Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. I sold short dated 230 puts on this spike down. Definitely not something I recommend most of this forum do. But it’s a common sense trade based on what I believe is happening.

I'm buying off the upper end of my call-spreads in advance of delivery numbers. I'll have to buy them anyway to roll the spread after deliveries; today looks like a good day to do it.

Although the drop today could be due to Bloomberg's "China's Tesla" article, it could also be due to the articles on the details in the Solar City lawsuit with new claims about Musk misleading investors - I think that is more likely.
That nonsense has been going on for years. Nothing new.

New claims or the one filed in 2016 by 8 shareholders?
It's not a new lawsuit, but new details of the complaint were unredacted yesterday and have been reported in a number of articles (e.g. claims that Musk was not recused when he said he was, Solar City's cash issues were not accurately disclosed, and inadequate financial models were used by the advisory firm).

I cannot believe it is as simple as saying China's Tesla is bankrupt ...and yet it is.

As this is a big world I am certain that an EV car company is going bankrupt on a regular basis. I look forward to India's Tesla, Kazakhstan's Tesla and Sri Lanka's Tesla bankruptcy headlines cratering the stock. I am certain that the shorts had no idea it was so easy either. They must feel they hit the mother lode.

It's not a new lawsuit, but new details of the complaint were unredacted yesterday and have been reported in a number of articles (e.g. claims that Musk was not recused when he said he was, Solar City's cash issues were not accurately disclosed, and inadequate financial models were used by the advisory firm).

Plaintiff claims in a case like this, where the sale was overwhelmingly approved by shareholders, are not going to move the stock 5%. Actual major lawsuit news has trouble making 5% stock moves.

This is about NIO and its utter collapse. It's spooking people about EVs and China.

Plaintiff claims in a case like this, where the sale was overwhelmingly approved by shareholders, are not going to move the stock 5%. Actual major lawsuit news has trouble making 5% stock moves.

This is about NIO and its utter collapse. It's spooking people about EVs and China.

It's a bit like Apple falling 5% because Blackberry went bust... Like WTF?

All I can say at this point is that I am on tilt and that a 235 close would be lovely.

Don't know why the spin cannot be that as 'competition' goes down even more demand will be thrown towards Tesla. I guess I know the answers to all that, just not happy about it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger