Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The stripped out interior is a bummer, if true. The rest of the modifications could be made for sale, but stripping he interior seems extreme.

I've not seen one shred of evidence of them being stripped out. The FUD crowd has been screaming that since the cars showed up, not a single picture to back up their claims

New video from Nürburgring by engineer taking part in the industry pool sessions, filmed during his ice cream break - looks seriously fast. This could be the real thing, IIRC today Tesla got the track to itself. Some informative comments on genereal situation there:
I bet your Model S can’t do this... Nürburgring earlier. : teslamotors

Some more info here, looks like IRC and they attempted to get faster but just repeated the same time of 7:23 again: Modded Tesla Model S Beats Porsche Taycan by 20 Seconds at Nurburgring

It will be a few degrees (celcius) warmer on Saturday. That could shave off a few seconds due to the air being less dense. Driving fully charged - if that wasn't the case yet - will definitely help too. A time just under 7:20 should be possible.

I've not seen one shred of evidence of them being stripped out. The FUD crowd has been screaming that since the cars showed up, not a single picture to back up their claims

I Agree I haven't seen any proof of this. but for the Porsche based on the race buckets and missing pieces (see dash clock) and full roll cage. This practice seems to be ignored for them by the MSM and amplified when its a tesla.

The stripped out interior is a bummer, if true. The rest of the modifications could be made for sale, but stripping the interior seems extreme.
Stripping out the interior is pretty normal. You have to do it anyway to put in regulation roll bars. (It's generally not a good plan to weld in the interior of a car when the seats and carpeting are in).

Right before Q2 results, Elon posted a picture of rocket and the moon. Some people read too much into it, didn't work so well for them.

Agreed. I'm (making an attempt at) keeping expectations somewhat subdued even though all signs so far seem to point towards an incredible quarter.

Sorry for repeating each quarter...BUT......never try to correlate an EM tweet/mood/picture with an upcoming known announcement concerning Tesla/TSLA.........Be it the production number or ER.......

This stripped down S crap is pure nonsense. If the Porsche has a roll cage, it's stripped out as well. The heavy parts are things like power seats, airbags etc. If Tesla took the extra step to remove a door panel it's hardly a big factor.

Stripping out the interior is pretty normal. You have to do it anyway to put in regulation roll bars. (It's generally not a good plan to weld in the interior of a car when the seats and carpeting are in).
And zero chance they added everything back after the fact.

sep18short.jpg

Percentage of selling tagged to TSLA short-sellers on Sep 18, 2019 = 55%
from www.volumebot.com

Now Mr. Papafox, please relax here at the Wall Street psychiatric clinic.
My first question is, "Just when did you develop this crazy phobia that someone out there was manipulating the "sugar" out of your stock?"

The stripped out interior is a bummer, if true. The rest of the modifications could be made for sale, but stripping the interior seems extreme.

You know what it also "seems" to be? Bull****.

Passenger seat? Present:

EErt0cCXYAEm5AV

Passenger door trim and upholstery? Present.

EEruDKIWwAARPm3

Driver's side? Same:

EEr7Q3dW4AE8Wo2

There's apparently half a million photographers out there. So far nobody has photographed *anything* stripped.

Interesting, @Troy is reporting that the Model 3 Performance take-rate has increased in Q3 significantly:

Troy Teslike on Twitter

"#Tesla Model 3 Performance sales are on the rise. Based on my survey, 31% of Model 3 sales in Q3 2019 are the Performance version compared to 20% in Q2 2019."

Q4 2018 9%
Q1 2019 16%
Q2 2019 20%
Q3 2019 31%​

This should explain continued Model S weakness, a lot of cannibalization by the M3P. This should also be pretty good for Q3 Model 3 margins.

I'd also guess that a M3P cash margin is probably equivalent or perhaps better than the 75 kWh Model S's margin was? So 75 kWh discontinuation and sales lost to the M3P will actually improve overall cash income. (shout-out to @EVNow)

I regret to say I think the permabear @Teslacharts is probably right here:
TeslaCharts on Twitter
"In Netherlands, Norway and Spain, quarter-to-date Performance is 3.9% of the mix. In Texas, the second biggest state for them, it is 13.6%. Per JL Warren, China is 50-60% SR+. I can verify Canada is 80+% SR+. This tweet is simply wrong."

I verified just Norway, Netherlands and Spain, I don't know about others. As TC says, probably this reflects participation rate differences in the survey.

I regret to say I think the permabear @Teslacharts is probably right here:
TeslaCharts on Twitter
"In Netherlands, Norway and Spain, quarter-to-date Performance is 3.9% of the mix. In Texas, the second biggest state for them, it is 13.6%. Per JL Warren, China is 50-60% SR+. I can verify Canada is 80+% SR+. This tweet is simply wrong."

I verified just Norway, Netherlands and Spain, I don't know about others. As TC says, probably this reflects participation rate differences in the survey.

I'm no fan of Troy, but to his defense, one potential possible source of bias is orders vs. deliveries. The EU mix always lags the current pricing scheme because of longer delivery times. E.g. SR deliveries were low in July when they were high in the US, simply because of delivery lag. Raven deliveries, likewise, showed up much later in Europe than in the US.

Canada can be expected to be overwhelmingly SR+ because of the structure of their federal tax credit.

Take any bear numbers about Texas with a grain of salt. That sounds like their "Covfefe Capital" model, which is just some random guy's computer program.

You know what it also "seems" to be? Bull****.

There's apparently half a million photographers out there. So far nobody has photographed *anything* stripped.

I heard rumours of someone clearing the browser cache. And someone definately did reset the trip meters. Both!