Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something I noticed with a little digging. The Tesla Model 3 is the ONLY midsized luxury car that gets the 'TOP SAFETY PICK+' without an astrix.

iihsplus.jpg

German media is picking up the taycant website:
Of course, they did not properly investigate the owner of this website ;)

German text:
"Einen giftigen Seitenhieb auf Porsche hat Tesla übrigens im Internet versteckt. Die Amerikaner haben sich die Webadresse "www.taycant.com" gesichert, was soviel heißt wie: "Der Taycan kann es nicht." Tippt man die Adresse in die Browserzeile, wird man direkt zur Tesla-Webseite umgeleitet. Die Porsche-Dominanz auf den Rennstrecken dieser Welt könnte jedenfalls bald Geschichte sein."

Translation:
"By the way, Tesla hid a poisonous swipe at Porsche on the Internet. The Americans have secured the web address" www.taycant.com ", which means" The Taycan can not do it. "Typing the address into the browser line will redirect directly to the Tesla website. The Porsche dominance on the racetracks of this world could soon be history. "

Tesla blamiert Porsche: Model S auf der Nordschleife 20 Sekunden schneller als Taycan
Sounds like defamation suit against @anthonyj is coming, hope he lawyered up.

I'm really curious about Norway. Right now QTD deliveries are down 35% in Norway. Is it a late surge this quarter? Did demand get hurt by bad service stories? Whatever is going on the Netherlands is more than soaking up this demand. Their QTD deliveries are up 150% and therefore the Norway + Netherlands + Spain number is up 24%.

Yes it's curious. All I know is that I read on a Norwegian forum about several new TM3 owners who are getting their cars next week.

Could be Netherlands have a priority for the rest of the year since they change EV policies from 2020?

I'm really curious about Norway. Right now QTD deliveries are down 35% in Norway. Is it a late surge this quarter? Did demand get hurt by bad service stories? Whatever is going on the Netherlands is more than soaking up this demand. Their QTD deliveries are up 150% and therefore the Norway + Netherlands + Spain number is up 24%.

We seem to go through this every quarter where one market in particular has lower deliveries than the previous.....while other markets see big increases in deliveries. Netherlands is super high this quarter, UK is a new and large market that has to get deliveries, Japan, Australia, etc....

It just simply theres only so much production to go around. It actually makes more logistic sense to deliver to certain markets in batches when you're production constrained. Hopefully going forward with Giga3 is operational and handling the Asian markets, they'll be able to supply Europe demand evenly

Now that Neroden’s not active, is it safe to say Boring Co. could be the 3rd trillion dollar company?

I actually believe it has more potential than Tesla or SpaceX.

I'd like to see Boring implement the LA to San Francisco route that the rail attempt is so far failing at. Hyperloop for direct and Loop for commuters.

If you can build N cars and a lot of cars go to countries A (Netherlands), B (UK), C (Australia), D (Japan), etc...there are less that can go to country D (Norway). I think that's likely most of what we're seeing.

If you can build N cars and a lot of cars go to countries A (Netherlands), B (UK), C (Australia), D (Japan), etc...there are less that can go to country D (Norway). I think that's likely most of what we're seeing.

And Tesla have reason to prioritise Netherlands, US and China in 2H19 given upcoming subsidy cuts/tariff increases.
There is also reason to prioritise production for the new markets (UK, Australia, Japan, Korea, NZ) over Norway given these customers have been waiting for far longer to order.

Last edited:
Yahoo finance new feed - China Gigafactory won't start volume production until Q2 2020...source CNBC....who's source is JL Warren Capital.......who's talking out of his *as. Not surprised. Sure let's ignore all photographic and news evidence and news that shows impending initial production....let's just say it's 9 months away :rolleyes:

I think he is right. Volume production (10,000 per week in China) will not be reached until Q2.

They intentionally dialed Norway back in late Q2, oddly delivering SR+ all across Europe except their #1 market. I think some of it is service issues - the complaints and bad press were getting serious enough to start damaging the brand. Norway is also the world's first mature EV market. Mature markets have different dynamics - when the pie stops growing every new entrant means smaller slices for the incumbents.

Meanwhile, the Netherlands is Tesla's new #1 market in Europe. The crazy surge there is probably temporary, driven by a looming EOY change in their BIK incentive structure. We could see the UK take over the #1 spot next year.
It actually makes more logistic sense to deliver to certain markets in batches when you're production constrained.
No, batch delivery overloads delivery and service personnel in one market while leaving employees in other markets idle.

They intentionally dialed Norway back in late Q2, oddly delivering SR+ all across Europe except their #1 market. I think some of it is service issues - the complaints and bad press were getting serious enough to start damaging the brand. Norway is also the world's first mature EV market. Mature markets have different dynamics - when the pie stops growing every new entrant means smaller slices for the incumbents.

Meanwhile, the Netherlands is Tesla's new #1 market in Europe. The crazy surge there is probably temporary, driven by a looming EOY change in their BIK incentive structure. We could see the UK take over the #1 spot next year.

No, batch delivery overloads delivery and service personnel in one market while leaving employees in other markets idle.

It's circumstantial and I'm not talking about it in the context of how they handled Norway in the first quarter they got deliveries.The number of countries they are shipping to have grown quite a bit. Its logistically worse to load ships with cars that are set to be evenly distributed across every European market verses focusing on say 4 European markets as the main ones for the quarter. I'm not talking about overloading one specific market with cars and barely sending any cars to other markets