Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4E112066-A28B-4C4F-9FB0-7D20C08867B2.jpeg
Sorry if this has been posted before. I love xkcd (even if I only “get” about half of them),

Picky, picky, picky... go short some Nissan Leafs.

Mod: Please remember to credit and link to the original when posting content like this.
xkcd: Short Selling
I will also remind people that there's always mouseover text that is usually worth reading if you go to the original. For example:
"I'm selling all my analogies at auction tomorrow, and that witch over there will give you 20 beans if you promise on pain of death to win them for her.";"What if SEVERAL people promised witches they'd win, creating some kind of a ... squeeze? Gosh, you could make a lot of--" "Don't be silly! That probably never happens."
--ggr

Last edited by a moderator:
If you venture quickly over to the TSLAQ side, you’ll see that they’re excited about the SP going to $270 or so, perfect re-entry point!
So they still are predicting $10... after it hits $3000 maybe. I guess we will see on Wednesday what the big manipulators think.

• Funny
Reactions: Fact Checking
My apologies... should have said the British Women's team. I'll try hard to be more PC when I'm OT in the future.

But this afternoon I have other things on my mind. Anybody know when the 2nd qtr. financial conference call is planned or has it not yet been announced? CNBC mentioned 2 weeks, that sounds too soon by about 2 weeks.
No, you should have said the English woman's team. Britain does not play in the world cup. For clarification, Britain refers to England+Scotland+Wales (or whales as POTUS likes to call it). Throw in Northern Ireland and you have the United Kingdom.

So - Lookee who’s back.

Didja miss your favorite Moderator?Did anyone notice I’ve been gone?

The truth is, I’m not wholly away from my semiannual sabbatical. Still cannot devote the amount of time necessary to performing the well-deserved knuckle-rapping and head-whacking that so many of you so consistently call for.

But a truly never-contemplated event has occurred here in Darkest Alaska. We now have here what they call “DSL”.

To the rest of you: what does 50MB download / 10MB upload seem like? Is that an acceptable rate, or is it sneered at? Seems good to us; but then again for decades we’ve been used to telecommunications via 19th c telegraph wires strung atop caribou antlers.

Something to share:

So last night returned from a supply run; that was a 400-mile r/t with the Sprinter full of foodstuffs, and hauling just over 1 ton of fuel in the little trailer.

On the return, I was thinking we were burning more diesel than I thought we should; during the run I passed it off to not properly compensating for the trailer’s cargo.

But when we got home, I instantly saw that there now is a constant drip of fuel from the engine bay. Oh, great. Many gallons of unburnt hydrocarbons gracing the road through the Alaska Range. How sublime. And apart from the environmental effects, Jenny was furious at the safety aspects, especially with 21-month old Gus aboard.

WHEN O WHEN will we leave this era of petrocarbons behind us? When will automakers, and the energy industry, embrace the obvious...the logical...the responsible...the future?

And when will Tesla branch out into the more practical types of vehicles, and stop frittering away our children’s futures on Roadster IIs and enhanced screen-scribbling abilities?

Also:

Well done in 2Q, Tesla. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
But a truly never-contemplated event has occurred here in Darkest Alaska. We now have here what they call “DSL”.

To the rest of you: what does 50MB upload / 10MB download seem like? Is that an acceptable rate, or is it sneered at?

Normally DSL is the opposite of that. 50MB down / 10MB Up. But hey, I lived on 1.5 MB up/down DSL for years, so that seems pretty darn good for out in the middle of Darkest Alaska.

Moderator edit:
Thanks! Fixed.

The ENGLAND women's team, you mean.

England != (Great) Britain. The Scottish and Welsh have their own team.

If you are in Wales and in a bar at one AM DO NOT ask the Welsh Person if they are English.
You will either get a broken nose or a two hour lecture.

Its almost as bad as asking a Brazilian if they speak spanish.

If only it could have been on the 4th.

err, no they didn't. They beat the English. In the group stages you will have noticed that Scotland fielded it's own team...
And yes, Wales and Northern Ireland have their own "national" teams. It is confusing but the respective "Football Associations" of the four nations refuse to combine into a British team because then three quarters of the officials wouldn't get to go to the World Cup Finals.

For Tesla purposes, the deliveries in the UK are counted as one nation. (Back on message...)