Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So who blinks first in the battle of idiotic price targets, Jonas/MS ($250), Levy/CS ($200) or Spak/RBC ($220)?
Staring.jpg

Shameless OT plug for Michigan
I would scratch Michigan, that state doesn’t deserve Tesla. From my perspective, going into an entrenched state like Michigan is a no win situation, best to bring business to a friendlier more open minded state.

Don't blame the entire state and the people in it for a near literal 11th hour change to legislation that blocked Tesla from selling here. We have an available workforce, concentration of suppliers (for what little Tesla outsources), and good transportation options: centrally located in US, near Canadian border, freighters too.

Current lawsuit should have some action in February. Hopefully opening up Michigan for Tesla. (so dumb, it's not like we don't buy Teslas anyway, and the state loses out on the sales tax.

ah yes, TIM. What ever happened to that?
Not a darn thing so far. Which a rabid fan might say leans toward being a Tesla GF.

That leans toward being a Tesla GF.

Doesn't matter what the specs are. Any journalist that is not asking Ford "how many do you plan to build?" is not a real journalist.
Earlier we used to talk about "compliance cars". We should bring back the term - all those low volume EVs are basically compliance cars. So they don't build the necessary volume (or in the case of Leaf, not enough demand) to be competitive.

Last edited:

It was just a big slap on CR's face. It has been very tough on Tesla and too friendly on reviewing its competitions (like Audi' E-Tron). The thing is other than $TSLAQ type no one cared or believed what it says. People kept buying the car. The longer CR does that the more of its irreverence will be shown. It just HAVE TO do an about face. Probably still no one cares.

We don't even know what the heck they're going to call it! I really doubt "Cybertruck" will be an official name.
I’m pretty sure there’s a reason Elon keeps calling it a “Cybertruck" and I don’t think it’s because they flipped a coin and "Not-a-Pickup-Truck" lost. Just sayin’. :)