving free lifetime supercharging on inventory X and S models. So, right now, in reality, it's difficult to know what a normal quarter's demand look like. What will it look like in 2020 with no incentives at all? What demand levers does Tesla have left?

Add into this the fact that last year, Musk was saying that Tesla would be profitable going forward. He said that for a company to be sustainable they had to be able to make a profit. After 2 quarters of profits, suddenly the analysts are hit with a near record-loss quarter of $700 million. And Musk's tune changed from "profitable all quarters going forward" to "it's hard to make a profit when you''re trying to grow like this" [I'm paraphrasing BTW]. But, didn't he know in 2018 that Tesla would still be in growth mode in the last 2 quarters of 2019? Why the shift from "profitable all quarters going forward" to "it's hard to be profitable while growing"? Did he fib, or did he not really understand where the company would be in 9 to 12 months?

And I know I'm going to get a ton of Disagrees for this post. But please, tell me where I am wrong factually. You cannot blame people if there interpretation of the facts is different from yours. If the facts are wrong, you can correct them, but not how people feel about the facts.

My hope is that Tesla can ride out the storm until the Y goes into production. I really think any discussion of demand and profit ends when the Y comes out. That's the car people are buying these days. I also think that's when it's lights out for the shorts. I also think that's why they are giving EVERYTHING they have at sabotaging Tesla so Tesla doesn't make it to that point. When it becomes inevitable that the Y will go into production, I think the shorts will give up and you will then see the short burn of the century - at least for those who don't bail out early on.

Am I wrong or has there been way less posts/noise about discounts being given out this quarter? no major end of quarter incentive as far as I can tell.

That has to be bullish

Model X availability in inventory trackers continues to be very sparse in the US with no discounts to be found. Let me tell you, this is a complete 180 from three months ago. Also bullish.