Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A petrol station in Oslo, Norway is the first in the world to remove gas pumps to make room for charging stations.

XtoWTgW.jpg

A googly translation:
A Circle K station in Oslo has now become somewhat historic: For the first time in the world, diesel / petrol pumps have been replaced by quick and lightning chargers.

Earlier today, there were line cutting and flower bouquets at the Circle K station at Alexander Kielland's square in Oslo - on the occasion that an electric car charging station has taken the place of a traditional fuel pump.

- We have never done this before. There is a fierce battle for the square meters at gas stations, says Norwegian Chief of Circle K, Sverre Rosén.

- We do not know that a change from pump to charger has been made elsewhere in the world, for us it is a very clear indication of what change time we are in when we break this barrier, Rosén continues.​

Source:
Første bensinstasjon ut: Byttet ut drivstoffpumper med hurtigladere

Amex announced a huge buyback today. With ~30% of TSLA stock being short, how fraudulent would it be to run a coordinated cash infusion and share buyback?

Wouldn't a monied partner with $10B make a nice quick chunk on the side if Tesla took half that $10B and bought back shares? Do large investors ever propose induced short squeezes rather than slow accumulation?

I ordered another M3 today. Online delivery estimate is November.

Within two hours (!) Tesla called and asked me to pay for the car and take delivery on Saturday. I asked to change the hour of the delivery and had the impression, not many delivery slots still open in Munich.

Must have been lucky with my configuration: White/white MP3 without FSD.

Looking for good delivery numbers in Germany/Europe. Should be great for margin and stock price.

Amex announced a huge buyback today. With ~30% of TSLA stock being short, how fraudulent would it be to run a coordinated cash infusion and share buyback?

Wouldn't a monied partner with $10B make a nice quick chunk on the side if Tesla took half that $10B and bought back shares? Do large investors ever propose induced short squeezes rather than slow accumulation?

if Elon would change his collateral from TSLA to his stake in SpaceX it will be enough to squeeze shorts nicely. As all/most of his collateral in Tesla stock is available to short.

If this is true, why hasn't he already done it?

It is much easier to take out loans against public stock rather than private stock so Elon likely gets a cheaper rate with Tesla.
I don't know if Elon's Tesla stock used as collateral is actually held by the lending bank (potentially allowing the bank to make these shares available for shorts) - the shares could instead still be held by Elon just with security interests over the shares held by the bank.

I'm all up for someone going on Twitter to respond to that nonsense but to me at least, the damage has already done to Porsche's image and other auto makers images that sell their high end cars as performance ones. The 7:23 lap time was all over the place and news. The fact that Elon and Tesla is openly saying we'll be back next month, we'll be even faster, and the final production model will be even faster than that really took whatever wind was left in Porsche's sails away
LOL, it is screamingly obvious what happened to Daimler this morning: a *sugar* ton of reservation holders for the EQC called up and cancelled their orders.

"Win on Sunday; Sell on Monday." Or in Damlier's case: "Em-bare-assed on the weekend; sore-assed on Monday" :p

Mercedes is panicking. They have nothing to respond with in their product pipeline for the impending Plaid Model X, an SUV that will trounce an AMG 63 coupe around the 'ring with 7 pax. Hence the venom-favored tweet from their Jr. VP of KantGottNothingburg.

Go Tesla! Go Plaid! :D

Cheers!

There's been discussion about Battery Investor Day and debate as to how Tesla is going to massively scale up batteries. I imagine freely publishing this research helps other companies' battery research efforts a lot. Note the quote below:

A Wide Range of Testing Results on an Excellent Lithium-Ion Cell Chemistry to be used as Benchmarks for New Battery Technologies
(link to PDF of article)

Full details of these cells including electrode compositions, elec-trode loadings, electrolyte compositions, additives used, etc. have been provided in contrast to literature reports using commercial cells. This has been done so that others can re-create these cells and use them as benchmarks for their own R+D efforts be they in the spaces of Li-ion cells or “beyond Li-ion cells”.

The comments on youtube/twitter videos showing Greta's speeches were a complete eye-opener for me. It saddens me that these are the type of people that are so prevalent on the internet, publically spewing hate online.
It's not all videos. This one has a lot of good comments:
I've noticed something lately. If you're early and leave a well written and humble comment to an article or video then that will often change how the rest of the comments evolve. Tslaq and other haters seem to fear logical and level headed arguments like nothing else.

Weird comment. I'm going to take advantage of what they offered me with absolutely no coaxing or prodding on my end. It's gonna get them good press, and they probably already know that. Besides who says I can't buy one that day? Weird comment.
Tesla is in EOQ crunch mode. If there isn't a realistic chance you will buy a car that day, it's insensitive to do this this weekend instead of waiting until October.

Regarding the Jack Rickard video, the relationship between the car and it'a owner regarding repairs is changing massively.

Old paradigm:
Car repaired by Owner

New paradigm:
Car managed by Tesla. Leasing Co leases from Tesla. Taxi Co leases from leasing Co. Leasing Co contracts with repair facility (likely to be Tesla even past warranty). Car repaired by repair shop. Customer uses taxi as a service.

Tesla are doing just fine.

I've noticed something lately. If you're early and leave a well written and humble comment to an article or video then that will often change how the rest of the comments evolve. Tslaq and other haters seem to fear logical and level headed arguments like nothing else.

Definitely. They need you to "freak out". They need you to "take the bait". They may even insinuate you have done this when you haven't. The purest form of magic is to state the truth clearly and calmly.