Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IN MY OPINION, its just a small sliver of the student body here in the US. Not a negative, just stating a fact.

which is it, a fact or an opinion?

Either way, If it was only a tiny sliver concerned about climate change, that is unambiguously a negative thing, and i am really confused as to how on earth you could think it's not.

Regardless, allow me to contradict your factpinion with some actual reporting:

What's behind the youth movement to tackle climate change? Fear — but also hope

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scie...36da1c-d639-11e9-9610-fb56c5522e1c_story.html

'I want a future.' Global Climate Strike draws out hundreds of thousands of protesters in New York, DC

https://www.usnews.com/news/world-r...0/youth-climate-activists-lead-global-strikes

nothing to report on this. Prototype car needed to get towed could have broken some steering part or any number of things.. Tesla has packed up both cars and left Germany already. that video was Before some later runs. So based on that it was something easily fixed.

With the parts / service delay, the prototype might be out of service for a month.

Like my car...

which is it, a fact or an opinion?

Either way, If it was only a tiny sliver concerned about climate change, that is unambiguously a negative thing, and i am really confused as to how on earth you could think it's not.

Regardless, allow me to contradict your factpinion with some actual reporting:

What's behind the youth movement to tackle climate change? Fear — but also hope

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scie...36da1c-d639-11e9-9610-fb56c5522e1c_story.html

'I want a future.' Global Climate Strike draws out hundreds of thousands of protesters in New York, DC

https://www.usnews.com/news/world-r...0/youth-climate-activists-lead-global-strikes

My opinion based on my conversations with the many students I come in contact with. If you want to believe this a ground swell movement, ok then....................................Just a side note, notice in the links you provided the biggest crowds were outside of the US, some of the bigger ones in Europe.

Reactions: aubreymcfato
$240 still appears to be the Max Pain target. The manipulators seem to be in smooth control as we head toward the options expiration. Of course that could change.
Do you think there will be positive pressure on Monday to counter act the quadruple downward pressure today?

Meaning, any idea if the short sellers opened short positions today that they will sell on Monday or if they bought long positions in the previous day or so with the intention of closing today with a lot of sell orders?

• Funny
Reactions: jbcarioca
Tesla Model S prototype breaks down, Porsche Taycan drives by, and TSLA shorts go crazy - Electrek

Tesla-Model-S-plaid-broken-down-porsche-Taycan.jpg

Thank you Electrek, I did not know which car was the Tesla, or the Porsche. Good Grief :rolleyes::D

My opinion based on my conversations with the many students I come in contact with. If you want to believe this a ground swell movement, ok then....................................Just a side note, notice in the links you provided the biggest crowds were outside of the US, some of the bigger ones in Europe.
I don't think Americans are very keen on large protests compared to our Euro and Asian counterparts.

What does that actually mean? Sorry, I'm clueless.

Dan
"FTFY is not a misspelling of “fifty.” It stands for “fixed that for you,” and is frequently deployed when Redditors fix each others' typos, or amend comments for comedic effect. QFT is not an abbreviation of “queefed.” It translates to “quote for truth,” and can be used in pretty much the same way as “true that.”Apr 3, 2015"​

GIYF

Somehow I suspect even many of us are losing the forest for the trees.

You mean we should stop trying to count the unknowable deliveries in each country and adding them up to come to some sort of rough approximation of how Tesla is doing? Maybe we should just look at all the cars and say "My, oh my, that's a lot of cars!".

I tried to count the trees in a small forest once. I knew there was a lot but my numbers would never agree. It seems I kept missing some.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
what on earth does any of this have to do with him crapping on U.S. high school students? i know lots of them and they're all way more well informed on climate change than your average middle aged Texas adult.
I don't doubt that this is true [well informed], but they don't talk about it in school because it's repressed.

Reactions: Skryll and Unpilot
@FreqFlyer is correct - an elephant is very much like a wall.
@Pezpunk is correct - an elephant is very much like a rope!
@jbcarioca is correct - there is an ELEPHANT in the room.

Back on topic...
...Cat.[/QUOTE]
Some of the children in the US may understand the climate change issues but may find school gun violence to be a more pressing issue. I know that is the case for my grandchildren who caused my family to participate in March for Our Lives. School striking in rural Trump area is difficult enough on one issue for a child.

@FreqFlyer is correct - an elephant is very much like a wall.
@Pezpunk is correct - an elephant is very much like a rope!
@jbcarioca is correct - there is an ELEPHANT in the room.

Oh please, but it's after hours and a weekend! Can I have just one more off-topic, since you're talking about elephants?

Q: How do you get two elephants in a Tesla?
A: Open the rear doors, fold down the back seats, slide open the lower compartment for extra space, shove the elephants in, and shut the doors.

Q: How do you get two giraffes in a Tesla?
A: Open the rear doors, fold down the back seats, get the elephants out, shove the giraffes in, roll down the windows, and shut the doors.

Q: How do you get two whales in a Tesla?
A: Take the M4 west from London and take the bridge over the River Severn.

Oh please, but it's after hours and a weekend! Can I have just one more off-topic, since you're talking about elephants?

Q: How do you get two elephants in a Tesla?
A: Open the rear doors, fold down the back seats, slide open the lower compartment for extra space, shove the elephants in, and shut the doors.

Q: How do you get two giraffes in a Tesla?
A: Open the rear doors, fold down the back seats, get the elephants out, shove the giraffes in, roll down the windows, and shut the doors.

Q: How do you get two whales in a Tesla?
A: Take the M4 west from London and take the bridge over the River Severn.

Honestly. This is probably the best piece of English literature I have read on this forum in months...maybe forever.

Posts about the number of students in a given state or school discussing climate change are missing the point.

That’s the equivalent of bemoaning the current price of TSLA. What matters is not the status quo but the direction of movement. If we can identify the trend, we can predict the future.

Here’s Greta just over a year ago.

upload_2019-9-21_8-20-21.jpeg

Looking at the pics of tens and hundreds of thousands today, surely we can agree on direction of momentum.

It’s good for Earth, good for Tesla, good for TSLA.
Cheers