Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps the thing we should be most excited about is that we seem to have a chief operating officer managing global production. Jerome is stepping up just as Tesla is becoming a global production company and Elon could not have scaled himself up into this role. Production progress has become steadier and Elon is focusing more effort on FSD and apparently supply chain (in Brazil).

It also seems increasingly clear that Drew Baglino is now playing the role of COO of tech, R&D and innovation projects.
Jerome seems to be COO of auto mass manufacturing and production.

Yes KOA and other commercial parks can work well. But if you want to stay in National Parks. (So far only one has had power) or state parks (Normally just 120v) then you have major challenges. The National Parks are the most scenic with state parks a close second. So we tend to stay away from the much more crowded commercial camp grounds.
Most all of the California State Parks along the coast north of San Francisco, even the day use ones, have free J1772 chargers. Plugshare will list them.

Two things: 1) I think you mean @Webeevdrivers and I believe they are on their way to the Nissan dealership... something about “canceling ASAP”

2) Non- Frud link here courtesy of Disqus:
CHAdeMO blah blah discussion

Whoops!

I wasn't sure whether to give a funny, like or informative rating there, so I settled on helpful - thanks for the correction :)

It also seems increasingly clear that Drew Baglino is now playing the role of COO of tech, R&D and innovation projects.
Jerome seems to be COO of auto mass manufacturing and production.

I'm guessing Elon was very impressed with Jerome's tent plan last year and had him take over from Peter Hochholdinger. Seems to be working out.

So to summarise:
  • Increasing Fremont production
  • GF1 automation = increased cell/pack output
  • GF3 coming together, setting records for line installations
  • Quality and efficiency at all time highs
  • Record production and deliveries 19Q2
  • Hiring new production line staff
  • Q2 Earnings Reporting coming soon
I'm with @anthonyj - prepare to test $200!!!

Where is the info about GF1 increased cell/pack output? Would be awesome!

Two things: 1) I think you mean @Webeevdrivers and I believe they are on their way to the Nissan dealership... something about “canceling ASAP”

2) Non- Frud link here courtesy of Disqus:
CHAdeMO blah blah discussion

Heh heh. Naw. We’ll keep our order for our Eplus. But the model Y is looking really good now.

Glad to see the Chademo adapter available. This will open up routes to Prince George and the Kootenays for BC model 3 owners.

Has anyone seen the full email published yet?
I hate having only the media cut and paste and twist excerpts. It's hard to pitch this one negatively, but I expect there was more information or context in the email.

Very hard to know what this relates to:
  • It could be small upgrades to get Model 3 comfortably to 7k per week
  • It could be upgrades to get Model 3 to 8-10k
  • It could be ramping Model S and X back to 25k per Q. Possibly including merging the S&X lines.
  • It could be preparation for Model Y.
It's hard to know why any of these have to be kept secret though (particularly if no further significant changes to S/X are planned soon), so possibly its a bigger surprise.

In Panasonic's most recent earnings call, Tsuga-san mentioned that in June, Panasonic would be replacing a 'jig' in the new cell machines at GF1, which should go a long way towards raising ~24GWh of production towards the max theoretical capacity of 35GWh. This ties in nicely with the Jerome Guillen leak of raising production, the cell supply should now be available.

This is long known as it has been the general production constrain all year, mostly due to well wastage on Panasonic side - remember the fake news reports from Japan that "Panasonic were no longer investing in Tesla"? Normally this was supposed to be solved by June.

Furthermore, the Grohmann pack lines are now fully installed in GF1, with the old lines being shipped to GF3 for a quick start-up there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, people.

• Informative
Reactions: VValleyEV
1. I would have felt bad damaging someone's else's car (though he stated his insurance will pay for it)

2. I probably would have turned around after the first incident.

3. Hitting a tire and a earthquake right after.......................What a weekend.

4. Why did he rent someone else's Model 3 when he has one himself, or so I thought?

Yeah, is it just me or did that article read like a train wreck rather than a heart-warming story about road tripping in the Model 3?

News of Tesla Raising Production? :eek: Hurry, time for another note!

3 Key Thoughts by Adam Jonas:

1. We do not expect Tesla production to surpass an anal run-rate of 500k until late 2020. The Bloomberg article, citing the leaked email to Tesla employees from its Automotive President Jerome Guillen, suggested "several" parts of the China assembly line are in already in place. TSLA said in their 1Q19 shareholder letter "Vehicle production will be significantly higher than deliveries" and "If our Gigafactory Shanghai is able to reach volume production early in Q4 this year, we may be able to produce as many as 500,000 vehicles globally in 2019."

2. We expect China to account for less than 200k units of delivery toTesla through 2022. While we anticipate significant pent-up demand for Tesla ́s locally produced vehicles in the PRC, longer-term we expect the Chinese EV market to remain highly competitive and see Tesla ́s China volume peaking at 254k units in 2024, before falling to the 160k to 170k range by 2030.

3. We suspect both bulls and bears to use the near term boost in newsflow/sentiment to sell the stock. Clearly the debate around demand for Tesla ́s products has become less one-sided in recent weeks and appears to be in a fluid situation. That said, we believe the conviction, passion and time horizon of the prevailing bear case in the market may take several more months or quarters to break.

News of Tesla Raising Production? :eek: Hurry, time for another note!

3 Key Thoughts by Adam Jonas:

1. We do not expect Tesla production to surpass an anal run-rate of 500k until late 2020. The Bloomberg article, citing the leaked email to Tesla employees from its Automotive President Jerome Guillen, suggested "several" parts of the China assembly line are in already in place. TSLA said in their 1Q19 shareholder letter "Vehicle production will be significantly higher than deliveries" and "If our Gigafactory Shanghai is able to reach volume production early in Q4 this year, we may be able to produce as many as 500,000 vehicles globally in 2019."

2. We expect China to account for less than 200k units of delivery toTesla through 2022. While we anticipate significant pent-up demand for Tesla ́s locally produced vehicles in the PRC, longer-term we expect the Chinese EV market to remain highly competitive and see Tesla ́s China volume peaking at 254k units in 2024, before falling to the 160k to 170k range by 2030.

3. We suspect both bulls and bears to use the near term boost in newsflow/sentiment to sell the stock. Clearly the debate around demand for Tesla ́s products has become less one-sided in recent weeks and appears to be in a fluid situation. That said, we believe the conviction, passion and time horizon of the prevailing bear case in the market may take several more months or quarters to break.

Either MS is still trying to hedge out its short positions or it has decided that it does not currently own enough stock.

Oh wait! I forgot. They are totally different divisions with no communications between them...an impenetrable firewall that allows Jonas to post truly objective opinions with no input from anyone in the company. Thank goodness!

3. We suspect both bulls and bears to use the near term boost in newsflow/sentiment to sell the stock.

hahahahaha, nah.

Clearly the debate around demand for Tesla ́s products has become less one-sided in recent weeks

No, it's become MORE one sided. There is not and never has been a case for a demand problem for Tesla vehicles.

Up 4.20!
420.png