Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this comment to the CR article:

“Thanks for reviewing this new feature.

I read that a very large percentage of accidents occur in parking lots, and many of those include injuries and death. Much of that comes from inattentive drivers and excessive speed.

There have been something like 500k uses of smart summon in the first day. There have been no injuries or fatalities. Do you think this is relevant?

Is it possible that the feature is already saving injuries and fatalities? It seems so at first glance of the statistics.”

I think you just nailed it with that comment.

“Much of that comes from inattentive drivers and excessive speed.”

It’s not the feature of smart summon saving lives.

If everyone in parking lots drove as slow and passively as a Tesla during Smart Summon, there will definitely be A LOT less accidents.

Edit: The other thing to point out is many of that 500k use touted has been in empty or partially empty parking lots. The few videos showing accident or near accident have been in busy parking lots. So, it’s not an apples to apples comparison.

Last edited:
What?? Please show your math.

Were you blocked or did you get so many negative ratings that you created a new account with almost the same name (previous was T3slaOwner)? You ain't a Tesla owner. You have >200 posts in total, seemingly all of them with a negative vibe. I noticed this because you got through my ignore list with your "new" name.

Last edited:
Last edited:

I don't believe he did any math - so I am not sure what you are requesting.
If you are referring to the 500k uses of smart summons in first few days - it was reported by Elon Musk in a tweet:
upload_2019-10-9_17-39-46.png

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 68

Were you blocked or did you get so many negative ratings that you created a new account with almost the same name (previous was T3slaOwner)? You ain't a Tesla owner. You have >200 posts in total, seemingly all of them with a negative vibe.
1 char difference with the name of a confirmed Putin's troll. Coincidence? Honestly, I'd pick a totally different name after the "reveal".

Maybe it's just the next one on the spreadsheet, so no option to conceal your identity, because someone else is responsible for creating accounts on the spreadsheet. Sometimes stupidity has no limits. Like in the Boshirov/Petrov saga where all FSB agents were getting identities per the same pattern/procedure.

Last edited:

(Smart Summon Safety vs Parking Lot accident statistics)

Steve Jobs Ghost on Twitter

AND
Prevent Parking Lot Crashes - State Farm®

“About 20 percent of all vehicle accidents happen in parking lots ...”

AND
Parking lot accidents: statistics, causes, and liability | MyParkingSign.com Blog

“NHTSA estimates that 22 percent (more than one-fifth) of children between ages 5 and 9 killed in traffic crashes were pedestrians. Most of these accidents occurred because drivers failed to see kids while backing up their vehicles.”

Last edited:
Seems Ihor has overestimated the number of shorted shares this time. The number released today on Nasdaq for 30th Sep is just 36,058,919 shares shorted (Tesla, Inc. Common Stock (TSLA) Short Interest). While Ihor had predicted 39,17 mm (https://twitter.com/ihors3/status/1178671393677950977) on the same day. Surprising to see a big drop in short interest since mid September since volumebot had actually claimed a particularly high amount of short sales (or does it also count covering as a short activity?) TSLA | Volumebot

Can anybody make more sense of this?

I think you just nailed it with that comment.

“Much of that comes from inattentive drivers and excessive speed.”

It’s not the feature of smart summon saving lives.

If everyone in parking lots drove as slow and passively as a Tesla during Smart Summon, there will definitely be A LOT less accidents.

... which would mean use of Smart Summon will save lives/reduce accident rates. The reason why it would reduce those doesn’t really matter in the discussion of whether it will

Ladies and gentlemen, dear citizens of TMC, this is a public service notice: we have received reports of a new bird in town, of the "Trollus Toxicitus" species.

This is a rare sighting, and it strayed far away from its natural habitat, the desolate desert of Seekingus Alfus Dumbus.

Please do not feed and do not engage, pest control professionals have been notified.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Were you blocked or did you get so many negative ratings that you created a new account with almost the same name (previous was T3slaOwner)? You ain't a Tesla owner. You have >200 posts in total, seemingly all of them with a negative vibe. I noticed this because you got through my ignore list with your "new" name.
I WONDERED why I was getting his posts again. Thanks. Re-Ignored.