Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wording (by the end of 2019) looks like GF3 gets moved back to December from September.

Anyway, I don't expect the call to produce anything exciting. It's the execution and muddling through phase. New products (model Y) won't contribute to bottom line for the next 12 months. And anything, newer will have to waith 24 months to contribute to bottom line.

Massive loss? You see the free cash flow numbers?

Ya... well, $2.4 bil of that positive cash flow is from capital raise. So not a great quarter. Looks like the cash burn from Q1 continued into Q2. Musk's promise to spend everything and pour it into FSD seems to be true. But we also have to extend the timeline from the original 2 year to 5 years of cash burn for FSD. Shanghai might be able to change the picture as it could contribute to positive margin. But we won't know till next year.

Let’s look at cash: how reliable will this kind of FCF be going forward? If Tesla can generate some +2bn in cash a year, I don’t think the rest matters to them all that much any longer...

At the end of the report, under "Outlook":

We believe our business has grown to the point of being self-funding.

I've been in since 2012. This is a huge deal; remember when they first started producing Model S at scale. :cool:

Tesla Earnings

Everything you need to know.
Bought PUT options at the close today.

upload_2019-7-24_16-5-8.png

Ya... well, $2.4 bil of that positive cash flow is from capital raise. So not a great quarter. Looks like the cash burn from Q1 continued into Q2. Musk's promise to spend everything and pour it into FSD seems to be true. But we also have to extend the timeline from the original 2 year to 5 years of cash burn for FSD. Shanghai might be able to change the picture as it could contribute to positive margin. But we won't know till next year.

The cash raise is not included in that. For that, you’re looking at $3bn total(hence why they started the quarter with $2bn and ended with 5)