Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The end of quarter push seems less frantic this time no? That suggests that either they don't care all that much to squeeze every drop, or they are comfortable with the numbers.

Also means much more efficient from a cost perspective on logistics. Also the reports of the deliveries being much cleaner, less defects from the shipping process bodes will for the financial side.

The end of quarter push seems less frantic this time no? That suggests that either they don't care all that much to squeeze every drop, or they are comfortable with the numbers.
They should be comfortable with the numbers, let's put things in perspective here.

In 2017, Tesla delivered 103,000 cars for the entire year. They could very well hit 103,000 sales in just Q3, and definitely in Q4 if they miss Q3.

Insane growth.

The Spring on Instagram: “A leaked email from Elon Musk claims Tesla could deliver over 100,000 vehicles in Q3 if the end-of-quarter delivery push goes as planned.…”

"Trump administration officials are discussing ways to limit U.S. investors’ portfolio flows into China in a move that would have repercussions for billions of dollars in investment pegged to major indexes, according to people familiar with the internal deliberations, Bloomberg News reports."

I'm really disappointed in you @HG Wells -- I did it exactly. I stood on my right foot with left foot never between 4 and 6 inches from the ground and recited the alphabet backwards seven times and nothing happened. You are shaking my faith in the Holy Elon Musk and his beneficent plan to relieve the masses of the drudgery of every day driving tasks.

That's it, the last straw. I've sold all of my $TSLA shares and purchased $NIO. Its a bargain, I can't understand why everyone doesn't do it: I just multiplied my investment by x137 shares!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Uh, oh, it seems you just invoked the wrath of the Great* OI

* Great strictly refers to size here (except for the hands), should have used the word Bigly maybe

Last edited:
Neither did on the first day.

I saw youtubbers plugging in and not getting those speeds.

It was later and software updates came in.

There's videos from people on Youtube right after the release getting those speeds. And there's videos of people today not getting them. 250kW was, and remains, in ideal conditions. Same story for Taycan's 270kW.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot? (us china trade war latest us weighs limits on portfolio inflows).The White House probably just wants to increase the pressure on the Chinese. Or whatever.
The Chinese government's dream comes true!

CCP has long pressured 'high quality companies' to list on the local stock market without much of a success. Big firms such as Alibaba and Tencent all have bulk of the the shares held by foreign investors, a great force to influence the business decisions in this firms.

Trump's stupid decision would be a huge win for the CCP and they can impose even more control over these firm and hurt the freedom of the people.

Last edited by a moderator:
3000 from the start of the day on Thursday = 9249. From the end of the day, 9790.

It’s actually 2800 and I believe the clock started ticking on Wednesday. Mind you, this is just Amsterdam. There are also deliveries taking place in Tilburg and Groningen. So 10,000 could be within reach for Q3.

My estimate for Q4: 15.000-20.000.

It’s actually 2800 and I believe the clock started ticking on Wednesday. Mind you, this is just Amsterdam. There are also deliveries taking place in Tilburg and Groningen. So 10,000 could be within reach for Q3.

My estimate for Q4: 15.000-20.000.

That moves the question: the start of Wednesday or the end of Wednesday? :)

Question #2: Wasn't there a taxation change at the start of this year also?

Thought..
As RORO heads into English Channel ... could a expert Prep team board the ship, work on all the cars in the Ship itself. At port there will be less work -- might save a few days for EOQ deliveries ;) .. or does Tesla already do this?
Very doubtful. There would be lots of liabilities and challenges to doing something like this, not to mention that there is very little room between vehicles on the ship, which would almost certainly prevent detailers from working on them.

• Informative
Reactions: elasalle
Neither did on the first day.

I saw youtubbers plugging in and not getting those speeds.

It was later and software updates came in.
His comment on the ravens is correct tho.. first ravens weren't released till months after v3 came out and therefore already had the patch to 200. As for model 3. They all could charge to 250 some needed software update.. the fact is the first gen taycan will Never charge at 350. Even the 270 is random right now (ive ive seen a couple videos where it did and lots where it doesnt break 220. )Hopefully it all gets sorted out. And hopefully NA CCS works at some point for tm3

Sure, Tesla’s “Smart Summon” Is Cool, But Is It Legal?

Click-bait article on Forbes that isn't worth your time. Here's an outline (non-paid) version, if you must: Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

Funny thing, their best justification for that silly FUD title came from our very own KbM3.

...That’s why it also stipulates that Smart Summon should be used only when the vehicle is within the owner’s line of sight. And yet, that may not be enough oversight. One member of Tesla Motors Club’s recounted a hiccup with the feature. The Tesla owner was unable to get the vehicle to approach him or even unlock the doors using Smart Summon. It turned out that he was watching the wrong silver Model 3 and didn’t see his vehicle waiting for him in the next parking row.

So I already have had a near fright on how flaky advanced summon is.

I was all excited to try it, and I kept pushing the button but nothing happened with the car. It looked like everything was OK from the phone, but the car wasn’t moving at all. Then when I got up to the car even my phone, which works 99.9% of the time, wouldn’t unlock the door.

It was only when I looked inside, I realized it wasn’t my midnight silver model three. Meanwhile my car had pulled out of its parking spot and driven about 20 feet down the adjacent parking lane :)