Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on FB they even have a shuttle service from the Amsterdam Sloterdijk station to the place (docks?) where they deliver the cars. Seems to be very well organized (people are happy with the delivery experience in Amsterdam), not the usual last minute improvisation we’re used to from Tesla.

And there’s mention of an employee saying that the cars delivered in Amsterdam have a lot less transport damage than the ones arriving from Zeebrugge. The ones in Amsterdam are driven straight from the ship, the ones from Zeebrugge first have to be driven on and off a car trailer. So not only are the transport costs lower, so are the detailing costs. And customers are happier.

I saw on FB they even have a shuttle service from the Amsterdam Sloterdijk station to the place (docks?) where they deliver the cars. Seems to be very well organized (people are happy with the delivery experience in Amsterdam), not the usual last minute improvisation we’re used to from Tesla.

Last quarter’s improv is this quarter’s procedure. Iterate until ...well, just keep iterating...

Last quarter’s improv is this quarter’s procedure. Iterate until ...well, just keep iterating...

When I received my Model 3 on the last day of Q1 in Belgium, they were improvising on the spot. They started the day with the first delivery slot doing individual introductions to the car. Then found out they needed 48 hours in that day to deliver all the cars that way, and switched to group introductions, followed by ‘search your car on the lot and call us if you need help’.
I’m seeing very basic questions on the FB groups from new owners, Tesla probably decided that they could skip the introduction part. Which is probably fine by now as there is now a large density of owners with experience to ask questions to.

TSLAQ on Twitter openly admitting to their (extremely aggressive, a dozen times daily) campaign to try to scare off Tesla customers with cherry-picked hashtags, while pretending just to be "concerned citizens":

IMG_20190925_183652.jpg

Share this whenever you see them do it so that their "mark" knows what's going on!

You can find their "marks" by searching their hashtags or by browsing their accounts with a silent Twitter account (you'll get blocked if you say anything)

When I received my Model 3 on the last day of Q1 in Belgium, they were improvising on the spot. They started the day with the first delivery slot doing individual introductions to the car. Then found out they needed 48 hours in that day to deliver all the cars that way, and switched to group introductions, followed by ‘search your car on the lot and call us if you need help’.
I’m seeing very basic questions on the FB groups from new owners, Tesla probably decided that they could skip the introduction part. Which is probably fine by now as there is now a large density of owners with experience to ask questions to.

As an example, 15 minutes ago a (probably new) customer asks on the Benelux FB groups where the button for the flash lights is.

Edit: I meant ‘hazard warning flashers’, as they are called in the manual. Sorry, I’m not a native English speaker.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fact Checking
As an example, 15 minutes ago a (probably new) customer asks on the Benelux FB groups where the button for the flash lights is.

I'm sorry, it's probably the headlights or the high beams setting, but I'm suddenly picturing someone driving their car into their house to look for their lost keys, like people do with their phones.

Starting about 10 years ago Wawa started buying up all the most premium locations, huge parcels of land, and put in "super-Wawas". Problem is, all the traffic and profit is dependant of gasoline.

WaWa does purchase premium properties with great locations and large parking lots friendly to trucks. Their gas is a "no brand" and even when I did buy gasoline, I would never buy WaWa gas but that is just me. They are however, one of my favorite destinations mostly for their consistent and convenient food and drinks. If their stock was public, I would load up because they seems to be busy around the clock. They have premium locations and seems to have good management but that IPO is unlikely to happen. The first Super Charger I used was at a WaWa. They usually have 2 fuel islands and it would be easy to transition one to something else as fossil fuels go away:)

As to your comment on the Tesla SC being rather full of vehicles, that lot is pretty full. Can't be sure what if anything that means however since I don't know if that is normal for the end of quarter week.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
Well indeed, i cant see it hurting tesla SO FAR, but like I say, its techno geeks buying them now. We all know someone who when you ask them what car they have they say 'its a nice blue one'. Not everyone knows, or cares about the spec of a car, but everyone has an opinion on what color their car is.

We are in a bubble here of geeks, car-lovers and investors, we are not the average car buyer, especially at the lower-cost end. And as many people here have stated, EVEN if it cost a lot more, and EVEN if it made parts lower to get, there are definitely people out there who still want unusual colors. Those unusual colors are also free advertising because they get remarked upon.

When my sister buys a new car she knows she is going to buy a Honda or Toyota.

In our area there is a Toyota dealership right next door to a Honda dealership. She walks through the dealership and picks a car based on colors of exterior/interior and design details of exterior and interior. Something not too big nor too small.

Top Safety Pick Plus? MPG MPGe? That is a big nothing burger to her.

The best solution is to make a list of short videos. So owners and future customers can learn. If Tesla is tight on resource, they can even ask supporters to help create/maintain the videos. I know they have some videos here and there, but not nearly enough. Make each video 30 seconds to 1 minute long, focus on one feature/topic. Then group them, all safety topics in one folder. Make sure everyone went through the safety folder before they take delivery.

• Love
Reactions: UncaNed
The best solution is to make a list of short videos. So owners and future customers can learn. If Tesla is tight on resource, they can even ask supporters to help create/maintain the videos. I know they have some videos here and there, but not nearly enough. Make each video 30 seconds to 1 minute long, focus on one feature/topic. Then group them, all safety topics in one folder. Make sure everyone went through the safety folder before they take delivery.

That is exactly how Toyota does it. Tesla would do well to remember the geeks and techies have their cars already, Tesla is mainstream now and Mr. and Mrs Public have a hard enough time just pairing their phone to the radio.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.