Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why did EM say "we'll talk about that more later" when he said it would charge at 250 kw and then never come back to it? He almost forgot the ATV demo. Did the broken glass totally mess him up?

Yea the glass messed him up, and it won’t sell. All the orders you’re seeing today posted on TMC are fake orders. Now go to sleep.

Any smart investor is buying the stock tomorrow not because of the truck but because what those prices mean for future cost of batteries for Tesla. It's a good glimpse into what is going to be possible

This is a good take - really gives us an insight into the battery road map in 2022

Is it too early to say that the “late 2021” allocation is probably going to be sold out by end of tomorrow?

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Measure the slope angle of the rear cover. If its 17 degrees or less, I guarantee this was done for aerodynamics. Same as the empennage on an aircraft (or any airfoil), its done to avoid flow separation an the resulting turbulent drag.

Yup, just found a high-rez image of Cybertruck's side profile: the rear slope back is angled at 8.3 degrees. Good Aero. :cool:

Why did EM say "we'll talk about that more later" when he said it would charge at 250 kw and then never come back to it? He almost forgot the ATV demo. Did the broken glass totally mess him up?

He said 250kw+. I took the talk about it later to refer to that plus and meaning a later date.

My big take away is the battery tech.

Elon glossed over 250 kw charging speed. I got the impression it can go higher but they aren't ready to talk about that.

Also, the price shocked me. With those tires, I would expect it to need a huge battery pack to get even 300 miles of range. 500miles for $70,000 in three years... I think there has been substantial battery cost, and maybe density, improvements.

The presentation was short and lacking details. I would have liked to have seen more and heard more explicitly stated features.

Reactions: TradingInvest
They showed the number on the screen during the reveal.

would it kill Elon to actually rehearse for a day and not act like he'd never seen the slides before, or had no idea what order they were in? i'm having anxiety attacks just imagine what it would be like being the guy in charge of the clicker while Elon is on stage. people spent so much energy building those slides, let alone building that tech, and then it's up on the screen, possibly out of view of the audience, and Elon goes, "um yeah ... so ... it ... " and moves on.

I’m wondering how this thing is so inexpensive... the dual motor AWD one with FSD I ordered costs $7000 less than the similarly specced Y I ordered before, but with 20+ more miles of range...
Model Y AWD is actually 52k compared to 50k truck.
Truck also has +20miles, active suspension, offroad capability, bed for moving stuff.
Edit: +17 inch screen vs 15 inch

Y suddenly looks like not a good deal. Of course, the difference is 2 years, which are needed for battery improvements.

I'm starting to think I might replace my 3 with the truck, but still get the Y.

Count me in with looks growing on me. Especially checking out the website.

The price would seem to indicate they’re aiming for Model 3/Y volumes. If they do get 100’s of thousands of orders and Tesla announces it, seems like it should lead to a nice stock pop.

What if Tesla announces a big order number tomorrow?
I don't think they will announce. They'll be tortured by the media asking all the time how many were canceled.