Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
giphy.webp

my official Tesla truck prediction:

The Cybertruck is going to balance gyroscopically on a single gigantic wheel, and the passenger compartment will be at its center. it will have two hauling beds, one on each side of the passenger compartment. It has 4 rows (seats 11), and passengers enter the cabin via an all-glass bulletproof elevator. no steering wheel, dashboard, or screen. All imagery will be fed directly into the brains of the occupants via a wireless neurolink connection. No battery pack. All Cybertrucks will be powered wirelessly by energy bounced off of the ionosphere by an enormous Tesla Tower Elon has secretly constructed at the North Pole. Also supports playing MP3s via USB stick.
What, no FLAC support?

If Musk is going to Mordor, is he Frodo or Sam? And does this involve a ring somehow?
As long as he's not Boromir. Never be Sean Bean.

So.....What was the reason for the sharp rise in share price today?

Given there wasn’t obvious news that I’m seeing, perhaps it was someone large accumulating/covering?

Sure seems that way. If only the short activity was reported we'd actually know. But I'm reasonably certain (what's that about Dunning-Kruger you say? Never heard of them) that there was more shorting into the close. If you had confidence the stock was over rated this wouldn't be a bad entry point.

Grid -> Transformer -> Cabinet -> Pedestal -> Vehicle

Transformers are big "boxy" things, generally shorter but wider than the cabinets, usually painted dark green. I'm pretty sure that they're the grid operator's responsibility.

Also, bigger transformers often have a lot of (cooling) oil in them, which can make transformer fires a lot worse.

While that is good news, I have to wonder if the fire official realizes that a Tesla Supercharger site consists of the actual charger stalls and nearby cabinets with power electronics - I admittedly don't know if these cabinets would fit the definition of an actual, classical transformer.

So for now, I would still not rule out that the fire was in a Tesla power cabinet.

Can anyone clarify?
Transformers are on the Utility side of the metre. It's the Utility's responsibility.

• Helpful
Reactions: floydboy
While that is good news, I have to wonder if the fire official realizes that a Tesla Supercharger site consists of the actual charger stalls and nearby cabinets with power electronics - I admittedly don't know if these cabinets would fit the definition of an actual, classical transformer.

So for now, I would still not rule out that the fire was in a Tesla power cabinet.

Can anyone clarify?

Grid -> Transformer -> Cabinet -> Pedestal -> Vehicle

Transformers are big "boxy" things, generally shorter but wider than the cabinets, usually painted dark green. I'm pretty sure that they're the grid operator's responsibility.

Transformer failures can be pretty catastrophic. I was working at The Planet in Dallas when the H1 datacenter in Houston suffered an outage from a transformer failure (we were told the utility was to blame for poor maintenance leading to the coolant oil leaking out, though the version of history that I recall being told as employee back then doesn't seem to 100% match any of the articles I can find from 2008) that TL;DR blew up the datacenter scale lead-acid UPSes and took out three walls of the power room (luckily nobody was in the room at the time, though more due to laziness and not starting the "premises patrol" check of all the things on time, if they had started on time they would have been in the room checking the UPS and other status readouts there when it happened). If the worst you get from a transformer failure is regular old fire, count yourself lucky.