Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have sold so many Powerwalls in the last 2 weeks. Many customers buying 3-5 of them. Some customers buying 18 of them, because they are ballers like that.

With power outages here, its going to become a luxury that all the very affluent homes will have or want to have very soon.

Energy is going to be huge over the next few years, exciting! Thanks for the free marketing PG&E!

A big issue I see with PW sellers is they refuse to sell you one if you already have solar or quote insane prices. I have gotten approached for estimates and they they call back and cancel appointments once they hear you already have solar.

this is why I don't like too many say.com questions and analysts left out

EHoC8SgXkAAfdW8

Nah. You're assuming the "analysts" on the call would've asked such a question. Judging from past earnings calls, there will always be hindsight questioning of "why wasn't this asked"!

The say.com questions give us, the retail investors, an actual say in getting our questions answered, not what the analysts want to fit into their narrative.

can someone pull a daily trading chart from 5/8/2013 and 5/9/2013?

Daily includes a lot of noise. Whats about monthly?

Making a step back and all of the sudden everything gets clearer

Are you searching for the run in 2013? Thats been even before my time with Tesla and I like the current run more

Back in the channel.
Tesla Monthly-2.png

Hey, no questions about shitty service from SAY or on the call... or did I miss any? The silence on this make me think it's under control now. That's encouraging... with increased margins.

Tesla processes are becoming as streamline and efficient as their cars IMO.
Oh ya!

Think of the gas stations, power companies, car companies, ride share companies, and last but not least insurance companies in America. Tesla will dominate or be a big player in all of these.

A big issue I see with PW sellers is they refuse to sell you one if you already have solar or quote insane prices. I have gotten approached for estimates and they they call back and cancel appointments once they hear you already have solar.

We are likely one of those quoting "Insane Prices" but existing solar systems are a pain to integrate, especially as many jurisdictions are requiring rapid shutdown per new codes. Not always an easy solution with a backup system especially if the PV was never rapid shutdown compliant.

Plus most installers have more work than they can handle and not enough Powerwalls for everyone that wants one. In this case prices go up, to weed out the less profitable opportunities. Tesla is quoting really low costs but not including many installation costs, so actual final costs are much higher. Also, unlike many things, installation costs for 3 or more are actually higher than 1 Powerwall.

Overall backup power in the silicon valley is becoming a luxury, and commanding a higher price. This will continue as people sign up and our backlog increases beyond 6 months.

I caught a few minutes of CNBC figuring the news, even there, would be positive. They can't help themselves though and are in a NY short bubble. Betsy didn't say anything, Andrew went through the list of missed promises. The hedge fund guy was like, yeah he overpromises a little, but you just have to look at the trend to see what he does deliver and then Joe says, in a world of big ideas, what if you could run all blood tests from a single drop. WTF, its like they think the million cars out there are fake or he doesn't really launch those rockets into space. Clicked back to Bloomberg and watch Alex Steele.

replace

“NY short bubble”

with

“fossil fuel economy partner” (billions deep and decades long)

and what they are thinking and why they are saying things they know are gibberish makes far more sense.

... ouch. Congratulations, guys. :p

So, did you take a short position, even after the warnings by this Forum?

BTW, I too expected the typical push of the SP before the ER, with a big sell off afterward. My wife and I are celebrating our 41st in St Croix, and I had it all planned out to wait until a run up to 265, call my Merrill Lynch contact, and have him sell 100 of my shares. Fortunately, the SP flatlined for the 2 days before the ER, so I never sold. Whew! That was a close one! :eek:

Analysts:

Wedbush: Price Target moved from $220 to $270, Maintains Neutral rating
RBC: Price Target from $190 to $220, Maintains Underperform
Nomura: from $270 to $300, Maintains Neutral
JP Morgan: From 200 to $220, Maintains Underweight
Credit Suisse: From 189 to $200, Reiterates Underperform
Canaccord Genuity: From $350 to $375, Reiterates Buy
Oppenheimer: From $356 to $385, Keeps Outperform.

Musk will always have more ideas than the capital to make those ideas happen. Companies pay dividends when they more cash than ideas with a good ROI. Apple can't come up with enough big ideas that support rational investment.

Traditional car companies now wish they could stop dividends and invest in the new technologies. But they can't.
The fact that apple can't figure out something to do with their massive bank account tells me that they are on the decline and are just in harvesting mode. They really should have considered buying Tesla or doing something similar I think.

@Vines Is that for one house? I thought you were limited to 9. (Or is it just 9 per gateway and you can have two gateways in one house?)

Maximum count is determined by size of service and distance from transformer to service. This Mansion has a 1000A service, and will have 3-5 gateways, 96-120 PV modules and about 18 Powerwalls divided among the backup gateways.

The home will also have a backup generator backing up the whole thing, Its a fun job and a fun customer.

Yes, he said it last year. And he said it again this year. Of course, certain parties have a tendency to "forget" that he puts in the qualifier and say he claimed "profitable in every quarter" but they have an agenda to push.

i don't know if you are accusing me of pushing short agenda, I am definitely wrong person to accuse.

But go and read transcript what he said in q4 call transcript:
"I would say at this point, I'm optimistic about being profitable in Q1. Not by a lot, but I'm optimistic about being profitable in Q1 and for all quarters going forward."

Tesla (TSLA) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript | The Motley Fool

Reactions: dhrivnak
I caught a few minutes of CNBC figuring the news, even there, would be positive. They can't help themselves though and are in a NY short bubble. Betsy didn't say anything, Andrew went through the list of missed promises. The hedge fund guy was like, yeah he overpromises a little, but you just have to look at the trend to see what he does deliver and then Joe says, in a world of big ideas, what if you could run all blood tests from a single drop. WTF, its like they think the million cars out there are fake or he doesn't really launch those rockets into space. Clicked back to Bloomberg and watch Alex Steele.
Just watching CNBC now.

CNBC Schmucks: Ford says we have hit peak auto sales and Tesla had stalled revenue so there is no future for TSLA growth.
Me: Yelling at TV, now you want to portray Tesla as just another automaker making cars no one wants to buy? Car buyers don't want the same dreck that Ford, GM and others peddle.

The fact that apple can't figure out something to do with their massive bank account tells me that they are on the decline and are just in harvesting mode. They really should have considered buying Tesla or doing something similar I think.

They don't have massive cash balances AFAIK. They currently have a large positive cash flow before dividends. Their owners rely on these dividends for income.

Millions of retirees own automobile stocks in income funds.