Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderators are very biased IME. If the same quote had said "the sooner these young Hispanic women (read AOC) are out of power, the better", the post would be immediately removed, and the poster possibly banned. :rolleyes:
This fad of white-bashing is still in vogue. Give it a couple years and people will find their center again. It is a disgusting trend, though.
To me the number of failures per cars with V10 is already too high. And I don't have exact statistics for this. You can hide behind this sentence and bury your head in the sand. Reasonable guesses however can be made based on the videos and reports.
"To you", nothing will ever be fine, because you have a vested interest in seeing the company fail.
Oh noes, pointless arbitrary target that wasn't a real target missed. DOOOOOOOOM.
This

God. Earlier this year, I bought a quarter million dollar's worth of TSLA Jan21. It's down to 5 digits now. I keep waiting for it to recover, but it just doesn't seem to be capable of doing so. I have no idea what to do now. I do plan on rolling it over to Jan22s eventually, but doing so is akin to de-levering, and I don't feel great about de-levering while the SP is low.

I was watching an old youtube video about old people crying about losing a large chunk of their savings during the recession. What's funny is that the highest number given was only 1/3 of what I've lost so far this year.

It sounds like you are saying you were using money you weren't prepared to lose? And with options no less? What were your strike prices?

Zero sympathies here.

There, I fixed it for CNBC ;)

Capture.PNG

Yup, I tried it about 10 times :). No crashes but I did stop it early a couple times because I was nervous about other parked cars close by.
Me too, at least 10. No crashes but 2 times it tried to go straight over the curb it was front parked against. I was using “come to me”. Every person I showed did a video or said “get the f out, no way!” It is by far from perfect but like AP I can’t wait to see what the next version does. Also, this is the path any other FSD company is going to have to do. This is a very heavy lift and they are all years behind if not a decade.

Probably big selloff in the morning to 220-225 range, then some buyers step in, I probably will also add some. and then I don't wanna see chart before earning report

I think the production and sales were stronger than you give credit for. Let's see how the stock reacts. Even if it shed $10 since today's close, I don't really see that as a loss given the macro action the last two days. To my way of thinking, we are probably going to be sitting strong at $230+ with potential upside between now and earnings depending upon the overall market. Let's not forget that TSLA has a much higher Beta than the typical stocks so we are actually sitting pretty well.

Also, there has been a lot of good news lately that was probably overshadowed by the drama of the EoQ. It will be digested over the next several days. Also, the thesis that people don't want electric cars is melting faster than the glaciers. ;)

Let's get real. Does this say anything about the number of errors this 'smart' summon has made? Nope. How many of those 550k tests had hits, near hits, driving towards a pedestrian, driving over curb, holding up people, confusing traffic, incomplete mission?

NO BETA VERSIONS ON THE ROAD! OK?
You really are a ray of sunshine.

Greenies should be pushing Nuclear
Nah, but thanks for playing. ;)

Nuclear energy too slow, too expensive to save climate: report

In mid-2019, new wind and solar generators competed efficiently against even existing nuclear power plants in cost terms, and grew generating capacity faster than any other power type, the annual World Nuclear Industry Status Report (WNISR) showed.

The cost of generating solar power ranges from $36 to $44 per megawatt hour (MWh), the WNISR said, while onshore wind power comes in at $29–$56 per MWh. Nuclear energy costs between $112 and $189.

Over the past decade, the WNISR estimates levelized costs - which compare the total lifetime cost of building and running a plant to lifetime output - for utility-scale solar have dropped by 88% and for wind by 69%.

For nuclear, they have increased by 23%, it said.

To you", nothing will ever be fine, because you have a vested interest in seeing the company fail.

Nope. I don't want it to fail. I want EVs on the road and it's a great thing Tesla kicked the butt of everyone. But I want them to change couple of things though. Elon should stop behaving like a kid. He should stop claiming unproven or incorrect things about the car. He should stop false advertising. He should stop releasing untested features.

Your original argument:
  • Premise: There exist anecdotes of bad Smart Summon cases
  • Conclusion: Smart Summon is dangerous
Your logic to back up your premise, after it was undercut by the sheer magnitude of Smart Summons conducted in the first few days:
  • Premise: Smart Summon is dangerous
  • Conclusion: There must be vastly more bad Smart Summon cases out there which, for some reason despite our age of social media, nobody has heard of.
You're begging the question now. Your supporting premise is your initial conclusion.

Good thing there were no human involved accidents reported this weekend. That doesn't mean it is safe.
// I saw 4 fender benders.

The way I think it can be dangerous specially for kids and bicyclists is that it has a hard time checking objects in the 10 and 2 o'clock directions. It is also unknown if it detects small kids / unusually dressed kids / kids lying on the ground as it didn't stop for a tree in one case.

My conclusions are based on these videos:
- "Tesla Smart Summon: Does It Actually Work?" from UrAvgConsumer
- "Will Tesla Smart Summon Stop for a Person? | Enhanced Summon Demo | Version 10 |" from Dirty Tesla

They cut S/X prices quite a bit. We don't know how much they discounted preraven cars.

How would discounts for accounting purposes be calculated on the pre Ravens when prices were lowered with Ravens? For example, inventory pre-Ravens with a list of $135,000+ were being sold for ~$100,000 because buyers were able to request removal of FSD, downgrade of wheels (although, physically, they were not exchanged out at delivery), waiving of Ludicrous upgrade cost, etc.

• Helpful
Reactions: kbM3