Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"That's a Tesla, cool car, that's all electric isn't it?". "Yes" I reply with a smile. <pause>
Act 2: "...So what kind of oil does it use?" he asks
Yes, it uses 90 wt gear oil. Replace with about a liter every 12yr/150K miles. But the oil is not burned, so it doesn't produce C02. It can be cleaned and recycled. Oh, and you need to change the filter every 12 years too: :eek:

Model3 gear oil filter.png

HTH. Cheers!

I’m at Santa Barbara Tesla helping with deliveries today. Greatest entertainment is the BMW dealer across the street without a single customer.
Thanks for your service, Gene! :cool:

But (lol), you ENTERTAIN way too easy. After your shift, I recommend you go park your Model 3 on the street near the entrance to the |3WZ Dealer, and offer free turns playing "Beach Buggy Racing": One new Tesla convert per turn (3 for a Dollar). ;)

CH33RS!

Last edited:
If every Tesla owner converts only one of their friends (usually it’s more) to buy a Tesla, you already get the “Lilly Pad Effect” which is dramatic acceleration.

Delusionment moment...

I am a true believer... but. The referral group has told me multiple times that the wall charger I was offered when I bought my second Tesla is out of stock for 60 to 90 days. It has been a year now. I don’t think they understand that if they don’t want to follow through, I don’t want to buy their product. I won’t be spending my time telling people to buy the car. I have an order for a Y that I want to cancel. I don’t like dealing with dishonest companies.

Colorado had a 1 store limit for Tesla.

Tesla now has 3 stores in Colorado.

Denver,Littleton, and Lone Tree.

Stores not galleries.

View attachment 424733

Find Us | Tesla

They are still limited and Rivian still can't open a store. They're trying. Believe me, I live here and Tesla is still limited. Littleton handles all sales paperwork.

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
Are you sure ?
They normally lock a potential customer in a room until he signs the contract.

Might have been there a couple of days, you never know how long the customer will hold out.

The disturbing thing is I personally witnessed the keys for a buyers trade in getting “lost” during my short time in the car biz. According to the informative Edmunds article about dealerships it’s all too common. Not a lot of sympathy here.

Delusionment moment...

I am a true believer... but. The referral group has told me multiple times that the wall charger I was offered when I bought my second Tesla is out of stock for 60 to 90 days. It has been a year now. I don’t think they understand that if they don’t want to follow through, I don’t want to buy their product. I won’t be spending my time telling people to buy the car. I have an order for a Y that I want to cancel. I don’t like dealing with dishonest companies.

Do you think they’re being dishonest, or just disorganized? I’ve seen lots of examples of disorganization and chaos at Tesla, few if any examples of dishonesty.

Of course, disorganization/chaos is still bad as an investor, since it can look superficially like dishonesty & cost the company fans.

Delusionment moment...

I am unclear about your complaint.

Did they offer to provide you a wall connector free of charge for buying your second Tesla, and then claim it is out of stock while you waited for a year? Is this the same wall connector that is in stock for immediate purchase on the website?

Was the offer of wall connector just something they offered out of the blue, or was it offered as part of the referral program, by referring yourself for the second Tesla purchase?

Do you think they’re being dishonest, or just disorganized? I’ve seen lots of examples of disorganization and chaos at Tesla, few if any examples of dishonesty.

Of course, disorganization/chaos is still bad as an investor, since it can look superficially like dishonesty & cost the company fans.
I understand the difference, I have an email trail that will back me up. I a

If Tesla Sunnyvale puts used wheels on your New Model X and tells you they will clean them for free, do you take them up on it or do you insist on New wheels and move to another service area? Santa Clara has been better, at least not dishonest.

If you ask for a manager to talk to, twice, and you get... "I am more than happy to request a senior team member review your case. Your patience is greatly appreciated. " But no call or email from a manager. In fact, the Referral Team is email only, and apparently one per day. I know they have a record of the transaction. How many 60-90 day waiting periods do I need to give them before it is obvious they won't follow through? Why do I have had to ask to "yes please request a senior team member review the case".

It would be better if they said, "hey we can't send it cause we need to save the money", or "we forgot". They admit to know about it and will not send it. They should reimburse me, or at least admit that they will not send it. I will install something else and have a way to charge both cars. Putting me on yet another 60-90 days wait period and never following up is just wrong.

For now, given Elon's penchant for tall tales with many examples, and the level of work I have had to do to get the Model X working and the referral issues...I am beginning to believe that Tesla isn't the altruistic company I want it to be. I love my Tesla...but.

• Informative
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
I’m at Santa Barbara Tesla helping with deliveries today. Greatest entertainment is the BMW dealer across the street without a single customer.
To continue, we were quite hectic today, I do not know the numbers. It seemed less hectic that end of Q4, 2018. I asked a couple of the salesmen about this and they told me that Q4 of last year all the deliveries seem to be at the end of the month whereas this time, they had been very busy with deliveries all month. So that is why today was not as crazy as usual. About 50% of the people coming in were new shoppers, 50% were picking up already ordered cars.

Notable was that several families that came in with kids in the 10 to 15 years of age, told me they were considering other cars as well but their children insisted that they must buy a Tesla!

I am unclear about your complaint.

Did they offer to provide you a wall connector free of charge for buying your second Tesla, and then claim it is out of stock while you waited for a year? Is this the same wall connector that is in stock for immediate purchase on the website?

Was the offer of wall connector just something they offered out of the blue, or was it offered as part of the referral program, by referring yourself for the second Tesla purchase?

Me "I can't charge both Tesla's if I buy a second one."
Salesman "No problem. You earn a referral from the Model X, you'll have a way to charge both."
Me "Are you sure?"
Salesman "Sure, no problem. It is part of the Referral Program. I will make sure you get it."

The wall charger is supposed to be "Signed" ... I just need to charge my car.

They actually have it online? Why? Unbelievable.

To continue, we were quite hectic today, I do not know the numbers. It seemed less hectic that end of Q4, 2018. I asked a couple of the salesmen about this and they told me that Q4 of last year all the deliveries seem to be at the end of the month whereas this time, they had been very busy with deliveries all month. So that is why today was not as crazy as usual. About 50% of the people coming in were new shoppers, 50% were picking up already ordered cars.

Notable was that several families that came in with kids in the 10 to 15 years of age, told me they were considering other cars as well but their children insisted that they must buy a Tesla!

Elon Musk‏ @elonmusk 6 hours ago

Elon Musk Retweeted Tesla Owners Silicon Valley

Huge thanks to all Tesla supporters around the world helping the cause.
We
2665.png
2665.png
2665.png
you!!

PEOXoNQMtaF6YoDI.jpg

Tesla Owners Silicon Valley @teslaownersSV

Run through of our cars and coffee event. This is what happens when you get a bunch of @tesla's together. @elonmusk

684 replies 1,444 retweets 23,010 likes

Last edited:
How is Tesla limited?

They have to centralize paperwork to one location but can have many stores giving test drives?

This isn't that complicated. They can't deliver vehicles in Grand Junction. Or Pueblo. Or Colorado Springs. Or Ft Collins. Etc. Only in the Denver metro area.

More detail on the recent attempted change to the law, intended to un-cripple Tesla and allow Rivian to include Colorado in its first run of upcoming stores:

Should Coloradoans be allowed to buy electric vehicles straight from the manufacturer?