Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, but I think a Daimler AG high level manager tweeting falsehoods about Tesla in a mocking tone is a whole new level of FUD ...

Except he's the one who looks like an idiot...

upload_2019-9-23_18-18-5.png

I've kinda taken the "who cares" perspective now. Sure. No official time yet. Tesla will eventually do an official lap with a production car.

I was reminded of the whole Porsche vs Tesla on the Ring thing when watching this fb video rap war between McD and KFC. Near the end of the vid, the employees of the two fast food chains shake hands and hug, which exemplifies to me that their battle ends up being a win/win for both sides. Ultimately, both Tesla and Porsche win from the battle on the Ring.

Why Americans Don’t Buy Electric Cars

Man, they are still trying... these articles get sillier and sillier.

Devil's advocate... What's incorrect about this? Even the part about googling is true (just because media is biased doesn't mean the statement is false). I think most people are turned off by EVs like it's an old rumor or something.

I was soaking in a jacuzzi at Lake Powell this weekend, and caught all sorts of negative remarks about Tesla in the tub. Not true, but it's what people believe. One guy was saying that the ONLY reason Tesla is successful is because of gov't subsidies. Whao! When I clarified that these were for consumers, he said no it's Tesla (is he talking about ZEV credits there?). Then he stated that Elon was a jerk but smart to take advantage of the system. Oh and nothing good to say about solar city (still losing money), then went on to say how he was saving money on his electric bill because of his solar lease with someone (he didn't say).

Point is, unless I missed something, the article is a sad fact - only meant to show the undertow we all see happening. Without counter facts, yes it's FUD.

FYI, I scared the crap out of our passengers using AP in Zion Parks. I showed this curve in another thread... it's the new tech adoption curve. I still think we're still in the 13.5% part of the adoption curve, meaning the remaining aren't ready yet. (Don't need to post it again, you know the curve.) These things take time.

According to "several sources" 2414 Model 3 were shipped to Australia so far:
The stunning Model 3 delivery numbers that will rock Australia's car industry | The Driven
Maybe you can use that for your estimates @Troy .

I do believe Tesla is also selling like hot cakes in New Zealand -and perhaps those 2400 plus vehicles includes a few hundred for NZ. They all go on the same containerships...just different discharge ports..

NZ Model 3 Registrations

about 300+ so far

Devil's advocate... What's incorrect about this? Even the part about googling is true (just because media is biased doesn't mean the statement is false). I think most people are turned off by EVs like it's an old rumor or something.

I was soaking in a jacuzzi at Lake Powell this weekend, and caught all sorts of negative remarks about Tesla in the tub. Not true, but it's what people believe. One guy was saying that the ONLY reason Tesla is successful is because of gov't subsidies. Whao! When I clarified that these were for consumers, he said no it's Tesla (is he talking about ZEV credits there?). Then he stated that Elon was a jerk but smart to take advantage of the system. Oh and nothing good to say about solar city (still losing money), then went on to say how he was saving money on his electric bill because of his solar lease with someone (he didn't say).

Point is, unless I missed something, the article is a sad fact - only meant to show the undertow we all see happening. Without counter facts, yes it's FUD.

FYI, I scared the crap out of our passengers using AP in Zion Parks. I showed this curve in another thread... it's the new tech adoption curve. I still think we're still in the 13.5% part of the adoption curve, meaning the remaining aren't ready yet. (Don't need to post it again, you know the curve.) These things take time.

Yeah, I read the article and thought “hey the only thing wrong with this article is the title. It should be “Why Are Americans So Clueless About Electric Cars (and Tesla)”.

I'm all up for someone going on Twitter to respond to that nonsense but to me at least, the damage has already done to Porsche's image and other auto makers images that sell their high end cars as performance ones. The 7:23 lap time was all over the place and news. The fact that Elon and Tesla is openly saying we'll be back next month, we'll be even faster, and the final production model will be even faster than that really took whatever wind was left in Porsche's sails away

Serious question, do you really believe that?

Serious question, do you really believe that?

Considering Tesla has always hit their target specs and even exceeded them multiple times, yes, I 100% believe them if they say the production version will be faster than these prototypes. Tesla has been lousy about production deadlines and dates but they have never disappointed on their expectations of the specs of their cars

I wonder why tesla did not establish instant towing policy for supercharger. Everyone can call the contracted tow company number listed on the supercharger. Tow companies always love some new revenue stream.
I suspect that's based more on the landowner and/or agreement with them than strictly Tesla's call.

This is even worse.

"NIO Inc., the company known as China’s Tesla...."

Really? Said who? Bloomberg? I think Nio is known as Nio to anyone not trying to get a cheap click.

China's Tesla Battles for Survival

This headline literally makes it sound as if Tesla in China is about to collapse - as if they can't get the factory built or something.

I'm really getting sick of the entire news media. No one can report outside their agenda.

In other news, the German GM* is giving up on the development of ICEs!

*Daimler