Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Odd to see tesla down today.
Any new information

I think it’s becoming clear that Tesla’s Q3 deliveries between 79,000 - 82,000 will fall well short of FactSet consensus of 97,000 deliveries, unfortunately. This will make it impossible for Tesla to hit low end of annual guidance at 360,000 deliveries, so we’ll likely see some sort of revision lower either with the P&D report or at earnings.

Not an advice.

I think you have to acknowledge that the UK may take 4000+ Model 3s in Q3 (2082 in August alone) and this will offset some of the decline in the Continent numbers for Q3. And, to look in the opposite direction: Australia and New Zealand may account for a couple of thousand vehicles in Q3:
They can only deliver what they can make and ship... as far as I know they're not building for inventory so every car built is (or will soon be) a car delivered and sold.

They can only deliver what they can make and ship... as far as I know they're not building for inventory so every car built is (or will soon be) a car delivered and sold.

And Japan.
And South Korea(?).
And Taiwan(?).

Meanwhile, if you trust InsideEVs, the US is up QoQ. The NY data (the only actual legit state data I've seen - if anyone has more, please show it) supports the InsideEVs numbers.

EU numbers are as a whole rocking it. Even without the UK juicing the numbers. Mainly thanks to the Netherlands, but hey, sales are sales ;)

Reports on the ground in China are that sales are going crazy after the tax exemption.

I see no way in which this is not a great quarter.

Last edited:
I would love the insideevs estimates to be true but I don't want to be caught in confirmation bias. I would love to see actual registration data similar to netherlands, norway and spain for US states.
Insideevs use whatever registration data is available. If CA starts giving registration information like Norway - we can then get better idea of the US sales - until then Insideevs is the best public info we have.

ps : State registration data will still have a lot of lag - and given Tesla's penchant for selling a lot of vehicles in the last two weeks, even if we had all state's registration data, it would still be error prone, unless the data lag was very low.

Last edited:
Just to be clear - are we still joking around here, or do people actually believe this?
Karen...
Get with the program
We all expect Tesla to ship no more than 666 cars this quarter, which is really quite good for a company that has already gone bankwupt numerous times since its inception

Soooo, any inside poop on what happened regarding the Nurburgring breakdown? Inquiring minds want to know.

nothing to report on this. Prototype car needed to get towed could have broken some steering part or any number of things.. Tesla has packed up both cars and left Germany already. that video was Before some later runs. So based on that it was something easily fixed.