Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rollcage doesn't count per Porsche
Porsche welcomes a Tesla Nurburgring lap attempt

"That's obviously going to limit their relevance of what they've been doing," he(Klaus Zellmer) added, pointing out that the Taycan lap was performed on a series-production car rolling on series-production tires. "

So Tesla can roll out a "Nürburgring Option", which is a stock Raven Model S, with proper racing tires installed. Everything else is stock, plus Track Mode via OTA update.

Problem solved! :D

Rollcage doesn't count per Porsche
Porsche welcomes a Tesla Nurburgring lap attempt

"That's obviously going to limit their relevance of what they've been doing," he(Klaus Zellmer) added, pointing out that the Taycan lap was performed on a series-production car rolling on series-production tires. "
Convenient. Tesla can quickly offer aftermarket tires etc. on the website for 100k. Bam, still counts.

I wonder what the actual range is going to be on these cars. VW is usually pretty dishonest with their descriptions and seems that they weren't 100% clear here either.

Depends if you include wind drag at sea level, or maybe a level ground and a skinny kid driving.

I think this meets a need (to go to the store anyway), and way to go on the price VW (~$10K, wow). I think the commuter is on Elon's roadmap as mentioned in the past (OK, maybe a bit bigger battery), but there's still a market gap for most people's wallet (they think).

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Here's the list of Laguna Seca lap times:

The fastest 4-door sedan appears to be the BMW M5, with a lap time of 1:39.81:

Note that the Model 3 Performance set a 1:37 IIRC - and it's not in this list.

The BMW M5 has a Nürburgring Nordschleife record of 7:38 - better than the Taycan's 7:42.

So if the Model S beats the BMW M5 on Laguna Seca, it has a good shot at beating the Taycan on the Nürburgring. ;)

Porsche pulled the perfect "end of quarter demand lever" for the Model S. :D

Hate to be the negative one but Laguna Seca is a much shorter track where cooling is not going to be much of an issue. So this time is great but it doesn’t mean much for the ring.

Is this the reason for the bump (all week really, just accelerating up today)?
I was thinking of selling a bit, until I looked at my last buy prices... right here. Best just leave it alone, I can't even skim it properly here.
I don't think this has anything to do with Aug sales estimates. IIRC after insideev numbers came about, the SP actually dropped a bit.

Someone is buying either long term or prepping for Q3 delivery report. Or they have some information that is not public.

It could also be the same buyer who was accumulating before the macros tanked on tariff news. Now that macro news has stabilized, they are buying again.

And the winner for worst timing of a bearish article goes to:
It's Still Not Time to Buy Tesla Stock
Investor Place

Think he wrote it some time back and only now gets published, this, f.i. was amicably resolved, no?

Then there was the recent lawsuit from Walmart (NYSE:WMT), which has alleged that SolarCity panels have resulted in seven fires at its stores. The company is now demanding the removal of the solar panels in over 240 locations.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
No. Cannot find the tweet right now, but last year Ihor Dusaniwsky wrote in pretty unflattering terms about the Tesla shorts. You might disagree with him, but he's no #TSLAQ tool.

Definitely not #TSLAQ, but I'm not sure I'd say he referred to them in "pretty unflattering terms". He's described them as being "unicorns" and, IIRC, "teflon". When asked about them their tenacity he acknowledges it and that it is unusual. At least, until $BYND. Now those shorts sure know how to lose money...

What is "meh" rally?:confused:

Honestly, I think @ihors3 is right on this. At this point there's nothing sustained (yet) and it sure isn't rocketing up. In fact, it was at this level not very long ago. As someone else said, 1.5% each day for month? That would be a nice rally (20 trading days at 1.5% is >34%).

Might be but they might hedge via other means like derivatives or act outside of regulatory boundaries. Not all shorts are oil funded with eternal deep pockets. There might also be a switch between different types of shorts.

I just find it odd that Igor is so eager to assure us that shorts are not blinking. Imagine he would say they blink, the hell might break loose, and he wouldn't be able to do business with them anymore. As those are his business partners and probably data suppliers, he has to do them a favour every now and then, especially if things are burning. So he can't say if shorts panic, even if it is true, and he can't stay quiet, even if he is not a TSLAQ per se.

Call it the paranoid me if you want...

Remember that the information his company sells is primarily of interest to shorts.

• GF3 Shanghai Phase 2 construction has begun
  • EU sales tracking 20-30% above 2019Q2
  • Tesla will taycon Porsche at the Nürburgring
  • Celebrity F1 Driver volunteers to drive for Tesla
  • Model S now owns fastest lap for 4-dr sedan at Laguna Seca
Yup. No news whatsoever. /S
I see what you did there.

Why not calling it Tayken Package? ;);)

thai-khan-koon.jpg

Wouldn’t a vehicle that was going to be in “Mass Production” in 2nd half 2020 start having its GA installed by Q4 2019? It takes some time to install and work the kinks out of a new vehicle and new production automation processes doesn’t it? I would be shocked if Tesla was going to wait until Q1 or Q2 before starting the Y production line install and testing.
Will be 2+ MY GA lines.

We're getting paid by the page, right??
Cat pics...

5% up on being totally over-sold on the back of disaster Q1 and accompanying FUD ever since. In the meantime, M3 is sustainably scaled af Fremont, orders going into Q3 were net increasing, Q2 with strong FCF, Q3 looking like another record month for deliveries.

I'd say there's lots of news, almost daily, just that some are, perhaps, beginning to realise it.
When TSLA eventually goes up, it probably won't be on any news that we are going to be very surprised about. It will be surreal - why are people thinking this was the moment? - we will say. Not that we will be complaining.