Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good work! Incredible coincidences perhaps? For those in the USA, I think this merits some official complains to our dear friends at the SEC, no?

Note that ALL investors who own TSLA shares or options, including European investors, can file complaints with the SEC.

The SEC is protecting U.S. financial markets, regardless of what nationality the investor using them has.

Last edited:
Agreed. Even though there has been a lot of progress at GF3, arguably building the shed is the easiest and most visually notable part of the construction process.

I'd be amazed if they could fit out all the services, put the manufacturing lines in place and calibrate them to the level of precision required, have the supply network producing enough parts and train enough staff to have a line humming at 1k per week or more without any hiccups that slow production.

We are now less than 6 months until the end of the year, that is a mountain of work that needs to be organised almost flawlessly.

Most of those items happen in parallel, and all have been in process for over 6 months at this point.

Well that's a pretty exotic list, which says a lot about Model S. I've no doubts that in the hands of a good driver, they would destroy a MS around a track, but in the hands of the common man, the MS will destroy all the above at every red light, hell, my 2 year-old MX will likely do that too, with 6 passengers and their luggage :p

Hopefully the destroying happens when the light goes green, however.

Thank you for your detailed analysis Fact Checking. b. Writing software to hack Tesla’s MOS; Have you found any Github repositories or coding example what MR Tripp has been publically telling that he is a coder or can write industrial robot code? What ever that is?

Is there any technical evidence in MR trip filing about these? I think not.

What about his interest in guns? Just ask and you will receive :rolleyes:

Disqus Profile - martytripp

RZ-Doefiqnt2poUEmUYQ91FSn4nXkUXPMKb_2u5FBhF0V0OVnhSTUT9ZgXC8E_xBa5vVtwEKFYgt7in-Ucsf_65mXo5RfocvNxOb-4GENlP-393Xsv9HrvB99gzIMczcN_WoWtny

Having looked through the past year of their reviews, the only 10s I found:

2020 McLaren 720S Spider review: Treat yo self
2018 McLaren 720S review: Raw power meets refined performance (same thing, just not a convertible)
2018 Porsche 911 GT3: Sports car perfection
2018 Mercedes-AMG GT R review: Bringing a gun to a knife fight
2018 Lamborghini Huracán Performante review: Supercar superstar

And the Model S not beating those in whatever their performance metric is, honestly, is perfectly fair. It's a much bigger vehicle, that's much less performance-oriented. That's fine, this is what the Roadster is for.

And, there's a lot of stuff that's nominally competition against the Model S Performance that is not getting even a 9.5 for performance.
Also, they tested the long range, not the Performance w/ludicrous

Looks like the Tesla Europe Chief, someone named Jan Oehmicke, is leaving the company.

That should help with the awkward silence at the TSLAQ table for a little while.

Premarket up $ 0.84 at 7:12 EST.

As usual, much ado about really old and inconsequential news. Surprisingly, this came from the Twitter of a strident TSLAQ:

"This guy has been out for a long time, guys. Rememeber back in Q1 when Elon sent an email to execs around the world, asking them to let him know if they need help with logistics? For EU, he emailed someone else instead of Jan, which was a red flag back then."

Wouldn't a record delivery without leaked emails completely blind side analysts and give them no chance to set Tesla's number up as a miss?
No, they would just an estimate from somewhere else that was high and say they missed. There is nothing that can't be spun negatively--even 100% year to year growth. All that can be done is to wait out the FUD until it becomes irrelevant--and every new Tesla owner makes it more irrelevant.

No, they would just an estimate from somewhere else that was high and say they missed. There is nothing that can't be spun negatively--even 100% year to year growth. All that can be done is to wait out the FUD until it becomes irrelevant--and every new Tesla owner makes it more irrelevant.

Like for instance: A Tesla, after being T-boned by an F#50 truck, allows family of 4 to walk away with minor injuries while truck driver dies.

Shortsville Times: Tesla's Autopilot fails to avoid deadly collision, family of 4 scarred for life, and probably inflicted with cancer.

BS headline.

Tesla Shares Slip After Report Says European Head Jan Oehmicke Leaves Company

At this moment, stock is up 1.33 in pre-market. Not that pre-market is in any way relevant to the day’s trading.
They've replaced the headline, it now reads:

Tesla Edges Higher After Report Says European Head Jan Oehmicke Leaves Company

Because that's how causation works.

Next version of the headline should probably be Tesla Stock Price Value Constantly Changing After Report Says European Head Jan Oehmicke Leaves Company, just to get all bases covered.

Having looked through the past year of their reviews, the only 10s I found:

2020 McLaren 720S Spider review: Treat yo self
2018 McLaren 720S review: Raw power meets refined performance (same thing, just not a convertible)
2018 Porsche 911 GT3: Sports car perfection
2018 Mercedes-AMG GT R review: Bringing a gun to a knife fight
2018 Lamborghini Huracán Performante review: Supercar superstar

And the Model S not beating those in whatever their performance metric is, honestly, is perfectly fair. It's a much bigger vehicle, that's much less performance-oriented. That's fine, this is what the Roadster is for.

And, there's a lot of stuff that's nominally competition against the Model S Performance that is not getting even a 9.5 for performance.

And all those cars, with their gas engines, suck.

I kind of laugh at car reviews now.

All so slow, so loud, so stupid.

I step on the gas and the lawnmower like engine has to rev up like it needs to launch into space just to match what my S casually.

I mean why bother reviewing gas cars. It's over.

Sorry, the only thing that can be "sports car perfection" at this point is an EV.

Didn't go well. Thanks to the Wall Street Journal, and with no help from CNBC, my CEO thinks Tesla is in deep financial trouble. My CEO is like Elon, also CEO of another company ;) When he asked if I owned any stock in TSLA o_O and I said yes, he pulled back a little. I think he felt sorry for me :mad:. Our leased fleet of Volvo's D13 expires at the end of next year. Only 14 semi trucks. Our 2nd distribution center has 10 trucks. The company that we acquired a majority of has about 150 trucks! I don't when their leases expire. Ours are 7 year leases from Penske. We could extend the lease if we can't get a better deal at expiration. The problem is the lowest bidder cost per mile gets the contract. Tesla would be the lowest, but will they be available at the end of next year? CEO'S first cousin is our head of logistics. He is why we have a 1 megawatt solar system on our roof :) It (Tesla Semi) would be a done deal if it was in production right now. Also he agreed with me on a Tesla powerpack for energy storage. That might be all that I can get for now. CEO's sister (family business) Is very close to buying a Tesla. Maybe that would be a tipping point. P.S. frack the Wall Street Journal :mad: and CFUNBC.

So many cases like this.
But I also think that's why there's more latent demand in the market than some people thing.

Once those people have their fears allayed, and have more time in a Tesla, their minds will open.

As the discussion of whether the authors of articles on Tesla have any influence on how the pieces are headlined is still fresh, I went on and clicked the link to actually read the story. And that's how I discovered this logical gem:

"The twin departures (Hochholdinger & Oehmicke) could raise fresh questions over the group's second quarter delivery totals, which are expected to be made public this week, after Musk told investors last month that there was a "decent chance" of a record quarter of between 90,000 and 100,000 clean-energy cars delivered over the three months ending in June."

They then go on to discuss possible delivery numbers and estimates from analysts, because the connection with these executives leaving is right there, did you miss it?

People need to lighten up. Having critical thoughts doesn’t put someone in cahoots with the shorts or big oil. Tsla fans were badgering an early Tesla owner and repeat Tesla buyer who also is interested in the Taycan and the move to sustainable transport. His interest is other companies stepping up and moving to EV’s is proof he’s a traitor and “war criminal” of some sort. Please don’t go out of your way to make new tslaq fans. Being a zealot or j-hole is no way to win fans and friends.
There’s a lot of bad journalism that’s due to not getting it and probably much less due to corruption. Cathie Wood posted today about analysts not understanding amazon back in the day. No cabal of evil, just short sited people who didn’t understand the business. In retrospect, the thing about amazon wasn’t the retail business, but their dedication to new opportunities and ability to implement. Tesla’s advantage isn’t EV’s, batteries or self driving per se, it’s all of that, but it’s the constant innovation and ability to build on each layer building and their vertical integration.

Anyhow, please try be kind or at least be cool. Telling people they’re monsters is not likely to win them over to your side.

I wrote a long article last week basically agreeing with you when it comes to reporters: Why Do The NYTimes & Other Large Media Outlets Get Tesla & EVs So Wrong? | CleanTechnica

People were simply discussing if that reporter tended to be more positive or negative, so I shared our data on his article headlines/topics.

We stopped Pravduh for a few reasons, but a big one was that it seemed too combative or seemed to stimulate too much combat.