Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Top%2BModels.PNG

Top%2BBrands.jpg

EV Sales: Global Top 20 August 2019

Does anyone know what their methodology is?

Reactions: SpaceCash
Does anyone know what their methodology is?

For countries with publicly available registration data they use that.

For US they used InsideEVs estimate.

For China they use an estimate by an investment house that uses new Teslas getting insurance.

In UK,Japan, and South Korea X number of top selling models are listed publicly by government registry the rest are placed in "other" category.They use a certain percentage of that "other" category to estimate a number. These are pure guesses but a rounding error globally.

Recently, among the Top Alternate Powertrain models in the UK the #2 model was listed as "Other." Most deduce this is Tesla Model 3 since no other model not named can be selling that high and that Tesla has requested not being named in public registration data.

Some more colour on the situation in Australia: They’re not answering their phones or email, and some deliveries are indeed slipping to October. I was promised home delivery (Canberra doesn’t have a store or service center) last Friday, but they stood me up. I found out that they had a breakdown in logistics and my car was still in Sydney. Earliest possible delivery would be October 1. I decided to do my part and take delivery in Sydney instead. The drive home was...even better than I had imagined.

I heard that they were planning to deliver 68 cars that day (last Saturday) from that one location in Sydney. So they’re certainly pushing them out. From the Australian part of the forum it sounds like many of the cars are being delivered with minor issues, so they’ll be busy fixing those for a while. But my car is perfect.

I had a warning about low cooling fluid level a couple of days after the delivery of my Model 3. The sec guy couldn’t find a leak and just added some cooling fluid. His explanation was that the first fillup at the factory could contain some air bubbles, that disappear by the time the customer gets the car, resulting in low fluid levels warnings.
I had the same thing with my S three years ago. Same reason was given, air bubbles. I have never had an issue with it since.

It’s a pity car buyers in so many countries are still stuck in the past, especially in big countries like Italy and Spain.

UK buyers still have the excuse that Model 3 was hardly available in H1 and those in eastern European countries still cannot buy it (although I’m not expecting miracles in light of the low average wage and lack of incentives).

I do my part by going on vacation to Tuscany and Provençe the last three years :)

So the big story from Friday that sent everything negative, is apparently "fake news".

Why not refute it immediately on Friday then? Oh yes, because all your shorty/hedge-fund mates need to a bit of help with their manipulations.

Incredible!

View attachment 460925

It hurts my soul that "fake news" has become an acceptable way of describing a false report.

Not liking Fred's new forecast. 6 figures a significant psychological barrier to cross.

Let's hypothetically say we assume the worst, it might make Tesla 1000 to 2000 cars short. Not ideal, but it would still put them on track for at least the low end of the full year 360k guidance for 2019.

I'm hoping at least a few thousand extra vehicles produced out of GF3 alone in Q4 which would be easy to deliver.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl Raymond
It is incredible to see how dominating Tesla is even in an off-peak month. Also, YTD Model 3 sales equal #2+#3+#4 together.

And note that this includes PHEV's, which are in reality closer to the ICE market, not the EV market.

If we list only BEV, or list by EV range deployed or MWh battery capacity deployed, Tesla's lead is even bigger, and companies like BMW, Mercedes and VW disappear.

So the big story from Friday that sent everything negative, is apparently "fake news".

Why not refute it immediately on Friday then? Oh yes, because all your shorty/hedge-fund mates need to a bit of help with their manipulations.

Incredible!

View attachment 460925

And what is the SEC doing about that ?

...crickets...

Uh, of course, nothing, they are the Shortseller Enrichment Commission after all.

V10 has me seriously considering a YouTube premium or Hulu subscription (already a Netflix subscriber). I’m curious how big of a boost Tesla streaming will be to these businesses, if at all. I also wonder if the the spike in traffic from Tesla interface will get noticed by other companies, who will then push for their own app (AppleTv, PrimeVideo, Sling).
Zero impact. The amount of people streaming in the car will not even show up as a blip on the radar at any of these services.

when are delivery numbers expected? I'm guessing this MIGHT be the last trading day before...so expect to finish a few points up. there must be people thinking of buying who know the results are looking good and better to be in before than after.

So I got V10 and have a question. Is it only Model 3's that get YouTube and Netflix and Karaoke?

I don't see how to launch them and the browser In my 2017 is to slow and clunky to use for YouTube....actually I get a HTML 5 error .

Someone posted this on Twitter, it may help...

upload_2019-9-30_15-36-1.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-30_15-35-1.png
    upload_2019-9-30_15-35-1.png
    627.6 KB · Views: 40