Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a true mystery that is baffling to me: Chinese national pride is huge, and rightfully so considering the transformation to an economic and military superpower during the past 50 years, and it just doesn't make any sense to me why they'd so visibly choose a U.S. company over a Chinese one.

Does anyone have any good explanation for this?
One of the bigger automakers like BYD want to pick up Nio for a song.

ps : A mistake a lot of foreigners make (about any country) is in thinking the country is monolithic with uniform priorities. Not so - there are lot of competitors and lobbies within every country.

Last edited:
He's in a really good mood, and his answers were perfect. No strain visible.
I thought this too during the presentation last night. Perhaps it was just me, but I thought I heard stronger traces than normal of a South African accent on certain words - I haven't noticed that when listening to him before. My accent has changed somewhat over the years, but I think I sometimes subconsciously go back to an accent from my childhood on certain words when I am relaxed, so perhaps it is the same with him.

V10 has me seriously considering a YouTube premium or Hulu subscription (already a Netflix subscriber). I’m curious how big of a boost Tesla streaming will be to these businesses, if at all. I also wonder if the the spike in traffic from Tesla interface will get noticed by other companies, who will then push for their own app (AppleTv, PrimeVideo, Sling).

I'm wondering what the driving force behind the anti-NIO decisions of Beijing is.

[...]

Does anyone have any good explanation for this?

The TESLAQ crowd will say that they want to steal Tesla's technology and use it for the glory of China and Chinese companies. If that were the motive, I doubt they needed to bring the factory over. They could also have gotten far through industrial espionage or reverse engineering.

If you were to search for a typical article about Tesla in the media outlet RT (formerly calledRussia Today, and Russia’s most prominent international information/propaganda outlet), it is likely that you would come away with the impression that Tesla is a company led by an incompetent CEO producing pathetic, highly dangerous, and unpopular cars.
Tesla: Russia’s Top Propaganda Target - Sky Statement

Toyota doubles down on hydrogen with 2nd-gen Mirai's 2020 release (Teslarati)

For all of you waiting in breathless anticipation, the 2nd gen Mirai is on the way!

"Toyota European head of sales and marketing Matt Harrison noted that the company expects the price of hydrogen vehicles to match hybrids within 10 years, and price parity to be reached once the third generation of H2 fuel cell vehicles are released.":eek:

Well, that kind of confirms that half the TSLAQ stuff comes from the troll factory, since this is obviously the official take on Tesla.

A lot of TSLAQ twitter comments have grammar issues.

So, good company the shorties have.

First, trolls interfere in elections on behalf of R candidate, I bet most of Rs would not agree that ever happened.

Now trolls interfere in electrification of transport on behalf of oil and mainstream Rs agenda and I bet they won't admit they again have Putin as an ally fighting against clean air, energy independence, and for climate change.

Rs are in bed with Putin whether they like it or not.

Russia/USSR has always been terrified that Western technological breakthroughs will obsolete its few areas of strength. SpaceX already destroyed their commercial launch industry and Dragon, when it flies, will end their monopoly in ISS crew transport, so they have reason to hate Musk already. If Tesla weakens their petrochemical leverage over Europe, that could be another reason.

Of those that were caught on video? One. And the vehicle being summoned wasn't at fault. The summoned vehicle had right-of-way, and when the accident happened, it was stopped.

Believe it or not, regardless of whether many tens of thousands of people are trying out smart (not "enhanced") summon, parking lot fender benders are a daily issue.

Traffic violations in parking lots are exceedingly common by human drivers. Nobody usually cares.

Given that so far the only known accident on Smart Summon had a human driver at fault, if you want your kids to be safe, you should want more people using Smart Summon.

I made my conclusions based on reading the Enhanced Summon, where are you? and Enhanced Summon coming (Elon tweet 6 Apr, 2019) threads. I just posted some other tests in the first one.
Additionally (this is not summon) one of my friends backed straight into a pickup truck. They swore there were no warning before the impact. Sensors but specially the software are not that robust yet.
In Roddie Hassan's video the was in near collision due to ignoring the traffic laws. in other cases it just drives in the wild regardless of stop signs and lanes. Blocked people for good amount of time. I wouldn't be surprised if someone is gonna get beaten up for it. In the Costco video the car keeps creeping forward pointing the wheels towards the pedestrian.

Enhanced/advanced/smart. none of these describe the status or the functionality right now.

And we have trolls here who question concerted attacks on Tesla, while they attack Tesla. Any decency and attempts to save mankind are attacked. Apparently there are lots of people that will perform any sick, evil act for a buck.

Seeing the reactions of so many vile people against anything that is trying to help the future generations of humanity to survive makes me mad. I have come to the conclusion that this race does not deserve to be saved! Nature, bring on the climate change at full force and kill off this parasite species ASAP!

For all of you waiting in breathless anticipation, the 2nd gen Mirai is on the way!

"Toyota European head of sales and marketing Matt Harrison noted that the company expects the price of hydrogen vehicles to match hybrids within 10 years, and price parity to be reached once the third generation of H2 fuel cell vehicles are released.":eek:

Well my province, Alberta, is getting ready to supply them with hydrogen! :rolleyes:o_O

Trench/ tunnel is likely utilty run from power station to HVAC plant.

Conveyor for packs results in a point to point barrier to other traffic (unless elevated). I'm hypothesizing that it is better to load trailers at the pack plant and use a tug to move them in bulk to the approprate loading dock door on the assembly line. No use of interior space, leverages existing infrascture, can use additional trailers for buffering, can source from additional plants, and matches how the GF1 supplied packs will arrive. More flexible, sprung structure like, lower cost, and scalable.
Yes, I thought about that scenario too, but there's additional considerations:
  1. we know that GF3 will be importing bty cells and building packs at some point quite soon. The LG China contract rumors and Panasonic GF1 announcement argue for that. These both imply that GF3 must be building their own packs early in the production process, much earlier than the completion date for this just started "phase 2" building
  2. we also know that GF1/Sparks disassembled and shipped their mk 1 bty pack building machine to GF3/Shanghai some time ago. Unless that machine is sitting in storage somewhere, its got to have been put into the existing structure. This argues that GF3 phase 1 will have the ability to assemble bty cells into packs
  3. if the new structure is designed to build bty cells rather than assemble bty packs, the need for transport from the "bty workshop" to the main building will be substanitally lessened. Indeed, a miniturized vacuum pipe tube might be all that is required to move bare 2170 cells between buildings at high speed without disrupting surface vehicle traffic
snapshot4.jpg

So, If LG starts shipping cells to GF3 before the "bty workshop" is complere, It'd say that's further evidence that the new structure will be the first "Megacube" intended to manufacture bty cells. I hope so, because with Semi imminent and the Pickup unveil due in November, Tesla is about to become extraordinarily 'cell hungry'. They'll need many such bty cell factories, and that right soon!

Cheers!

When 95% of the hydrogen produced in the US comes from Natural Gas - an aquifer-destroying fossil fuel that results in a greater amount of GHG produced than gasoline when used for transporting, I can’t imagine there is anyone who has enthusiastically followed TMC with a concern for planet sustainability that would see this as anything but going backwards. It’s time for Toyota to pull it’s head out of its backside- at least up to its ears, so it can hear that the rest of the world is following the Global Climate Strike

No one ever told me about this bullish Tesla website before created by the Q crowd.

TeslaDeaths.com: Digital record of Tesla crashes resulting in death

Based on my calculations, Tesla should register 860/deaths a year just to be as dangerous as any other car. But here the trolls only pinned Teslas to have killed 26 so far this year? Can Teslas be any safer?

V10 has me seriously considering a YouTube premium or Hulu subscription (already a Netflix subscriber). I’m curious how big of a boost Tesla streaming will be to these businesses, if at all. I also wonder if the the spike in traffic from Tesla interface will get noticed by other companies, who will then push for their own app (AppleTv, PrimeVideo, Sling).
Btw, anybody concerned about streaming working off of LTE connection?

Elon previously said they can't afford massive volumes of data going across cell connections and will make this work only off of Wi-fi.

But now everybody is streaming without Wi-fi.
I realize it has a huge ad potential, but if this stays in place forever, the costs will add up too.